Cam Ward to Portal

Advertisement
Why was his visit to Miami only 24 hours but like 70 to FSU?
Caveman football is an easy film review session.

Avoid The Office GIF

Advertisement
Is ward really taking a 3 day visit to FSU ? Pretty much sums it up if that is true
It’s basically the same. He was in Miami yesterday and today. He will be at fsu tomorrow and Friday. He said he was going home tonight so I guess we will see when or if he gets to fsu

Advertisement
He said we are the leader...of course we are, we are the only school he has visited. Hoping it is a smokescreen, but if not, I will roll with Howard.
Smith can catch passes from either Ward or Howard.

Advertisement
Consider the following:

It's in the interest of every agent involved in the Quarterback Transfer Process to juice up the money involved in the Negotiations as possible.

I am NOT surprised that Cam Ward's visit to Miami was one of the first Big Negotiations involved. I was disappointed, but upon some reflection, unsurprised that his team apparently walked away without signing a contract. It got out that he Miami tentatively agreed to pay Ward 2.5M for a one-year contract.

All this did was to set the Market at a figure that may be abnormally high. The problem is, other schools don't have the Mas Brothers and Institutional Miami backing up their head coach, except USC and a few others. FSU certainly doesn't. OSU may have money. Notre Dame does, but all these State Schools may run into Donor Fatigue (such as Texas A&M, for example, given the Jimbo Payout). At some point, these big state schools are going to face resistance from NGO's and educational interest groups who don't like College Football getting money that they believe should be going to their lobby.

But right now, it's Wild West and Last Man Standing.

I have a hunch that there was an Agents Conference Call prior to the Transfer Portal opening up and a decision was made by the Whale Agents to see what they could get. Cam Ward may have been a test case to see what the Market could bear, but the market may be nearing a Top.

At this point, I think Mario and UM Legal should immediately move on to Howard. My assumption, and I am absolutely prepared to be proven wrong, is that Ward's negotiating team used Miami to set the bar for OSU and USC (they're not serious about FSU, because it's an open secret that FSU is tapped out). Nice meal at Prime One Twelve, but I suspect we got played.

It would be nice if I'm wrong, but in typical Miami fashion, I don't think I am.

The same people claiming it's done. There are announcements. Be patient. Insult you for not knowing anything, are the same ones that insulted everyone during thr gorlami disaster. Makes you wonder right.

Advertisement
Consider the following:

It's in the interest of every agent involved in the Quarterback Transfer Process to juice up the money involved in the Negotiations as possible.

I am NOT surprised that Cam Ward's visit to Miami was one of the first Big Negotiations involved. I was disappointed, but upon some reflection, unsurprised that his team apparently walked away without signing a contract. It got out that he Miami tentatively agreed to pay Ward 2.5M for a one-year contract.

All this did was to set the Market at a figure that may be abnormally high. The problem is, other schools don't have the Mas Brothers and Institutional Miami backing up their head coach, except USC and a few others. FSU certainly doesn't. OSU may have money. Notre Dame does, but all these State Schools may run into Donor Fatigue (such as Texas A&M, for example, given the Jimbo Payout). At some point, these big state schools are going to face resistance from NGO's and educational interest groups who don't like College Football getting money that they believe should be going to their lobby.

But right now, it's Wild West and Last Man Standing.

I have a hunch that there was an Agents Conference Call prior to the Transfer Portal opening up and a decision was made by the Whale Agents to see what they could get. Cam Ward may have been a test case to see what the Market could bear, but the market may be nearing a Top.

At this point, I think Mario and UM Legal should immediately move on to Howard. My assumption, and I am absolutely prepared to be proven wrong, is that Ward's negotiating team used Miami to set the bar for OSU and USC (they're not serious about FSU, because it's an open secret that FSU is tapped out). Nice meal at Prime One Twelve, but I suspect we got played.

It would be nice if I'm wrong, but in typical Miami fashion, I don't think I am.
1000028014.jpg

Advertisement
Back