Cam Ward to Portal

Advertisement
I’ve watched almost every Wazzu game over the past several years (buddy is a Wazzu fan and I always loved watching Leach’s teams so they just became a team I have on). Ever since the conference realignment stuff came out I’ve been hoping Ward would do a grad year at Miami. He’s elite. This isn’t a 1a 1b situation imo, Ward is a significantly better player that was elevating a pretty mediocre supporting cast, including a horrendous o-line.

I just have a hard time believing anyone who has actually watched both of their games thinks Howard is better, or even on the same level. But then again someone called him a poor man’s Josh Allen, when Allen has maybe the most live arm I’ve seen and Howard has 10 yard outs dying on him by the time they get there.
Yeah I like them both but if I had the luxury of choosing I’m taking Ward 10/10 times

Doubt either Ward or Howard would commit to Miami without visiting other schools. Would be nice but stupid on their part.

Expecting any decision today or tomorrow is absurd.

I’m thinking Thursday or Friday so they can use that for the last recruiting effort during the weekend visits with some top guys left on the board on offense.

Saturday at the absolute latest.

Yeah I like them both but if I had the luxury of choosing I’m taking Ward 10/10 times
Yep. I think Howard is a fine player, and if the Ward stuff wasn’t something I’ve been hoping for for months now that seems to have actually gained steam, I wouldn’t be disappointed with him at all. Unfortunately we’re past that point lol

I think with Howard we should be able to win 10 games next year. With Ward there would be legitimate playoff hopes in the first year of the 12 team.

Advertisement
Doubt either Ward or Howard would commit to Miami without visiting other schools. Would be nice but stupid on their part.

Expecting any decision today or tomorrow is absurd.
What is absurd is making any kind of absolute opinion when it comes to recruiting and NIL. It is all chaos.

jeff goldblum movie and tv s GIF

I’ve watched almost every Wazzu game over the past several years (buddy is a Wazzu fan and I always loved watching Leach’s teams so they just became a team I have on). Ever since the conference realignment stuff came out I’ve been hoping Ward would do a grad year at Miami. He’s elite. This isn’t a 1a 1b situation imo, Ward is a significantly better player that was elevating a pretty mediocre supporting cast, including a horrendous o-line.

I just have a hard time believing anyone who has actually watched both of their games thinks Howard is better, or even on the same level. But then again someone called him a poor man’s Josh Allen, when Allen has maybe the most live arm I’ve seen and Howard has 10 yard outs dying on him by the time they get there.
Someone in another thread was talking about Howard’s “elite arm talent” and I pointed out the balls dying on him as well. Him and Ward’s arm talent is not on the same level.

However, Howard seems to be a gamer, leader and a tough guy which are also valuable (and he led K State to their first 10 win season in a decade and a Big 12 championship which is not insignificant in this discussion). I mentioned in the other thread that Howard reminds me of Marc Bulger from back in the day. Great accuracy, seemingly great anticipation, but not the strongest arm.

Ward is my clear #1, and I think his arm talent is bordering on elite if not elite, but I think Howard would still be a 10+ win qb here and a homerun for next year. Feeling blessed with our options at the moment. Lock one up and let’s make a run next year.

Advertisement
Yep. I think Howard is a fine player, and if the Ward stuff wasn’t something I’ve been hoping for for months now that seems to have actually gained steam, I wouldn’t be disappointed with him at all. Unfortunately we’re past that point lol

I think with Howard we should be able to win 10 games next year. With Ward there would be legitimate playoff hopes in the first year of the 12 team.

I love your optimism

But must I remind Mario is still roaming the sidelines on game days, calling timeouts at midfield only to punt

Advertisement
Agreed. When you're a QB away you don’t let your QB1 leave or get cheap about it…

We're a QB, a stud DT, a WR1, and a couple difference makers in the secondary away.

Doesn't seem likely but never say never I guess. Would need to land something like a Ward, Walter Nolen, JJ, and the secondary

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back