Cam McCormick, TE, Oregon

That entire post was a joke to justify taking this TE. Dolphins were down 17-0 and I needed to distract my mind from the game lol

Sorry, should've been clear that it was a joke. Thought that was clear lol.
You better step your comedy game/sarcasm up if you want to be in the Funniest Poster category for 2023

Advertisement
He played 366 snaps in 2022. We are stacked at receiving tight ends. This makes sense and he’s not a jag is what I’m saying. Having a grown man his size blocking with his mobility is a pro anyway you slice it.

Exactly.

People want to make fun of his age, because he plays TE and they (falsely) assume we are looking for 50 receptions from the kid.

But most people wouldn't whine if we had an NFL-aged OL that we could play, and on whom we could rely for running plays. Certainly, nobody says a **** word about the "older" BYU players who have gone on Mormon mission trips, and are older than other college players (at similar levels of remaining eligibility).

A lot of porsters are just bitter about other "misses" and are taking it out on this guy.

Ri-god****-diculous.

Exactly.

People want to make fun of his age, because he plays TE and they (falsely) assume we are looking for 50 receptions from the kid.

But most people wouldn't whine if we had an NFL-aged OL that we could play, and on whom we could rely for running plays. Certainly, nobody says a **** word about the "older" BYU players who have gone on Mormon mission trips, and are older than other college players (at similar levels of remaining eligibility).

A lot of porsters are just bitter about other "misses" and are taking it out on this guy.

Ri-god****-diculous.
For real. Staff must think he can help in one way or another.

Must suck to commit to a place (a place that has sucked forever, by the way) and just get bagged on by the fans immediately.

Great look for us smh

Advertisement

Must suck to commit to a place (a place that has sucked forever, by the way) and just get bagged on by the fans immediately.

Great look for us smh
Our fans doing there best to challenge the gator fans psychosis with this one

Advertisement
While playing the third most snaps among Oregon TEs in his first full year without injury since 2017. He played a very limited part-time role last year, caught a grand total of 18 passes in 4 years, missed 3 full seasons in college due to injury, and tore his ACL during his senior year of high school.

Like I said, it’s not a big deal at all compared to the other glaring issues surrounding this program but we should have been able to land a higher caliber of player at TE without such an injury riddled track record. That’s not controversial to say.

His perseverance is admirable and I wish him well wherever he ends up. If it’s here, hopefully he stays healthy and fills a niche.
I get what you’re saying but we’re already loaded with elite pass catching TE’s. What we don’t have is a big bull to help block when it’s 4th and goal from the 1. Every football team needs those certain pieces that fill a specific role. We just need McCormick to be a cog in the machine, not THE cog.

Great look for us smh

Not only that, but people are screaming about getting a 0-tech NT who is needed for about 15% of the snaps (per Lance Roffers) and then they go apoplectic when we sign a TE that blocks more than he catches.

We definitely have some self-centered whiny fans who feel compelled to post every negative, hateful thought that runs through their peanut-sized brains.

Advertisement
EXCLUSIVE:
Time lapse of Cam aging from frosh year - now..

matt damon waiting GIF

I get what you’re saying but we’re already loaded with elite pass catching TE’s. What we don’t have is a big bull to help block when it’s 4th and goal from the 1. Every football team needs those certain pieces that fill a specific role. We just need McCormick to be a cog in the machine, not THE cog.
Elite pass catching TEs
Lets not get ahead of ourselves
Screenshot_20230123-212142.png

Advertisement
Boy played at Oregon with Akili Smith his freshman yr.

I smoked bowls with Akili Smith and some other Ducks players a few times at Oregon. One time I asked if they ever had to take a pee test for football. They said they're always told ahead of time when they were going to get tested and had fake dongs with clean urine just in case. True story.

Elite pass catching TEs
Lets not get ahead of ourselves
View attachment 226220
Arroyo - 4 Star #6 TE overall
Skinner - 4 Star #3 TE overall
Williams - 4 Star #3 TE overall

The talent is there, but we don’t throw to our TE’s or use them as much as we should...hopefully that changes this year. My point was, none of these guys are known for their physicality. We needed at least one TE on our roster who can move the pile. As far as receiving TE’s go we have more than enough talent there.

Advertisement
Back