Cam McCormick, TE, Oregon

Advertisement
Miami is looking for a veteran TE with size to bolster the room as Arroyo works his way back from injury.

Cam McCormick from Oregon is a guy who can take some snaps in-line and shore up the depth.
Take “some snaps in-line and shore up the depth.”

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Advertisement
I 100% agree with everyone that Cam needs to stop getting PT.
But the answer just isn't another TE. Literally none of our other TEs are stepping up. Arroyo is injured. Skinner is a twig. Riley Williams keeps blowing opportunities. Its a little like Davante Brown and Jaden Davis. Every ******* time they put Brown in he caused us a 15 yard penalty. Well everytime Riley Williams is in he's not taking advantage of his opportunity. And I mean he's just a true freshman. I think next year he'll be the guy...

The Answer is take Cam the **** off the field, and go 4 wide. We have such a good ******* oline. Spreading teams out and running with just our 5 lineman on a light box is 100% the ******* answer. **** I'd rather go 2 RB than have a TE on the field at this point.

You're coming at this too emotionally.

Yeah, dude, he obviously shouldn't be out there running routes and playing as much as he is. He's had some bad play by proxy of the volume of football he's been playing. He's still a good blocking TE and very useful player but not being put in the best position to succeed when he's out there most of the game in all situations.

This forum gets like this too often and doesn't learn. When the players are out there and stinking it up...what is likely behind them is worse. Our TE2 can't catch a cold right now either and he was a top prospect. The other players can't sniff the field. If your argument is "well then play them, they can't be worse!"...idk, they usually have been or we've had significant injuries.

Cam McCormick really didn't play good football last night, but when his matchup was this 6'4" 240lb 24 year old (or 25, idk how old Wilson is, but he's overaged, too) linebacker that is playing like he's Luke Kuechly out there, idk, he was ****ed from the jump.

But the answer just isn't another TE. Literally none of our other TEs are stepping up. Arroyo is injured. Skinner is a twig. Riley Williams keeps blowing opportunities. Its a little like Davante Brown and Jaden Davis. Every ******* time they put Brown in he caused us a 15 yard penalty. Well everytime Riley Williams is in he's not taking advantage of his opportunity. And I mean he's just a true freshman. I think next year he'll be the guy...

The Answer is take Cam the **** off the field, and go 4 wide. We have such a good ******* oline. Spreading teams out and running with just our 5 lineman on a light box is 100% the ******* answer. **** I'd rather go 2 RB than have a TE on the field at this point.

Yep.

I made this similar point in the Lofton thread.

The danger with guys like McCormick and Lofton is they fit a certain skill set and type of offense. And only that type of offense.

And so represent Mario jamming that offense down our throat, regardless of what a disaster it is.

And we’re seeing that. This offense simply should not play a TE. A TE is not a literal requirement to play football, and we don’t have one that can do it. It’s much better to spread the teams out with 4 TEs and go RPO heavy and create spacing.

But for Mario and the style of football he demands, a blocking TE is required. And it’s killing is. And will continue killing us after McCormick is gone.

We will be bunching the box and running into 8 man boxes for years to come under Mario.

Advertisement
Didn’t he miss the block on the 4th and 1?

In general though the TE play has been disappointing. Riley dropped a 1st day and whoever was the te on the 4th and 1 missed their block and that guy crashed down and was in on the tackle

Last edited:
Gotta be honest, there's no reason to dump on this young man. He isn't out there not trying, he's just limited in what he can do. Would he like to be a threat in the passing game, I'm sure he would. He's just not very good at it and does what he can with his skillset.

I personally consider him one lucky SOB. College is great and this 7 years or whatever the amount is, life isn't going to get better. Not until you have a kid that is. ****, I would've loved to spend 7 years on someone else's dime in school. I hope he's put some of that time to good use and will be ready to kick *** in whatever his career will be.

Advertisement

100%. he’s not a receiving threat. if you’re going jumbo package the entire game
just use another OL at TE.

Advertisement

Go 4 wide and sub 84 for 0. 84 should only ply in line. He is a sloth running routes

Advertisement
Back