Cam contemplating going pro

Advertisement
hes a RB. their pro careers are barely 4 years. he should absolutely go and get that check. coming back a year wont actually help esp with the split carries and itll just add tread to the tires. **** get picked up and catch on to a team. from there, its on him. hes got the talent. every draft eligible RB should leave after 3. put your fandom away

I read this analysis on this board every year, in one form or another, but it makes one critical and highly speculative assumption: He has to make an NFL team. I'm not sure why you imply that's a given for him. He has higher chance of going undrafted. Do you know the probability of making an NFL team for a RB drafted in the last two rounds or signed as an UFA? It's virtually nothing. Those are the real facts.

Your degree is guaranteed when you sign with Miami. Even if you leave early you can still come back and finish your degree. Saying he should come back to get his degree is dumb because he can already do that while going pro at the same time

Your degree is guaranteed when you sign with Miami. Even if you leave early you can still come back and finish your degree. Saying he should come back to get his degree is dumb because he can already do that while going pro at the same time
You do understand there is a huge difference between being on a football scholarship with room, board and food stipend and the support of the fb program then just having your tuition paid for when you come back

Advertisement
hes a RB. their pro careers are barely 4 years. he should absolutely go and get that check. coming back a year wont actually help esp with the split carries and itll just add tread to the tires. **** get picked up and catch on to a team. from there, its on him. hes got the talent. every draft eligible RB should leave after 3. put your fandom away
Big problem, he did not perform this year. Not that it was his fault but his numbers are terrible. He would be lucky to get drafted.

You do understand there is a huge difference between being on a football scholarship with room, board and food stipend and the support of the fb program then just having your tuition paid for when you come back
So he should stay because he has a place to sleep and food to eat?

For all you know he already has his degree anyway

Cam Harris will go pro (in my own opinion) and should go. Coming back changes nothing for him and makes it a year more chance of getting hurt playing for free and another year older as a free agent if he happens to hit.

Chaney learns to block he's a better player at pretty much everything than Harris.
I respect your opinion but I highly doubt a year from now he is on an NFL roster so he isn't actually wasting anything in that instance.

Advertisement
And it starts. Annual tradition of guys that shouldn’t leave making bad decisions
Crazy if he does. Probably doesn't get drafted or maybe a 6th or 7th rd pick. Think he has about 1,200 yds or so total over three years....lol...Etienne, Chubba, Harris get that in one year. UNC backs in one year.

guy gets owned by 2 freshmen while being a diva towards coaches and thinks he has a shot at going pro

LOL am I serious about rooting for this team? This happens every single year, south florida has something in that water.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Right now he would be leaving to do something other than play pro football. Stay, get at least one degree and Improve to a late round pick. He did not have a great year.

The problem we have every year is not the GR or JP’s leaving it’s the guys that are talked into leaving to be 6th-7th round or UFA that hurt the most.

‘these guys are the guys that help with your depth.They may not be able to start in the NFL but they are good enough to play in college on a pretty decent level...

having these guys leave every year is what causes the biggest problems not the 1st round guys even though you’d like them to stay but monetarily they have good reason to leave.

Cam Harris will go pro (in my own opinion) and should go. Coming back changes nothing for him and makes it a year more chance of getting hurt playing for free and another year older as a free agent if he happens to hit.

Chaney learns to block he's a better player at pretty much everything than Harris.

Go pro where? He will be an UDFA and Will be lucky to catch on. That’s self sabotage on his part. You know, it’s ok for these kids to play out their eligibility and gain their degrees. Waiting that extra year isn’t going to damage his already slim chances of getting drafted. However, it should allow him to finish up school and get his degree.

Miami players are becoming notorious for this crap.

Advertisement
Back