Cam’Ron

Advertisement
People debating who should be the RB1 when both will have plenty of touches in this offense is hilarious.
Harris looked good last year, although he had a bunch of no gains to go with the long TDs, and by all reports turned a corner
DJ was on his first year at RB and showed promise, but fumbles will get you benched, and also appear to have improved

People still carrying Burns water, must be exhausting

I'm not debating who should be RB1 we all know they are gonna get there touches I'm commenting on those who are saying Cam is a decisively better back than Deejay when stats or the eye test don't back that up.. I know Deejay had a up and down end to the season but that kid is a bonafide playmaker and his body of work proves it

Last edited:
Combined stats from the 2nd Spring scrimmage & Spring game:

Deejay - 26 for 159 yds - 5.9 ypc - 4 TD
Cam - 23 for 118 yds - 5.1 ypc - 0 TD

I'd expect a pretty even split in carries between the 2 to start the year - but Deejay has earned the starting role.

Cam is more exciting - he's more likely to hit bigger plays, but also more likely to lose yds trying to hit those big plays. Deejay gets positive yards more consistently and is a better inside runner. Deejay's also now listed at 215 instead of 220, so he may have trimmed a little fat that people are so worried about.

They're two good RB's with different styles. Both will get their carries. No need to hold either back.

Both great but Dallas is the most talented back we got... if he wasn’t i don’t think he’d be still the starter. Idk why you guys act like you know more than the coaches lol

Advertisement
It is ridiculous how many of our fans feel this need to tribe up on one player vs another to the point they literally start looking for ways to criticize the other player in an attempt to make their favorite look better. WTF is the point of that? They are all Canes. Our staff are the ones with access to the info needed to determine who should be playing and who shouldn't. Period. What is to be gained out of trying to tear down one of our own? You see this at RB, QB, safety, corner, you name it. It's ******* stupid.
Can you really call them fans when they're always running down the players?

Can you really call them fans when they're always running down the players?
So then we should call all of them all americans then? Sad reality for the fanboys on this site, there is a lot of players on this team that aren’t as good as you think they are. We just went 7-6 it’s ok to criticize players. Just like a year ago look at all my post, I said we are in deep **** if Rosier is our QB, look what happened. The backlash from the fanboys I got was more humor than anything. Half the board sound like cheerleaders.

Lingard might be better if he ever gets healthy. At best we get one good season out of Lingard. Oh well, not his fault, just unfortunate

Now what I want to know is why Dallas running with the 1’s today....dude is a good football player but nowhere near the other two

Best players need to play period

Harris is much better than Dallas and will be the starter. Dallas will still get plenty of reps.

Advertisement
No I didnt say burns was better than Dallas just that he’s more talented as a rb imo.
People forget but even with Chaney on the roster next year he still is one of our most elite athletic players(he put up absurd#s) and was once a 5 star #7 player in the country.

The kid was elite before his injury. He clocked something like a 4.53 in the 40. But beyond what he can do on the field Burns is an outstanding person and someone we all should be rooting for.

I am excited about the potential RB stable this team will be able to roll out once Lo gets healthy.

So then we should call all of them all americans then? Sad reality for the fanboys on this site, there is a lot of players on this team that aren’t as good as you think they are. We just went 7-6 it’s ok to criticize players. Just like a year ago look at all my post, I said we are in deep **** if Rosier is our QB, look what happened. The backlash from the fanboys I got was more humor than anything. Half the board sound like cheerleaders.
There's a difference between thinking a player might not be the best option and saying he sucks.

If he's playing, that's the coach's fault for not using or having a better option, not the player's, who suits up and does the best he can.

Take away one run on a busted coverage against Duke in a monsoon and that’s what he averaged. That play requires zero skill and he still got caught from behind by a safety who was flat footed and slipped plus DeeJay had 10 yards on him.

Fast forward to his first run in pads today, fumble.

You really don't like Deejay, huh?

If you're comparing Cam to Duke, who would you compare Deejay to?

I get the concern about the fumbles, I just see it differently. Homer had 2 fumbles in our last 2 games. If Homer was still here I wouldn't be worried about his fumbles.

Advertisement
There is a difference between being critical of a bad play made vs searching for reasons to tear someone down because you've got a hard on for another guy who plays the same position. If you can't grasp that distinction then I don't know what to tell you, bud.

My opinion on Burns. Why have a Ferrari in the garage if you aren’t going to show it off. Can’t baby this guy. Throw him out there. See what he can do. If he gets hurt, you tried. We have the depth as of now.

Deejay Dallas shouldn’t get no more than 15 touches a game. He’s HIGH risk/ HIGH reward type of guy. Cam Harris can give you big plays without the ball security issues.

Harris should be RB1
Dallas RB 2

21781A0D-6946-4D6D-9411-EA674D0326AF.jpeg

Advertisement
Dallas, Lingard, and Cam'Ron are potentially the best trio we've had in forever.

Duke was great, but who backed him up?

Last edited:
Those fumbles played a role in Miami losing that game. 2 late fumbles in the game is hurtful regardless of what you did in the game

One of those carries was the 80+ yard TDs. Rather skews his per carry average.

Hopefully, DJ resolves his fumble issue.

Advertisement
Back