Cam’Ron

Game 5 Deejay was 11 for 114 yds vs. UNC
You meant games 6-13, when he averaged 4.6 ypc, not 3.2 ypc like @Canesfan0024 said
You say he averaged under 4 ypc 5 times in the last 8 games when it was 4
You say Deejay's fumbles cost us 3 games when it was (debateably) 1 game

Now you're saying Robert Burns is better than Deejay

If you want to hate on Deejay, fine, but at least get your facts straight
Take away one run on a busted coverage against Duke in a monsoon and that’s what he averaged. That play requires zero skill and he still got caught from behind by a safety who was flat footed and slipped plus DeeJay had 10 yards on him.

Fast forward to his first run in pads today, fumble.

Advertisement
I agree with most of what you said, but where did you see Cam as an indecisive runner? Cam is one cut & go, he doesn't dance too much looking for big plays.

Plus It seems as if you are team DeeJay which is cool, but if he keeps fumbling he has to sit. There's no other way around it.

I like Deejay better than Cam - but it's close, and it's really a matter of preference IMO. I disagree that Cam is "obviously better".

Cam is not indecisive - he's just not physical. IMO - Cam has 2 runs right now - one cut and hit the hole up the middle, or cut to the sideline and turn it up the sideline.

But when Cam can't do either, he's not very physical or overly creative as a runner. He doesn't fight for extra yards, or wiggle through traffic. Bouncing everything outside vs. fighting through the wash leads to negative plays more frequently. Deejay has a clear advantage with physicality to me.

But when the hole is there, or Cam does get the sideline - lookout. Cam's speed is a clear advantage, and Cam will break big runs more frequently.

Deejay will break some big plays sometimes, and Cam will get physical sometimes - but that's not the strength of either.

IMO - Deejay = consistent chunks of yds. Cam = Boom or bust. So it's just what style of RB you prefer.

And I think Deejay's fumbles are being blown out of proportion. Deejay lost 3 fumbles last year. Homer lost 3 fumbles last year. Walton lost 3 fumbles one year. But yes, fumbling can't become a habit.

Last edited:
I like Deejay better than Cam - but it's close, and it's really a matter of preference IMO. I disagree that Cam is "obviously better".

Cam is not indecisive - he's just not physical. IMO - Cam has 2 runs right now - one cut and hit the hole up the middle, or cut to the sideline and turn it up the sideline.

But when Cam can't do either, he's not very physical or overly creative as a runner. He doesn't fight for extra yards, or wiggle through traffic. Bouncing everything outside vs. fight through the wash leads to negative plays more frequently. Deejay has a clear advantage with physicality to me.

But when the hole is there, or Cam does get the sideline - lookout. Cam's speed is a clear advantage, and Cam will break big runs more frequently than Deejay.

Deejay will break some big plays sometimes, and Cam will get physical sometimes - but that's not the strength of either.

IMO - Deejay = consistent chunks of yds. Cam = Boom or bust. So it's just what style of RB you prefer.

And I think Deejay's fumbles are being blown out of proportion. Deejay lost 3 fumbles last year. Homer lost 3 fumbles last year. Walton lost 3 fumbles one year. But yes, fumbling can't become a habit.
Well consider his first touch today was a fumble so not promising

Lingard might be better if he ever gets healthy. At best we get one good season out of Lingard. Oh well, not his fault, just unfortunate

Now what I want to know is why Dallas running with the 1’s today....dude is a good football player but nowhere near the other two

Best players need to play period
One good season? Who the **** said that? Where do you guys get this crap from?

Advertisement
One good season? Who the **** said that? Where do you guys get this crap from?

Didn't play last year.

Will play limited snaps this year, unless that knee brace is just all for show.

Next year he's a junior. If he balls out, then he'll be like every other UM running back who balls out junior year - gone.

So that's one good season. That's how that works.

People debating who should be the RB1 when both will have plenty of touches in this offense is hilarious.
Harris looked good last year, although he had a bunch of no gains to go with the long TDs, and by all reports turned a corner
DJ was on his first year at RB and showed promise, but fumbles will get you benched, and also appear to have improved

People still carrying Burns water, must be exhausting
Exactly. Both DJ and Cam'Ron will get lots of carries. As the season progresses, if one stands out more than the other, he'll get a greater share of the carries. It's a good problem to have.

Advertisement
Dallas was nice his freshman year in limited time

Dude put too much weight on and hasn't been the quick shifty player he was..

Crazy. People have been comparing burns as a 4th back to trayone gray but totally different situations. Burns is a huge sleeper if he stays healthy
If yall been screaming that if **** for two years.. We've all seen this movie.. he should go ahead and free up that scholly.

I'm just kidding

Advertisement
Lingard is different

Dude is a threat to score every single time he touches the ball

That speed is different....!!
Those home runs are nice but it’s the hidden yards in between those that matters most. Moving the chains creating drives. Homer kinda was that guy last year and it was either feast or famine. I don’t know what happened maybe it was the injured foot but he regressed last year. I think Cam will be the best back but definitely interested to see what all can do when healthy.

Advertisement
No I didnt say burns was better than Dallas just that he’s more talented as a rb imo.
People forget but even with Chaney on the roster next year he still is one of our most elite athletic players(he put up absurd#s) and was once a 5 star #7 player in the country.

That was a loooong time ago.

Burns finished the #450 player and Deejay the #255 player in the same 2017 recruiting class.

In the last 4 years, Burns only has 71 att - 329 yds - 4.6 ypc - 2 TD's

I feel really bad for Burns with all his injuries - but I don't think you can say he's is more talented than Deejay when he hasn't played in 4 years.

I think if Burns stays here, his career will look similar to Trayone Gray (who got a little screwed with playing time IMO). It's hard to see Burns ever getting higher than #3 on the depth chart.

Didn't play last year.

Will play limited snaps this year, unless that knee brace is just all for show.

Next year he's a junior. If he balls out, then he'll be like every other UM running back who balls out junior year - gone.

So that's one good season. That's how that works.
Pure bullsh!t, but whatever.

Out of the fully healthy backs(lingard not included as he isn’t full go) the two most talented backs are Harris and burns. Dallas is obviously a talented football player but those other guys on our roster have more upside for sure. It burns gets away from the injury bug he has a chance to be big time
I actually agree with you. Burns and Harris are the two most talented backs. If burns can stay healthy has a shot at big things

But when Cam can't do either, he's not very physical or overly creative as a runner. He doesn't fight for extra yards, or wiggle through traffic. Bouncing everything outside vs. fighting through the wash leads to negative plays more frequently. Deejay has a clear advantage with physicality to me.

But when the hole is there, or Cam does get the sideline - lookout. Cam's speed is a clear advantage, and Cam will break big runs more frequently.

If I had to make a faux educated guess with my almost had a degree self, I’d say the reason ppl are having a hard time believing DJ is really as good as his stats say he is, I’d reckon it’s because he takes the shape, of the fruit, our old beloved stadium was named after, an orange. DJ is a fat ***. Don’t know how he looks now BUT he’s the Pillsbury doe boy that can play some ball. Doesn’t “look” the part but can sure as **** play the part. We’re lucky. Keep him far away from the boo-faye, and we should be fiiiine.

Advertisement
Back