Cam’Ron

Spring stats that’s hilarious. What about 3.2 ypc the whole second half of last year and fumbling games away? What about those stats. Dude fumbled again on the first play of 11vs 11.

If Cam is obviously better, then why did Deejay put up better stats in Spring? Or in the last 2 games of last year?

Why does no one seem to care when Cam lost a fumble in the Pitt game?

Why are you saying Deejay averaged 3.2 ypc the 2nd half of the year when he actually averaged 4.6 ypc?

Cam averaged 5.9 ypc last year & Deejay 5.7 ypc. Both will have their up & downs, good games & bad games.

You don't need to bring Deejay down to prop Cam up. They're both good.

Advertisement
If Cam is obviously better, then why did Deejay put up better stats in Spring? Or in the last 2 games of last year?

Why does no one seem to care when Cam lost a fumble in the Pitt game?

Why are you saying Deejay averaged 3.2 ypc the 2nd half of the year when he actually averaged 4.6 ypc?

Cam averaged 5.9 ypc last year & Deejay 5.7 ypc. Both will have their up & downs, good games & bad games.

You don't need to bring Deejay down to prop Cam up. They're both good.
Who did they run against in the spring(#2 or #3 defense?

It was more than the 2nd half. It was games 5-13 starting at FSU which is 2/3rds of the season

Game 5 Deejay was 11 for 114 yds vs. UNC
You meant games 6-13, when he averaged 4.6 ypc, not 3.2 ypc like @Canesfan0024 said
You say he averaged under 4 ypc 5 times in the last 8 games when it was 4
You say Deejay's fumbles cost us 3 games when it was (debateably) 1 game

Now you're saying Robert Burns is better than Deejay

If you want to hate on Deejay, fine, but at least get your facts straight

Advertisement
Who did they run against in the spring(#2 or #3 defense?

I have no idea how often each their carries came against the 1st/2nd/3rd string defense - and neither does anybody else on this board.

I'm assuming since they had an even split in carries in Spring, it was a pretty even split on what defense they were facing.

It is ridiculous how many of our fans feel this need to tribe up on one player vs another to the point they literally start looking for ways to criticize the other player in an attempt to make their favorite look better. WTF is the point of that? They are all Canes. Our staff are the ones with access to the info needed to determine who should be playing and who shouldn't. Period. What is to be gained out of trying to tear down one of our own? You see this at RB, QB, safety, corner, you name it. It's ******* stupid.
Man you are speaking truth to power. The porsters can’t handle the truth.

Advertisement
Out of the fully healthy backs(lingard not included as he isn’t full go) the two most talented backs are Harris and burns. Dallas is obviously a talented football player but those other guys on our roster have more upside for sure. It burns gets away from the injury bug he has a chance to be big time

Agree on Burns and am rooting for him.

Of the few times I actually saw him run, he reminded me of Herschel Walker. Not saying he is in the same league as Walker (and not saying many other things...lol) but I think he can be a big time baller when healthy.

Game 5 Deejay was 11 for 114 yds vs. UNC
You meant games 6-13, when he averaged 4.6 ypc, not 3.2 ypc like @Canesfan0024 said
You say he averaged under 4 ypc 5 times in the last 8 games when it was 4
You say Deejay's fumbles cost us 3 games when it was (debateably) 1 game

Now you're saying Robert Burns is better than Deejay

If you want to hate on Deejay, fine, but at least get your facts straight
No I didnt say burns was better than Dallas just that he’s more talented as a rb imo.
People forget but even with Chaney on the roster next year he still is one of our most elite athletic players(he put up absurd#s) and was once a 5 star #7 player in the country.

Those fumbles played a role in Miami losing that game. 2 late fumbles in the game is hurtful regardless of what you did in the game

that's fine and all but looking at the body of work put together by each back, nothing states cam is a better back than Deejay at the moment.. harping on the last 6 games or whatever scope of work you want to put it in isn't a fair assessment especially when those just so happen to be the worst games one back has played in.. also in that same stretch of games Cam didn't play that much better

It is ridiculous how many of our fans feel this need to tribe up on one player vs another to the point they literally start looking for ways to criticize the other player in an attempt to make their favorite look better. WTF is the point of that? They are all Canes. Our staff are the ones with access to the info needed to determine who should be playing and who shouldn't. Period. What is to be gained out of trying to tear down one of our own? You see this at RB, QB, safety, corner, you name it. It's ******* stupid.

It's completely ridiculous and completely expected. People like to pick individual winners more than they like to have a winning team.

Advertisement
No I didnt say burns was better than Dallas just that he’s more talented as a rb imo.
People forget but even with Chaney on the roster next year he still is one of our most elite athletic players(he put up absurd#s) and was once a 5 star #7 player in the country.

He was good when healthy, and correct me if I am wrong but his senior year I want to say he played in only one game and housed a KO or something like that. IF DJ turns pro, having Cam, Lo, Chaney and Burns is a RB room I would be fine with 10 times out of 10.

Advertisement
That's a sick highlight tape. If Burns can get back to that or, dare I say, better...watch out.

Combined stats from the 2nd Spring scrimmage & Spring game:

Deejay - 26 for 159 yds - 5.9 ypc - 4 TD
Cam - 23 for 118 yds - 5.1 ypc - 0 TD

I'd expect a pretty even split in carries between the 2 to start the year - but Deejay has earned the starting role.

Cam is more exciting - he's more likely to hit bigger plays, but also more likely to lose yds trying to hit those big plays. Deejay gets positive yards more consistently and is a better inside runner. Deejay's also now listed at 215 instead of 220, so he may have trimmed a little fat that people are so worried about.

They're two good RB's with different styles. Both will get their carries. No need to hold either back.
I agree with most of what you said, but where did you see Cam as an indecisive runner? Cam is one cut & go, he doesn't dance too much looking for big plays.

Plus It seems as if you are team DeeJay which is cool, but if he keeps fumbling he has to sit. There's no other way around it.

People debating who should be the RB1 when both will have plenty of touches in this offense is hilarious.
Harris looked good last year, although he had a bunch of no gains to go with the long TDs, and by all reports turned a corner
DJ was on his first year at RB and showed promise, but fumbles will get you benched, and also appear to have improved

People still carrying Burns water, must be exhausting

1564427140959.png

Advertisement
Back