Callin out names (Long but needs to be said)

The problem with TP801's post is that he doesn't take into account the fact that lots of south florida kids are bought and paid for. Not all. And some kids are able to resist the allure of $EC, O$U, and F$U money, or take only the smaller initial payout and forego the rest. But enough kids get bought for it to make a difference (Pat Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, etc).

A kid like Teddy Bridgepee'er wasn't bought. He obviously didn't want to play for a white coach, and so when Randy got booted, Teddy took it bad and never gave Golden a chance.

But anyone who thinks Miami has a fair chance to compete dollarswise for kids like Cook, Michel, etc is living in a sea of idiotic denial. We can get lucky, and get kids like Duke who bleeds OG, or kids like Howard and Bush who resisted the bigger payouts to come here. But not all of them will behave the same.

Then we have feminine shouldered kids like Alex Collins. Dude ran wild over the scrub D's and got benched as the season wore on and he started playing real defenses. And he is soft mentally cause he let his fat coach make his decision for him, enough so that he lied to his own MOTHER. smdh.

Blame Golden for not developing the kids he does have and being too much of a softie himself and not firing his BFF. But blaming Golden for missing out on certain south florida kids is pretty retarded. Sounds to me like TP801 has an agenda.
He does.

I spent literally two minutes skimming his posts. Dude does nothing but defend traitorous little fu*** like Teddy ****water and blame Golden for anything and everything.

I don't think he is a Canes fan. I think he is probably a butthurt Shannon fan. His agenda seems to be: defend a certain "type" of kid and attack a certain "type" of coach.
Not Golden's fault Teddy didn't want to come here but he does recruit the kids we have now and the coaches that coach/develop them, so if our defense is performing horribly its partly his fault.

Advertisement
The problem with TP801's post is that he doesn't take into account the fact that lots of south florida kids are bought and paid for. Not all. And some kids are able to resist the allure of $EC, O$U, and F$U money, or take only the smaller initial payout and forego the rest. But enough kids get bought for it to make a difference (Pat Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, etc).

A kid like Teddy Bridgepee'er wasn't bought. He obviously didn't want to play for a white coach, and so when Randy got booted, Teddy took it bad and never gave Golden a chance.

But anyone who thinks Miami has a fair chance to compete dollarswise for kids like Cook, Michel, etc is living in a sea of idiotic denial. We can get lucky, and get kids like Duke who bleeds OG, or kids like Howard and Bush who resisted the bigger payouts to come here. But not all of them will behave the same.

Then we have feminine shouldered kids like Alex Collins. Dude ran wild over the scrub D's and got benched as the season wore on and he started playing real defenses. And he is soft mentally cause he let his fat coach make his decision for him, enough so that he lied to his own MOTHER. smdh.

Blame Golden for not developing the kids he does have and being too much of a softie himself and not firing his BFF. But blaming Golden for missing out on certain south florida kids is pretty retarded. Sounds to me like TP801 has an agenda.
Always love these delusional posts...

If we lose out on a South Florida kid it's only because they were racist or on the take lmao

Why would Georgia pay for Michel? They are already loaded at RB and have a another top rated RB committed. If they were throwing cash around, you'd think they'd keep more local kids home that could fix their defensive issues.

I'm pretty sure some recruits are brought, maybe less than 20%, but do you think that is honestly why we're missing on them? You sure its not the SEC's dominance for almost a decade, or good coaches at FSU/OSU along with multiple draft picks? Have you ever thought that maybe their recruiting staff is a bit better than ours? Could care less about who we missed in the past, let's get these guys now.

I didn't say all. I said some. I don't think Teddy ****water got paid, i think he just wanted to play for a black coach.

A kid like Sony grows up a Cane fan his whole life, our coaches are on him relentlessly, our depth chart is wide open for the taking, but then all of a sudden, out of the blue, he commits to Georgia of all places? Cmon, man. Makes no sense at all...unless you consider "other reasons".

It's possible to outrecruit other schools for kids even when $$$ are involved. I think we did that with Howard and Bush.

But only a person with an agenda, probably race-based when it comes to TP801, would crucify Golden for not bringing in all the top south florida talent. One more $$$ recruiting violation and Miami would get PSU level sanctions.

Blame Golden for his ****hole of a defense and his love affair with NoD. But blaming him for not reeling in all the kids that are bought and paid for? That reeks of agenda to me.

Advertisement
What classes can we actually hold Golden accountable for? From what I gather some of you want to ignore the past three classes and just start evaluating him now (2014 class). Kinda ridiculous.

So why is OP still here? No relevant info in that post

188 likes (and counting) suggest that you are in the minority with that view.

So likes makes some relevant? Lol yea ok. And notice not 1 of the 188 and counting could respond my my response with some relevant info besides "you just don't get it" and "keep hating gifs"

Likes don't necessarily make it relevant, but they do suggest a very broad interest in the topic. Your initial response was asking for cliff notes. Then you spouted off about wanting your 15 seconds back. If you want legit responses to your thoughts, you might want to work on your delivery (see valid's post on page 2 for an example of how it's done).

I made a valid response. with my reasons for disagreeing. nobody had a valid response. I asked YOU specifically to point out your reasons for why u feel like the OP was valid and u spit some I'm not giving my answers away (im paraphrasing) like their will be some test at the end of the semester or something. so as far as I'm concerned, if you agree with the OP but can't explain why, then your "like" is irrelevant. and (as of yet) none of the 188 has had a valid rebuttal. but yet MY post are the irrelevant ones?

Like I said, if you want a legit discussion, don't deliver your opinion the way you did. I certainly CAN explain why I agree with the OP. I choose not to in this case because I'm being asked to do so by someone who comes off as a prick and will just twist it all around into "making excuses"...you know, right out of the troll handbook that they give out to you guys.

I'm pretty sure some recruits are brought, maybe less than 20%, but do you think that is honestly why we're missing on them? You sure its not the SEC's dominance for almost a decade, or good coaches at FSU/OSU along with multiple draft picks? Have you ever thought that maybe their recruiting staff is a bit better than ours? Could care less about who we missed in the past, let's get these guys now.

I didn't say all. I said some. I don't think Teddy ****water got paid, i think he just wanted to play for a black coach.

A kid like Sony grows up a Cane fan his whole life, our coaches are on him relentlessly, our depth chart is wide open for the taking, but then all of a sudden, out of the blue, he commits to Georgia of all places? Cmon, man. Makes no sense at all...unless you consider "other reasons".

It's possible to outrecruit other schools for kids even when $$$ are involved. I think we did that with Howard and Bush.

But only a person with an agenda, probably race-based when it comes to TP801, would crucify Golden for not bringing in all the top south florida talent. One more $$$ recruiting violation and Miami would get PSU level sanctions.

Blame Golden for his ****hole of a defense and his love affair with NoD. But blaming him for not reeling in all the kids that are bought and paid for? That reeks of agenda to me.
There you go again.

Perhaps Sony visited UGA and enjoyed the environment better; I have to admit that people in Georgia are much more pleasant and don't even get me started on the women. I think Cook is better so they can have Michel but lets not act like Canes fans are Cane locks.

I don't have an agenda but I do blame Golden for not bringing in talented DE/DT for the past 2-3 years considering its been a hole forever. To not even recruit one solid D-Linemen in 3 years is a failure imo.

Does any one really believe their *****ing and moaning will make a difference? If any of this "hate bull****" on Al and recruits could change anything that would be different but what do you hope to gain from your tantrums? Golden is the coach and coach D is his guy and not one person or one thousand on this board are relevant enough to change anything. Now thats funny.

Advertisement
188 likes (and counting) suggest that you are in the minority with that view.

So likes makes some relevant? Lol yea ok. And notice not 1 of the 188 and counting could respond my my response with some relevant info besides "you just don't get it" and "keep hating gifs"

Likes don't necessarily make it relevant, but they do suggest a very broad interest in the topic. Your initial response was asking for cliff notes. Then you spouted off about wanting your 15 seconds back. If you want legit responses to your thoughts, you might want to work on your delivery (see valid's post on page 2 for an example of how it's done).

I made a valid response. with my reasons for disagreeing. nobody had a valid response. I asked YOU specifically to point out your reasons for why u feel like the OP was valid and u spit some I'm not giving my answers away (im paraphrasing) like their will be some test at the end of the semester or something. so as far as I'm concerned, if you agree with the OP but can't explain why, then your "like" is irrelevant. and (as of yet) none of the 188 has had a valid rebuttal. but yet MY post are the irrelevant ones?

Like I said, if you want a legit discussion, don't deliver your opinion the way you did. I certainly CAN explain why I agree with the OP. I choose not to in this case because I'm being asked to do so by someone who comes off as a prick and will just twist it all around into "making excuses"...you know, right out of the troll handbook that they give out to you guys.

so u didn't answer b/c i hurt your feelings? cool, makes sense. I'm sorry if me feeling like reading the OP (that u didn't even write by the way) was a waste of my time offended you in any way

Does any one really believe their *****ing and moaning will make a difference? If any of this "hate bull****" on Al and recruits could change anything that would be different but what do you hope to gain from your tantrums? Golden is the coach and coach D is his guy and not one person or one thousand on this board are relevant enough to change anything. Now thats funny.

so whats the point of having a message board at all? if people don't like the performance of the team, golden, assistant coaches etc why can't they voice their opinion. Just like the people all over the board who voices their approval. if u don't want opinion and discussion let the staff writers post their threads and lock them so people can only read it. plenty of people have different opinions that mine on here but that doesn't mean they should all go away.

+ Rep for the OP.

So many pathetic posts, mostly from a few very pathetic posters, and its ruining the site.

Again, Do you have the power to change anything? Then what's your point? Grown men crying over kids and their decisions. Why don't you apply for the coaching job and then you can make a difference? I forgot your not qualified for the position.

Advertisement
After reading all 12-13 pages of "the Work" thread I really felt compelled to say something to some of yall. Especially to certain cats in particular. First off, I would say about 95% of you actually know nothing about how much we FAILED FAILED FAILED FAILED FAILED miserably in regards to South Florida recruiting in the Dennis and Butch eras. You want to talk to me about losing top talent in So Fla YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT??..Go ask Dennis and Butch about that. You think Al is bad?..Let me take you on a little walk down memory lane..

Go ask Butch about Rickey Sealey (LB out of Miami High) and how he played us in 95' cuz his mama wanted his sorry a$$ brother Norris to play with him so they went to Aub. Go ask about Marquand Manual (UF) and Clevan Thomas (FSU). Go ask about Martavious Houston (AUB). Go ask about Derrick Gibson (FSU), James Colzie (FSU), Sean Key (FSU), Rock Preston (FSU), Lawrence Wright (UF), Corey Simon (FSU), Zack and Henri Crockett (FSU), Samari Rolle (FSU), Troy Saunders (FSU) , Khalid Abdullah (FSU), Snoop Minnis (FSU), Bradley Jennings (FSU) AND ON AND ON AND ON..Remember losing WR Billy Brown out of St Thomas back in 1995 to FSU?! I could literally write an entire thread about the top talent that we lost IN SOUTH FLORIDA ALONE to FSU/UF/AUB year in and out back in the mid 90s and early 00s. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

And if you know anything about recruiting you would know that everyone I just named were NATIONALLY recruited guys. Everyone wanted them. No diamond in the roughs here. And rival schools walked right in Dade and Broward County and TOOK... THEM.... ALL.

And what did Butch do? Did he cry and whine about the **** after COUNTLESS FAILURES that at the time seemed like it would ruin our program and we would NEVER get back to prominence? NO. He used his knowledge, and everything that Jimmy taught him about eyeing talent and went out there and formed the greatest collection of talent in NCAA history. ONE THING we all can agree on is that AL is in the top 5 as far as best recruiters in the country and has an eye for talent. (It remains to be seen if he can develop that talent like Jimmy and Butch could)

I dont understand some of you guys..FRANCHISE, I thought you was an OG. I know this aint your first time at the rodeo. What are you doing? We been thru HELLA battles like this. This aint new stuff. Back in 95', when Sedrick Irvin straight PLAYED us and went to MSU..Did Butch fold? Naw playa..He just went out and got Dyral McMillan and supplemented him with some little known kid named Edgerrin James. KEPT IT MOVING..

ERNIE MCCRACKEN, you named ONE YEAR that we pulled that off. (getting most of the talent in Dade) Here I will help you..we did it only THREE MORE TIMES in the last 20 years! (05, 08, 98-99) Its like you forgot back in 98' when Bryce Bishop and Anquan Boldin straight left us at the alter..What did Butch do? Oh he just replaced them with two kids named Vernon Carey and Andre Johnson AND KEPT IT MOVING.

TP801, come on dude. How you gonna sit back and totally trash the class AND the work that Al has put in KNOWING that this class could be the one to bring our defense back to prominence. You really want me to bring my point home? Go look at FSUs 1998 recruiting class! (dont get me started on their class in 1993) You talk about coming into SoFla and turning **** upside down?! But guess what? The next two UM classes (Jerome McDougle, Andrew Williams, DJ Williams, Jon Vilma, etc) built the foundation for a great DEFENSE that FSU couldnt do nothing with EVEN WITH all those 4 and 5 stars from Dade.

Whats my point? If Dalvin Cook doesnt want to join us..Fine, PETE, you let him know I got two lil' homeboys named Juwon Young and Darrion Owens who are gonna come see him for the next 3 years and wont be backing down either! Johnnie Dixon and Ermon Lane think they would be better served elsewhere? PETE, you tell them I said that Artie Burns, Corn Elder, and Jamal Carter are gonna be diggin in that a$$ EVERY TIME they come across that middle!

Stop all the whining. I get it..We want EVERYONE! (que GIF) But we got what the F we came here for. Great pass rushers, a great QB, a great RB and a cornerstone at DT.

And thats that!

(Drop mic)

So, you´re saying we need to hire Butch again?

Jassid82...this is the post of all crootin posts. Can you imagine the melt had the Bryant McFadden and Cory Bailey year happened now??? I believe they were the top 2 CB's in the country right in our backyard and they went to fsu & uf in a year where we needed corners. Think we ended up picking up some no playmaking fool named PBuch??? Correct me if I'm wrong there. I think McFadden and a DE Willie came on the final visit weekend just to croot for FSU. That's when people were lined up to chisel our gravestones.

It's coming, just watch the Ibis.

Anyone who knows anything about recruiting knows its not who you miss out on, its who you get. Everyone loses some top kids they want badly. Saban lost Jameis from his backyard, and on and on.

Some of you guys are green.

Advertisement

You do realize that cheerleading isn´t going to change anything either? Not going to make one player better, not going to improve any on field performances. What do you hope to gain from your cheerleading?

Great post!

To all the people posting how recruiting has changed. Where were Kaaya, Jackson, Young, Owens, Langham, Smith and Jenkins ranked before Al found them and offered. If kids dont camp often, mature later, or blow up senior year, there will not be a lot of exposure on them even now. There obviously isnt as many as say 1998 but they are still out there.

256.gif

This poster just gets it

Well said. :fistbump:

Great post!

To all the people posting how recruiting has changed. Where were Kaaya, Jackson, Young, Owens, Langham, Smith and Jenkins ranked before Al found them and offered. If kids dont camp often, mature later, or blow up senior year, there will not be a lot of exposure on them even now. There obviously isnt as many as say 1998 but they are still out there.

Ereck Flowers was a relative unknown when Al offered him.

Advertisement
Back