Callin out names (Long but needs to be said)

The problem with TP801's post is that he doesn't take into account the fact that lots of south florida kids are bought and paid for. Not all. And some kids are able to resist the allure of $EC, O$U, and F$U money, or take only the smaller initial payout and forego the rest. But enough kids get bought for it to make a difference (Pat Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, etc).

A kid like Teddy Bridgepee'er wasn't bought. He obviously didn't want to play for a white coach, and so when Randy got booted, Teddy took it bad and never gave Golden a chance.

But anyone who thinks Miami has a fair chance to compete dollarswise for kids like Cook, Michel, etc is living in a sea of idiotic denial. We can get lucky, and get kids like Duke who bleeds OG, or kids like Howard and Bush who resisted the bigger payouts to come here. But not all of them will behave the same.

Then we have feminine shouldered kids like Alex Collins. Dude ran wild over the scrub D's and got benched as the season wore on and he started playing real defenses. And he is soft mentally cause he let his fat coach make his decision for him, enough so that he lied to his own MOTHER. smdh.

Blame Golden for not developing the kids he does have and being too much of a softie himself and not firing his BFF. But blaming Golden for missing out on certain south florida kids is pretty retarded. Sounds to me like TP801 has an agenda.

I'm pretty sure some recruits are brought, maybe less than 20%, but do you think that is honestly why we're missing on them? You sure its not the SEC's dominance for almost a decade, or good coaches at FSU/OSU along with multiple draft picks? Have you ever thought that maybe their recruiting staff is a bit better than ours? Could care less about who we missed in the past, let's get these guys now.

I didn't say all. I said some. I don't think Teddy ****water got paid, i think he just wanted to play for a black coach.

A kid like Sony grows up a Cane fan his whole life, our coaches are on him relentlessly, our depth chart is wide open for the taking, but then all of a sudden, out of the blue, he commits to Georgia of all places? Cmon, man. Makes no sense at all...unless you consider "other reasons".

It's possible to outrecruit other schools for kids even when $$$ are involved. I think we did that with Howard and Bush.

But only a person with an agenda, probably race-based when it comes to TP801, would crucify Golden for not bringing in all the top south florida talent. One more $$$ recruiting violation and Miami would get PSU level sanctions.

Blame Golden for his ****hole of a defense and his love affair with NoD. But blaming him for not reeling in all the kids that are bought and paid for? That reeks of agenda to me.
There you go again.

Perhaps Sony visited UGA and enjoyed the environment better; I have to admit that people in Georgia are much more pleasant and don't even get me started on the women. I think Cook is better so they can have Michel but lets not act like Canes fans are Cane locks.

I don't have an agenda but I do blame Golden for not bringing in talented DE/DT for the past 2-3 years considering its been a hole forever. To not even recruit one solid D-Linemen in 3 years is a failure imo.

Please tell me how he hasn't RECRUITED talented DLineman. To not land them, yes that is valid he has not landed them, but the words you chose were "to not even recruit" as if he hasn't been recruiting the **** out of talented DLineman the past 3 years.

Advertisement
This is one of those "I'm a better fan than you" threads.

Seriously, the major difference between the list in the OP and the reality of today's situation, is OPs list is filled with busts with the occasional standout, meanwhile, the laundry list of missed South Florida kids in today's era is a who's who of college football elites.

The straight up misses to better schools, I can tolerate much more than ignoring players that are begging to come here, only to see them ball out in the SEC and elsewhere around the country. To me, that stuff is unacceptable.

I feel sorry for you losers who ***** and moan and can't change anything. What a waste of time. If you can do better apply for the job, if your not cane coaching material stfu. You fools are like the patient trying to tell the Dr. how to do his job,not qualified and yet you think you know more. NO cheerleading here the correct words would be shame and disgust for grown men throwing tantrums like little children who don't get their way.

Some random thoughts from SFbay:

* The biggest difference between Jimmy, Dennis and Butch's era and now is the internet. A kid from Pahokee that played for a 3A school was likely to go unnoticed until his senior year. Now they can youtube or hudl their highlight reel, E mail them to every D1 coach, etc... Couple that with the advent of the 7 on 7 passing leagues, camp circuit, Nike & Under Armour programs, etc. and what you have now is a completely different animal than recruiting was 15 years ago.

Braxton Berrios is a perfect example IMO. Before the internet that kid ends up leading Division III in receiving at Wisconsin Whitewater. Now he's got the elite BCS programs courting him.

I agree with TP800 that landing high star rated talent is more critical now than before the internet. Where I feel TP800 is off (aside from the excessive negativity) is that he doesnt seem to want to understand that you simply cannot land every local kid. There's always going to be other factor's in play. (family issues, kids wanting to go away for college, kids taking illegal benefits, etc...) I'm gonna go thru TP800's list to make this example. See next post.

who started the Teddy wanted to play for a "black" coach thing?

This has been his "coach" the last 3 years

7.jpeg

and before him was Mike Groh, and Mike Sanford...two mor ewhite guys. Yea Charlie Strong is the head coach...but the guy he saw more and did meetings with and film work has been the three named...Charlie Strong si a defensive guy and mainly stays out of the way.

Granted UL had a number of african american coaches which is a point they sold...but i dont think Bridgewater was on that "i want a black coach" vibe...

Advertisement
Teddy Bridgewater(West)- He was committed to UM. We lost him due to the coaching change. Al made a play but it didnt work out. It is what it is. Collateral damage from the Randy purge.

Marcus Roberson(Sta)-

Kelvin Benjamin(Glades) This kid was all FSU. Never took any other visits. His recruitment smelled like illegal benefits. (FWIW)

Sammy Watkins(South ft. Meyers)-This kid was all Clemson. Never took any other visits. committed super early. Again, this looks like illegal benefits.

Rashad Greene(STA)

Dvonta Freeman(Central)-Randy wouldnt recruit him. Al offered but it was too late.

Gio Bernard(STA)- This was a miss, but most programs missed on him. Even programs that offered him didnt go hard after him.

Lamar Miller(Killian) Why are you listing a kid who signed with UM as a recruiting miss??

Olivier Vernon(American)- Cane

Mike James-4 Star. Cane

Travis Benjamin(Glades) Cane

Tommy Streeter(West)- Cane

Ed Stinson(Homestead) -

Cory Lemonier(Hialeah)- Kid made it clear that he was leaving town for college...then did.

Louis Nix(Raines)- Dude, he's from Jacksonville. How ******* far does the "state of Miami" extend in your world?? lol

Brandon Washington(West) Cane

Brandon Linder(STA) - Cane

Nick Oleary(Dwyer)- The Canes went hard at him.

It sure looks we did okay off of this list. Take away a couple kids who *appear* to have taken benefits and a top shelf QB we lost due to the coaching change and UM looks like they're getting their share of local talent.

The problem with TP801's post is that he doesn't take into account the fact that lots of south florida kids are bought and paid for. Not all. And some kids are able to resist the allure of $EC, O$U, and F$U money, or take only the smaller initial payout and forego the rest. But enough kids get bought for it to make a difference (Pat Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, etc).

A kid like Teddy Bridgepee'er wasn't bought. He obviously didn't want to play for a white coach, and so when Randy got booted, Teddy took it bad and never gave Golden a chance.

But anyone who thinks Miami has a fair chance to compete dollarswise for kids like Cook, Michel, etc is living in a sea of idiotic denial. We can get lucky, and get kids like Duke who bleeds OG, or kids like Howard and Bush who resisted the bigger payouts to come here. But not all of them will behave the same.

Then we have feminine shouldered kids like Alex Collins. Dude ran wild over the scrub D's and got benched as the season wore on and he started playing real defenses. And he is soft mentally cause he let his fat coach make his decision for him, enough so that he lied to his own MOTHER. smdh.

Blame Golden for not developing the kids he does have and being too much of a softie himself and not firing his BFF. But blaming Golden for missing out on certain south florida kids is pretty retarded. Sounds to me like TP801 has an agenda.
Always love these delusional posts...

If we lose out on a South Florida kid it's only because they were racist or on the take lmao

Why would Georgia pay for Michel? They are already loaded at RB and have a another top rated RB committed. If they were throwing cash around, you'd think they'd keep more local kids home that could fix their defensive issues.

I still want to hear why Georgia paid for Michel. Golden has never lost a guy, its grades, racist, coach pushing elsewhere, was never coming or he got paid.

I still want to hear why Georgia paid for Michel. Golden has never lost a guy, its grades, racist, coach pushing elsewhere, was never coming or he got paid.

Because EVERY school would pay for his services. Scout had about 1/3rd of their evaluators who had Sony listed as the #1 player in the state of Florida AS A JUNIOR. I have no idea if UGA paid him but based on his recruitment, it sure APPEARS that he took benefits.

As for your "Golden never lost a guy," what would suffice in your brain?? Golden recruited kids who we didnt land. Some we may have lost due to benefits, some we lost due to grades (do you dispute that??), some we lost because they just wanted to go somewhere else. I really dont understand what your beef is in this regard.

Look at this staff. They recruit tirelessly. If you cannot see the differences in recruiting practices between the current staff and the previous two staffs then I dont think you're knowledge level is where it needs to be to have this discussion. /respectfully.

Advertisement

Always love these delusional posts...

If we lose out on a South Florida kid it's only because they were racist or on the take lmao

Why would Georgia pay for Michel? They are already loaded at RB and have a another top rated RB committed. If they were throwing cash around, you'd think they'd keep more local kids home that could fix their defensive issues.

Where was UGA and their money last year when their state was loaded, I mean once every 20 years loaded n lost a majority of the in state kids? But yeah they saved up so they could offer a kid at a position they are stacked at.....
It ridiculous. We all know kids get payed but it's hysterical how it's the excuse every time.

Where was UGA and their money last year when their state was loaded, I mean once every 20 years loaded n lost a majority of the in state kids? But yeah they saved up so they could offer a kid at a position they are stacked at.....
It ridiculous. We all know kids get payed but it's hysterical how it's the excuse every time.

No one is saying EVERY TIME. Exaggeration does not lend itself to good discussion. To my knowledge, the kids in this discussion who have been mentioned as taking benefits were Cook, Sony and Sammy Watkins. Interestingly, each kid claims to have been a Canes fan. Each of those kids committed very early in the process and didnt take any other visits. (save for Cook's visit to UM). Interestingly, Cook looks to be headed to FSU and he hasnt even visited them. That's the kind of stuff that leads people who know what's up to suspect illegal benefits.

Teddy Bridgewater(West)- He was committed to UM. We lost him due to the coaching change. Al made a play but it didnt work out. It is what it is. Collateral damage from the Randy purge.

Marcus Roberson(Sta)-

Kelvin Benjamin(Glades) This kid was all FSU. Never took any other visits. His recruitment smelled like illegal benefits. (FWIW)

Sammy Watkins(South ft. Meyers)-This kid was all Clemson. Never took any other visits. committed super early. Again, this looks like illegal benefits.

Rashad Greene(STA)

Dvonta Freeman(Central)-Randy wouldnt recruit him. Al offered but it was too late.

Gio Bernard(STA)- This was a miss, but most programs missed on him. Even programs that offered him didnt go hard after him.

Lamar Miller(Killian) Why are you listing a kid who signed with UM as a recruiting miss??

Olivier Vernon(American)- Cane

Mike James-4 Star. Cane

Travis Benjamin(Glades) Cane

Tommy Streeter(West)- Cane

Ed Stinson(Homestead) -

Cory Lemonier(Hialeah)- Kid made it clear that he was leaving town for college...then did.

Louis Nix(Raines)- Dude, he's from Jacksonville. How ******* far does the "state of Miami" extend in your world?? lol

Brandon Washington(West) Cane

Brandon Linder(STA) - Cane

Nick Oleary(Dwyer)- The Canes went hard at him.

It sure looks we did okay off of this list. Take away a couple kids who *appear* to have taken benefits and a top shelf QB we lost due to the coaching change and UM looks like they're getting their share of local talent.

Rashard Greene was originally from Georgia and an FSU fan, we had zero chance.

Gio Bernard wanted to get away from South Florida.

I'm pretty sure some recruits are brought, maybe less than 20%, but do you think that is honestly why we're missing on them? You sure its not the SEC's dominance for almost a decade, or good coaches at FSU/OSU along with multiple draft picks? Have you ever thought that maybe their recruiting staff is a bit better than ours? Could care less about who we missed in the past, let's get these guys now.

FSU's ace recruiter is now Miami's. And that sill doesn't matter. FSU was a middling program and yet were out recruiting Bama and USC for big time national prospects. That does not happen without money being spent, lots of it.

Advertisement
Again, the issue is not that studs are leaving SoFla. That has always happened and will always happen. What the OP totally neglects to adress is the ratio of studs leaving to that of kids staying. And thus far during Golden´s tenure, that ratio has been quite disappointing. We´ll see how he finishes this time, and personally even after a bad finish this year I would still want to see how he does with an unshackled 2015 recruiting effort.

But the percantage of studs leaving for other schools has been too high thus far. Maybe it´s just The Cloud. We´ll know by NSD 2015.

a lot of you sound like mopes if im a 4* kid in 2012-13 this is what i hear
-come play for a 6-6 or 7-5 team
-you can stay home but in a year wont be able to play because of the death penalty
-you can come play in a empty sun life stadium
-fans are horrible, no moral support will only cheer if your good
or
-come to fsu or fl
-get about as much playing time with half the losing
-not have to deal with other players mess
-get out of town experience new things within 5-7 hours
-get a college stadium experience at "home"

idk some of yall act like everyone is as big a fan of miami to not buy the stuff they are selling everyone cant get paid thats how you end up like miami..... cane glasses off what can we tell dalvin or sony "stay home or end up like teddy, Bernard, freeman,Roberson" i know there are some players that would have been busts if they stayed home or not but these dude are thinking what can they do for the next 3 years before the nfl draft.

Again, the issue is not that studs are leaving SoFla. That has always happened and will always happen. What the OP totally neglects to adress is the ratio of studs leaving to that of kids staying. And thus far during Golden´s tenure, that ratio has been quite disappointing. We´ll see how he finishes this time, and personally even after a bad finish this year I would still want to see how he does with an unshackled 2015 recruiting effort.

But the percantage of studs leaving for other schools has been too high thus far. Maybe it´s just The Cloud. We´ll know by NSD 2015.

i hope I'm misinterpreting the bolded above but WTH are you talking about? We currently have a stellar top 10 class that's pretty close to full and we're trying to put a couple of cherries on top to close out. Bad finish? Some of you guys would find something to complain about if we missed on one player who was the hot topic of the day. Sheesh!

Advertisement

No one is saying EVERY TIME. Exaggeration does not lend itself to good discussion. To my knowledge, the kids in this discussion who have been mentioned as taking benefits were Cook, Sony and Sammy Watkins. Interestingly, each kid claims to have been a Canes fan. Each of those kids committed very early in the process and didnt take any other visits. (save for Cook's visit to UM). Interestingly, Cook looks to be headed to FSU and he hasnt even visited them. That's the kind of stuff that leads people who know what's up to suspect illegal benefits.

I think we all know players get paid. But to use that hackneyed excuse for the high ranking recruits every time is annoying. Honestly, some of the people know better to say a kid is getting paid every time. But others dont. You always see $EC pop up. Unless it's blatant, I can never just assume that a kid is getting paid of inferences.

Cook took an OV to FSU. He also took one to Texas. And Arkansas as well. Everyone knew Sony was going to commit early in the process. He visited UGA multiple times sophomore-junior year and he just fell in love with it.

There was talk with Burns that he was getting paid before he flipped to us.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think we all know players get paid. But to use that hackneyed excuse for the high ranking recruits every time is annoying. Honestly, some of the people know better to say a kid is getting paid every time. But others dont. You always see $EC pop up. Unless it's blatant, I can never just assume that a kid is getting paid of assumptions.

Cook took an OV to FSU. He also took one to Texas. And Arkansas as well. Everyone knew Sony was going to commit early in the process. He visited UGA multiple times sophomore-junior year and he just fell in love with it.

Correct. Look at James Coley. When he was at FSU and was making a killing in South Florida a bunch of 'insiders' claimed they had first hand knowledge of FSU paying players. But now Coley is at Miami and what...he suddenly just stopped paying players? Maybe he wasn't paying them all along and is just a **** good recruiter? At FSU Coley is dirty, at Miami he's clean. Always the typical accusations.

Do kids get paid? Absolutely, that's without question. But it isn't nearly as common as a lot of people on this board would have you believe. **** Reggie Bush was thought to be the best runningback prospect in almost a decade and commanded only like 10k coming out, yet you guys think every 4-star player in south florida is being paid ridiculous amounts of money LOL. According to insiders Cook has taken money upfront from 3 different schools now LOL. When does the bull**** end? People were saying the same about Burns when he was committed to Bama, said the same about Carter when people thought he was going to LSU, said the same about Howard when people thought he was going to UF, and on and on. Funny how those claims when away when they signed with Miami. It's the defacto reason for any recruit that chooses not to come to Miami. It's similar to the 'he didn't have the grades' or 'we didn't want him' you see on every teams board. 95% of it is bull****.

I think we all know players get paid. But to use that hackneyed excuse for the high ranking recruits every time is annoying. Honestly, some of the people know better to say a kid is getting paid every time. But others dont. You always see $EC pop up. Unless it's blatant, I can never just assume that a kid is getting paid of assumptions.

Correct. Look at James Coley. When he was at FSU and was making a killing in South Florida a bunch of 'insiders' claimed they had first hand knowledge of FSU paying players. But now Coley is at Miami and what...he suddenly just stopped paying players? Maybe he wasn't paying them all along and is just a **** good recruiter? At FSU Coley is dirty, at Miami he's clean. Always the typical accusations.

Do kids get paid? Absolutely, that's without question. But it isn't nearly as common as a lot of people on this board would have you believe. **** Reggie Bush was thought to be the best runningback prospect in almost a decade and commanded only like 10k coming out, yet you guys think every 4-star player in south florida is being paid ridiculous amounts of money LOL. According to insiders Cook has taken money upfront from 3 different schools now LOL. When does the bull**** end? People were saying the same about Burns when he was committed to Bama, said the same about Carter when people thought he was going to LSU, said the same about Howard when people thought he was going to UF, and on and on. Funny how those claims when away when they signed with Miami. It's the defacto reason for any recruit that chooses not to come to Miami. It's similar to the 'he didn't have the grades' or 'we didn't want him' you see on every teams board. 95% of it is bull****.

Good points.

I would add that people need to stop thinking about direct cash payments to athletes. That is so 1980's SMU. Amateur hour if you're caught doing that. Sure there is often some walking around money but there are so many more creative ways to put the hooks in that are totally legitimate on the surface. Look at the people around the athlete.

Good points.

I would add that people need to stop thinking about direct cash payments to athletes. That is so 1980's SMU. Amateur hour if you're caught doing that. Sure there is often some walking around money but there are so many more creative ways to put the hooks in that are totally legitimate on the surface. Look at the people around the athlete.

I hear you dude, it's ALL boards. Now some ******* idiots on the UF board are claiming Cook is being paid, when just a few weeks ago he was a savior and rock solid, now all of a sudden he's being paid? ***** ridiculous. Some of these grown men have to find any reason why a kid doesn't want to go to their favorite school and have no issues making up rumors like teenage girls to explain away a recruits choice.

It absolutely does happen. But if a guy like Bush can only command 10k coming out, I highly doubt some of these players are gettting straight paid like some have accused. **** even Pat Peterson only got like 20k 'supposedly' and he was a once in a generation type prospect. Every 4-star running around south florida ain't getting paid, that's just not how it works.

Advertisement
Back