CALIFORNIA STATE COLLEGES CLOSED FALL

I'm not very optimistic after reading this article. It's about California schools, but it also states that that all the college presidents NCAA president Mark Emmert spoke to agree there will be no college sports if their campuses aren't open to all students.

Advertisement
So take this with a grain of salt but one of my buddies whom I play baseball with has a friend who's also a baseball player at Sac St. They got an email from their headmaster saying that more than likely, all classes will be online in the fall; however, what was also said was that MOST students would be off campus. To back this up, their baseball coach sent out an email basically implying that they were expected back on campus for fall workouts. Which leads me to believe that athletes will be allowed on campus (and still learning remotely).

Don't shoot the messenger, just sharing what info I know in what is rather a chaotic and volatile situation.

Wow. That’s crazy Rell. Get’s real when it hits close to home. Hope she will be ok and you as well. Stay safe out there.

Bro; I try to stay far away from her as possible, anyway. So I’m looking at the silver lining in this. Lol. J/K

Thanks man. The virus is still real, but I don’t know how we’re going to overcome this by sitting back, either. I was avid about the shelter in place, and 50% of me still is, especially since Wuhan has reported cases re-appearing since they’ve re-opened. Man I don’t care about a vaccination; can we just get a feasible treatment plan like the common cold or flu? None of those have gone anywhere either, but we have something that can treat it.

I just don’t know what hold up is w/ the technology that’s available in 2020! How could treatment plans be so readily available in the early 1920’s for the flu, but we got a virus that’s apparently smarter than all of the world’s modern medicine combine, now? That’s weird to me.

Maybe they know something we don't. People said the same thing about San Francisco when they were the first city to shutdown. Looking pretty smart now. Time will tell.
It's bothersome when viruses die with UV light and they're keeping folks indoors in SoCal and SoFL. Free the people. Let nature heal. Not saying you're wrong about what San Francisco did early.

The challenge will how long the second (or third) waves take to pass. Let's presume that cases have resumed growing in December and January.

In 2018, the first game for the Miami Hurricanes baseball season was in February.

On May 12th, 2020 the state of California essentially cancelled college football for state institutions over three months away from the start of the season. That seems to indicate that cases will need to have stabilized or be in a state of decline for over three months before colleges feel free to resume athletics. Based on that metric, no, I do not think that we will have college basketball or college baseball.
****, now we're up to a 3rd wave? **** let's see if the 2nd even gets here...

Advertisement
So take this with a grain of salt but one of my buddies whom I play baseball with has a friend who's also a baseball player at Sac St. They got an email from their headmaster saying that more than likely, all classes will be online in the fall; however, what was also said was that MOST students would be off campus. To back this up, their baseball coach sent out an email basically implying that they were expected back on campus for fall workouts. Which leads me to believe that athletes will be allowed on campus (and still learning remotely).

Don't shoot the messenger, just sharing what info I know in what is rather a chaotic and volatile situation.

I will confirm you’re stating. Just talked to a client who’s son plays for Northern Arizona University. He’s a starting OG for them. He echo’d the same exact thing, and the coaches from the Athletic Dept sent an email stating there’s a strong possibility that the campus will be closed to the student body, but to be prepared for a “possible“ Summer Return.

i don't know if this was mentioned but i think the cal state system might be different from the UC system. there are no big Cal state football schools. a couple of smaller ones like SD state.

Too lazy to read entire thread, but I will just say no way SEC skips a year of football. They won't give a rip of we have 2and and third wave combined with ebola.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Anyone really think USC won't play football? Just another bonehead move by a California dufus which will probably blow up in his face. Maybe he should take an economics class. Gov DeSantis came out today and invited teams who can't practice at home to come to Florida...LOL love it.

If you are a university with a football team and you willfully punt the 2020 season, you're basically foreclosing operations moving forward.

Yeah I can't see how anyone outside of Texas or Bama can survive an entire year without tv revenue.
Im pretty sure we couldn't survive it.

I'm thinking baseball in '21 after the "second wave" passes and most of us are still alive.

"most of us are still alive."?????????

That doesn't sound like 100% safe.
Realistically we can't do anything ever again until the mortality rate is zero....not just from covid but zero PERIOD.

Advertisement
D

Projections? Do you realize every government projection has been wrong? The problem with corona is it’s highly contagious but your chances of dying without an underlying health issue are extremely low. Also this has basically been a ny crisis because of the completely idiotic policies of cuomo. Do 30 million people need to be out of work indefinitely because of a disease with a less than 1.5% morality rate

22% of people who have been infected have died. Not 1.5% if you going be "closed cases." People who either fully recovered or died. To say this is a NY crisis is dumb. 80% of cases are from somewhere not named NY. 67% of deaths have been from somewhere not named NY. But, keep repeating that false narrative.

22% of people who have been infected have died. Not 1.5% if you going be "closed cases." People who either fully recovered or died. To say this is a NY crisis is dumb. 80% of cases are from somewhere not named NY. 67% of deaths have been from somewhere not named NY. But, keep repeating that false narrative.
Wrong. Read the cdc data or other data. Also they are classifying people as covid deaths who had underlying heath issues in NyC as of last week less than 200 people have died without an underlying health issue and in the us NY state has accounted for nearly 50% of reported deaths. Oh and btw he’s also making then count people who didn’t die from covid or tested negative as covid deaths to get federal funding. Go watch msnbc and cried when trump gets re-elected

Wrong. Read the cdc data or other data. Also they are classifying people as covid deaths who had underlying heath issues in NyC as of last week less than 200 people have died without an underlying health issue and in the us NY state has accounted for nearly 50% of reported deaths. Oh and btw he’s also making then count people who didn’t die from covid or tested negative as covid deaths to get federal funding. Go watch msnbc and cried when trump gets re-elected

This isn't a political issue, but you're 100% wrong. Most states are UNDERCOUNTING the deaths. Either way, I'm done with you and your delusions.

Advertisement

Could you please expand on this. Trying to understand.

"22% of people who have been infected have died. Not 1.5% if you going be "closed cases."

Could you please expand on this. Trying to understand.

"22% of people who have been infected have died. Not 1.5% if you going be "closed cases."

They are classifying cases as infected, dead or recovered. 1.5% of all people who have been infected, have died. But, that's different than cases that have had a conclusion. Death or recovery. The 1.5% is misleading because some of those will die. 22% of those who have had a case closed, are dead. 78% survived.

Dude. Seriously?

Read the rest. I worded that wrong. 22% of cases that have been resolved have died. A resolved case is either dead or fully recovered. There are still hundreds of thousands out there who might recover or die, which is why saying 1.5% death rate is misleading.

Advertisement
Back