2023 Cali ATH Collins Acheampong

Advertisement
Yeah that sounds great but what about technique wise or even understanding the defense/playbook...this kid has only played one year of high school football
Look, he is playing THIS season as his final HS season, will be an early enrollee, and will have Spring Practice with the UM staff. At the end of the day it's football and he is a rush end. Could be a solid, athletic 275 pounder by that time, his athleticism, size and strength will carry him as his technique improves.

A9E07814-3437-4572-8A32-DE50CDB50393.jpeg

GIVE ME THIS GOON! Physical Freaks like this is what will push Miami over. This kid I heard him in a Canes Space yesterday. Super focused no nonsense kid. Extremely intelligent and focused on hard work. Measurables are off the roof, 6'7 with SPEED and 83 inch wingspan.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Will be interesting to see if we take all 3 (if all want in obviously). I am all for loading up on DL and edge guys and I’m a firm believer in recruiting from a position of strength. Meaning you take all your guys that you have identified early if they want in and then go after the elite types with everything you got knowing that you still have your guys already on board if you come up short on said elite types and you aren’t left with your **** in your hand on NSD.

Regardless, I trust we know what we are doing, but with M’Pemba, Harbor, and Wayne still out there, you gotta think we would take 4 (I hope we do) because no way we would turn any of those guys down. Load it tf up and let the cream rise to the crop.

I want everyone! Not giving anyone away
Yeah we cant give Howard away all willy-nilly because we dont know what Wayne, Harbor and Reed are going to do. Reed apparently is trending to OSU. Wayne will be a battle with Bama until the end... Harbor looks like he has no interest in discussing football while track season is going on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This kid has played 1 year of football in his entire life? That's crazy.
Not sure at what age he came to the US from Ghana. Definitely a gifted athlete with natural size and athleticism. Family oriented, with a strong focus on education. Pretty sure that was his priority early on, getting acclimated academically and caught up in all aspects of his high school education, sports participation was on the back burner until he felt confident that he had acclimated academically. Smart young man!! Would be a tremendous addition not only for his skills, size etc., but for his maturity and locker room presence.

I didn’t know much about this kid but now I really want him to be a Cane. I can’t imagine what Feld and the nutrition staff can do with a 6’7 250 HS Senior
again, my exact thoughts. 6'7" and 250 pounds in HIGH SCHOOL. College weight program and a training table and you're talking about a 6'7" 275-285 pound MONSTER

Mario played Chess bringing in Jason Taylor on the staff. Whixh NFL aspiring DE can ask for a better tutor? Lol. Like this man did what i wanna do. Gold Jacket and all. And mend some Broward fences all at once.

My family is from Ghana and I can tell you stories like this are not uncommon. ALOT of Ghanaian parents send their kids abroad, to family members, for better educational opportunities. Especially if the child is talented (either educationally or athletically).

One thing I'll say about kids from situations like this, they are usually FOCUSED and HARD WORKING! Usually family/friends/neighbors have contributed money to help get the kid aboard, so they can achieve their goals. They have a motivation North American kids wouldnt understand. They all dream of returning home as a hugely successful person.
******* love that. Come here focused, head on straight, work your a$s off and get rewarded for it. Rooting for this kid!

Advertisement
Back