2023 Cali ATH Collins Acheampong

Collins was on Canes Spaces earlier. Well-spoken kid with a good head on his shoulders. Comes from a good family and education is priority #1, his siblings all have their Masters. Coach Rod is his primary, but he says its a team effort from the entire staff. They want him to play DE but he can also play TE.

Sad story -- father passed on his first birthday and hasn't seen his mother in three years as she's still in Ghana. Goes on visits by himself and sometimes feels sad because kids are with their families and he isn't; said some of the other recruits' parents were nice and treated him like family on Saturday.
Of course; he is from a former British colony like us.

Advertisement
Gaby when he has to log CBs

Sweating Heat Wave GIF
Gaby: “I’m extremely close to thinking about possibly maybe considering loggin in a crystal ball..”

Miami fans: “WHAT?!? SPEAK UP WE CAN’T HEAR YOU..”

Gaby:
tenor.gif

Will be interesting to see if we take all 3 (if all want in obviously). I am all for loading up on DL and edge guys and I’m a firm believer in recruiting from a position of strength. Meaning you take all your guys that you have identified early if they want in and then go after the elite types with everything you got knowing that you still have your guys already on board if you come up short on said elite types and you aren’t left with your **** in your hand on NSD.

Regardless, I trust we know what we are doing, but with M’Pemba, Harbor, and Wayne still out there, you gotta think we would take 4 (I hope we do) because no way we would turn any of those guys down. Load it tf up and let the cream rise to the crop.
Collins and Bai need time to physically grow, both probably redshirt. Those 3 you named are early impact type of guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
“ It sounds to me like he might be telling a few people the right things. I heard from someone out West that he spent hours on the phone with each of Miami, Michigan, and even LSU yesterday and has yet to make a decision. People in Coral Gables remain very confident but I’m going to hold off on any formal prediction. Intel on one side seems very pro-Miami but I don’t know that he’s actually made up his mind. Just wanted to come here with what I’m hearing this morning. In this NIL era, it’s not really over until it’s over so I may just hold off until a decision is made, which could come at some point today or Thursday. “

Advertisement
Back