2023 Cali ATH Collins Acheampong

Grown.***.Man

We need him. I wouldn’t expect much from him year 1 because he is so raw and this is only his 2nd year playing but after a RS year under Wright/Taylor and Feld. Tuh.

Yeah he’s raw (pause), but he has a grip of tools to work w/, naturally (pause). It’s crazy b/c his school is really not known for athletics, but they produce hella Ivy League & top university kids. He’s naturally gifted, fairly new to the game compared to others coming out, but he’s a 4 star for a reason. If he was a vet at the game, he would be a 5 star or close to it.

Bring him here. Good luck trying to block that wing span or throwing the ball over his side.

Advertisement
May have to start a Wolverine tears if we get Acheampong and Howard on Friday. Michigan board is already preparing for a Acheampong L with the recent Biggins story.

A lot of “NIL is ruining College Football and I don’t know how much longer I can be a fan of this” energy over there. Bless them.
sad get over it GIF

Advertisement
Collins was on Canes Spaces earlier. Well-spoken kid with a good head on his shoulders. Comes from a good family and education is priority #1, his siblings all have their Masters. Coach Rod is his primary, but he says its a team effort from the entire staff. They want him to play DE but he can also play TE.

Sad story -- father passed on his first birthday and hasn't seen his mother in three years as she's still in Ghana. Goes on visits by himself and sometimes feels sad because kids are with their families and he isn't; said some of the other recruits' parents were nice and treated him like family on Saturday.

That's heartbreaking. Things like this remind me of what's important. I hope he comes to Miami, I think our family atmosphere and small class size could be something that really helps him in college and throughout his life, and of course his football skills will be developed here better than anywhere else he is considering IMO.

But if he decides to go to Michigan, which is ACTUALLY a top 5 public institution in real life, I will root for him anyway.

He said he speaks to everyone on the staff.
Bro, He speaks to Mario, Jason, and Sala’vea. That’s what he said. If you’re not taking away that Sala’vea is his position coach if he comes here then I don’t know what you read.

Collins was on Canes Spaces earlier. Well-spoken kid with a good head on his shoulders. Comes from a good family and education is priority #1, his siblings all have their Masters. Coach Rod is his primary, but he says its a team effort from the entire staff. They want him to play DE but he can also play TE.

Sad story -- father passed on his first birthday and hasn't seen his mother in three years as she's still in Ghana. Goes on visits by himself and sometimes feels sad because kids are with their families and he isn't; said some of the other recruits' parents were nice and treated him like family on Saturday.
He took a pic with Samson and his Family, maybe a real connection there.

Bro, He speaks to Mario, Jason, and Sala’vea. That’s what he said. If you’re not taking away that Sala’vea is his position coach if he comes here then I don’t know what you read.
I listened to his interview weeks ago and he said he spoke to the entire staff. I didn't take it as Joe was the main guy or that he was zeroing on playing DT. But hey you could be right and im wrong.

Advertisement
I listened to his interview weeks ago and he said he spoke to the entire staff. I didn't take it as Joe was the main guy or that he was zeroing on playing DT. But hey you could be right and im wrong.
That’s from today qouted from him

That's heartbreaking. Things like this remind me of what's important. I hope he comes to Miami, I think our family atmosphere and small class size could be something that really helps him in college and throughout his life, and of course his football skills will be developed here better than anywhere else he is considering IMO.

But if he decides to go to Michigan, which is ACTUALLY a top 5 public institution in real life, I will root for him anyway.
Get him here with a nice NIL and let the Ruiz lawyers work on a Greencard for mama.

My family is from Ghana and I can tell you stories like this are not uncommon. ALOT of Ghanaian parents send their kids abroad, to family members, for better educational opportunities. Especially if the child is talented (either educationally or athletically).

One thing I'll say about kids from situations like this, they are usually FOCUSED and HARD WORKING! Usually family/friends/neighbors have contributed money to help get the kid aboard, so they can achieve their goals. They have a motivation North American kids wouldnt understand. They all dream of returning home as a hugely successful person.

Last edited:
Advertisement
May have to start a Wolverine tears if we get Acheampong and Howard on Friday. Michigan board is already preparing for a Acheampong L with the recent Biggins story.

A lot of “NIL is ruining College Football and I don’t know how much longer I can be a fan of this” energy over there. Bless them.
It’s crazy cause if Michigan wanted to they could dominate NIL. They have a huge alumni base and a few billionaires at there disposal.

If he commits staff gotta find a way to fly his mom on a surprise visit

Family seems to be of the utmost importance to him. Selfishly, I think we offer the best case for him. Would be really nice (avoiding all illegality, of course, and assuming he chooses Miami) if we could find a way to get a GoFundme or something of that nature for Momma Collins to come for a game, or a weekend. Kids deserve to play in front of their parents, especially this young man!

Sounds like an easy NIL for any type of airline/travel agency who wants an easy PR win

Last edited:
Advertisement

Losing to Ohio State last 13/15 years no biggie but NIL is somehow breaking them lol what a weird bunch up in Ann Arbor

Advertisement
Back