Calais Campbell to the Ravens

Trust me, know body hates Jamis Winston more than me. Me and a buddy of mine went to the giants vs bucks game, and we were heckling him all game long. He 100% heard us to. It was a great time. I personally find him to be a very entertaining because one possession he will look like a Moran, and then the next one he will look like a god.

Advertisement
when have they not?. In 10 years they have been over 500....ONCE. And that year they have played in 1 of the worst divisions ive ever seen in the nfl....and almost mde the bowl. it was flluke. Alot of talk about how sh*tty my dolphins are...but in the past 10 years we have a better organizationt than the jaguars lol
I didn't elaborate because I don't care about the Jaguars. I thought their team looked solid 2 years ago (maybe 3? See I don't care enough to check). But yeah I know they've sucked bad for a long time. I'll root for the Dolphins just for you, **** the Jags.

Advertisement
Trust me, know body hates Jamis Winston more than me. Me and a buddy of mine went to the giants vs bucks game, and we were heckling him all game long. He 100% heard us to. It was a great time. I personally find him to be a very entertaining because one possession he will look like a Moran, and then the next one he will look like a god.
For someone who's soooo wealthy....evidently school wasn't your thing..
It's spelled "Moron" and "Nobody"

Advertisement
You're right I'm definitely not as football smart as you because I don't think Jameis is a good QB.

You got it bro. I have no more energy arguing over Jameis the interception machine, you like him, good for you.

Straw man argument. You're a fallacy machine.

You have no energy to argue because you have no arguments. I listed several sound arguments to defend Winston and you addressed none of them. All you said was effectively "INTzzzz" and "QB winzzzzz". That's the de facto 'argument' you hear from Winston detractors. It's not convincing.

You're way out of your element here. We have 3 Bucs fans in this thread who all agree that Winston is not the problem. You don't watch this team yet you think you know better with your superficial simplistic perspective. You don't.

Straw man argument. You're a fallacy machine.

You have no energy to argue because you have no arguments. I listed several sound arguments to defend Winston and you addressed none of them. All you said was effectively "INTzzzz" and "QB winzzzzz". That's the de facto 'argument' you hear from Winston detractors. It's not convincing.

You're way out of your element here. We have 3 Bucs fans in this thread who all agree that Winston is not the problem. You don't watch this team yet you think you know better with your superficial simplistic perspective. You don't.
Winston is a great QB & you're 100% right.

I apologize.

Your

Fantastic pickup by my Ravens, DeCosta learned well from Ozzie Newsome.

We had 9 picks coming into this draft & had just picked up two compensatory picks in the 3rd & 4th round giving us 2 3rd rounders & 3 4th round picks.

We essentially got Campbell for free & he address a big need for us at DE/Edge pass rush.

You're the first person that came to mind when I heard about this El. Your Ravens defense just got a lot nastier.

Jameis Winston is a volatile QB who floats between slightly above league average in a good year, and below league average in anything else.

Last year, he had an ANY/A+ of 99 (100 being average)...90 Rate+.

He makes big time throws, but follows them up with many bad ones. His INT%+ last year was 60 (average is 100), which was historically bad.

The problem with Winston is this...this is just who he is. Last year was not really anomalous. You have to put up with the ridiculous turnover rate, at times is historically bad, to get the good. You're never really getting a better QB. He's consistently volatile, which makes him kind of a unicorn historically.

I can see someone preferring a less volatile QB than him and probably wouldn't argue against it too much. I'm not sure I'd say thats Teddy Bridgewater, that might be dropping a little too deep in the dented cans, but yeah. He's a game manager whose production last year was pretty much all scheme. I can see the Buccaneers WANTING to move on, but I am not sure there is much out there better, and that isn't saying much for Jameis Winston. He's be somewhere in the 20-25 range of starting NFL QBs, to me and you're not getting much more upside due to his insane turnover rate.

Oddly enough, Jameis' best season was also the Buccaneers worst a few years back.

Having Jameis for one more year and drafting a QB would probably be the best move for all parties.

Advertisement
I'm sure Calais IS NOT SHH at all.🤩

Still has his huge contract, out of Jacksonville land now playing with a perennial winner contender!! 😁😎

I wouldn't care if it were for practice squad players

Calais is a smart guy...the advisement throughout his career has been on point. Built himself up in Arizona. When the big pay day came, he took the most money in a division he knew he'd feast on...and he did. Now he's ring chasing as he closes out his career, still at a high level.

He didn't make a huge stink about being traded and never made noise in Jacksonville despite the team being absolute ****, but everyone knew it was coming.

He's methodically, purposefully, carved out a Hall of Fame resume. Very smart dude.

Advertisement
Jameis Winston is a volatile QB who floats between slightly above league average in a good year, and below league average in anything else.

Last year, he had an ANY/A+ of 99 (100 being average)...90 Rate+.

He makes big time throws, but follows them up with many bad ones. His INT%+ last year was 60 (average is 100), which was historically bad.

The problem with Winston is this...this is just who he is. Last year was not really anomalous. You have to put up with the ridiculous turnover rate, at times is historically bad, to get the good. You're never really getting a better QB. He's consistently volatile, which makes him kind of a unicorn historically.

I can see someone preferring a less volatile QB than him and probably wouldn't argue against it too much. I'm not sure I'd say thats Teddy Bridgewater, that might be dropping a little too deep in the dented cans, but yeah. He's a game manager whose production last year was pretty much all scheme. I can see the Buccaneers WANTING to move on, but I am not sure there is much out there better, and that isn't saying much for Jameis Winston. He's be somewhere in the 20-25 range of starting NFL QBs, to me and you're not getting much more upside due to his insane turnover rate.

Oddly enough, Jameis' best season was also the Buccaneers worst a few years back.

Having Jameis for one more year and drafting a QB would probably be the best move for all parties.

His ANY/A is below average because of the INTs...and the vast majority were the fault of WRs, OL (hit as he threw) and getting outschemed straight up. He made maybe a handful of boneheaded throws (and a few mistakes reading coverage) but for every one of those there are 2-3 wow plays due to his aggression. It's a double edged sword.

You and most others make the mistake of looking at INTs in a vacuum. Each one has to be evaluated on a case by case basis. That's what me, Greg Cosell, Michael Clayton, Trevor Sikkema, etc did.

Get a QB and it changes everything.

This team is going to have 4+ picks in the Top 75 and 4+ more next year in the Top 75.

Either use some to trade up and get Tua...or...lets get a little crazy and take Jalen Hurts with one of those Top 75 picks.

Some rumorz around the league saying Hurts and Love are in play at 19 for the Oakland. If Hurts is there at 20 for Jacksonville...lets get a little crazy. Or, if the Jaguars want to use 9 and 20 on defenders...trade up to 32 and get Hurts.

Jaguars are going to stink next year, but they can replenish a lot with the picks they have. Teams are always just a QB away and this team has a ton of firepower to get one.

The reality is, that defense from a few years ago had a very very short shelf life and they ran into Tom Brady. No shame in it.

The real tragedy for the Jaguars have been passing on countless good QBs, when they needed a QB, for some ill functioning, poor fits. Taking a Punter over Russell Wilson, taking backup DTs instead of Dak Prescott (the reality is, Jacksonville should have been taking potential developmental QBs at minimum for years, but passed passed passed. In the same draft, sitting tight and taking Jalen Ramsey - a great player, don't get me wrong, over trading picks and moving up for Carson Wentz. Taking Leonard Fournette (lol) over Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson. Taking Taven Bryan over Lamar Jackson.

And before you think this is fantasy football...they had pre-draft meetings at numerous events with all of those guys...they simply passed...and that is why the Jacksonville Jaguars are really where they are at.

They should risk it all and get whatever QB they can get in this draft. Going into the year with just Minshew is silly.

This shows both why the Jags selling everything might be both good and bad on paper.

Getting a stash of draft picks as assets and cap space looks great on paper. But they're a badly run franchise that might just draft poorly and overpay for free agents. There's a good chance they're tearing things down just to continue the same cycle.

It reminds me of the Canes firing Coker only to hire Shannon. Or firing Shannon only to hire Golden - and so on.

It'll be interesting to see ow the Dolphins & Jags full teardowns play out.

His ANY/A is below average because of the INTs...and the vast majority were the fault of WRs, OL (hit as he threw) and getting outschemed straight up. He made maybe a handful of boneheaded throws (and a few mistakes reading coverage) but for every one of those there are 2-3 wow plays due to his aggression. It's a double edged sword.

You and most others make the mistake of looking at INTs in a vacuum. Each one has to be evaluated on a case by case basis. That's what me, Greg Cosell, Michael Clayton, Trevor Sikkema, etc did.

He also rates in the bottom 5 in negatively graded throws, per PFF metrics. A "few handful of boneheaded throws" is disingenuous at best...a lie at worst. Its just not true.

You can't have it both ways. You can't dismiss INTs completely, which you essentially are for the splash plays.

Article by the athletic from November that puts into context his INTs. While not all of them are his fault, a significant number of them are.

You've got plays like this

and like this

or like this

or like this

or like this, where he has no idea what he's reading post-snap.

He led the league in every which way you could throw an INT

https://twitter.com/PaulHembo/status/1235929593787363334

Winston is definitely better than a guy like Bridgewater, but he's not that good, man and a lot of is his own fault.

Advertisement
Back