Calais Campbell to the Ravens

I think Oakland gets Winston on a cheap deal behind Carr, he starts most of their games this year and takes them to the playoffs.

Brady re-signs with the Pats.

Bucs pay Bridgewater triple what Winston gets to game manage the team to ~8 wins a year before everyone gets fired and it's back to the drawing board again. #ItsABucsLife
SMH, just need to resign Winston man

Advertisement
SMH, just need to resign Winston man
Bridgewater is far better QB than Winston.

If you're a Buccs fan then you certainly have to be done with the Jameis experiment, he's only gotten worse every year, all he does is turn the ball over & put your team at a huge disadvantage.

If the QB whisperer Bruce Arians himself couldn't fix Jameis, then no one can, he's a bust & you're never going to make the playoffs or have a shot at the NFC South division with him at the helm.

Even if it's not Bridgewater, yall need a new QB & there's really not much to debate on that.

If you're a Buccs fan then you certainly have to be done with the Jameis experiment, he's only gotten worse every year, all he does is turn the ball over & put your team at a huge disadvantage.

If the QB whisperer Bruce Arians himself couldn't fix Jameis, then no one can, he's a bust & you're never going to make the playoffs or have a shot at the NFC South division with him at the helm.

Even if it's not Bridgewater, yall need a new QB & there's really not much to debate on that.
He’s not, and he’s not as talented. Jameis Winston can sure up a few things but he’s a productive qb. He hasn’t had a good defense or secondary since he’s been at the Bucs(even parts of last year. If you a Bucs fan then you know but I know You like the ravens. Jameis played through last year with a broken thumb and tore something in his knee and had surgery on both of those after the season. **** Peyton Manning had more ints than Jameis did after 5 seasons yet he turned it around. Jameis plays with heart which is what I like My qb to have. The Bucs struggle are not all on Winston

Advertisement
He’s not, and he’s not as talented. Jameis Winston can sure up a few things but he’s a productive qb. He hasn’t had a good defense or secondary since he’s been at the Bucs(even parts of last year. If you a Bucs fan then you know but I know You like the ravens. Jameis played through last year with a broken thumb and tore something in his knee and had surgery on both of those after the season
You really like bad QB's huh? First Jarren now Jameis Lol...

Jameis has thrown 88INT's & 31 fumbles in 5 years, no QB has had more turnovers since entering the league than him, NOT ONE.

He threw the most INT's in a season last year with Bruce freaking Arians as his coach, do you know how difficult that is to do? There might not be a better offensive mind/QB guru in the league than Arians, except for Andy Reid.

He got worse under Arians than he was under Dirk Koetter, like that speaks volumes to what he is as a QB, it's not the Defense, it's not the secondary, it's not the system, it's Jameis, he's the reason why yall keep losing every year.

Seriously Brock, you really can't see what's wrong with yall team? You for real think Jameis is a good QB?

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Always hilarious when people who watched 0 (ZERO) Bucs game last season, probably ZERO the last 5 years think they're authorized to have takes on Winston and the Bucs. You're a well-meaning dude so I'll break it down for you instead of just leaving it at that.

1. Winston led PFF in positively graded throws since 2015. He makes multiple big time throws every game especially anticipatory throws in the intermediate areas. Those are value-added plays. Last year under Arians the big breakthrough was his deep ball which was very good and resolved the 1 issue I had with Winston in prior years. That moved me solidly into the pro-Winston camp.

2. The Bucs OL is a decent pass protection unit but still gives up a ton of pressures. Winston is extremely sturdy and durable and excels at avoiding pressure and keeping plays alive. He takes some bad sacks but that's the price you pay for having a QB who extends plays. Brady, Bridgewater, Rivers, etc would get snapped in half and/or get sacked 8+ times a game in the circumstances Winston played through the last 2 years.

3. As alluded to above, the Bucs had a very predictable pass-heavy offense last year. They had one of the highest pass rates out of shotgun and one of the highest run rates under center with a very vanilla unsuccessful run game. So the offense had no fusion between run and pass game and defenses could key on the under center inside run game and then use exotic coverages to exploit the shotgun passing game. Late in the season corners were squatting on out breaks from reduced splits and DCs were running double A gap zone looks with DL and LBs dropping into the hot reads. That falls on the coaching staff for being outschemed.

4. Winston had bad luck. Besides the scheme issues there were tons of tipped INTs from drops, tons of receivers running bad routes or wrong routes, and very few dropped INTs. Winston was getting a lot of positive buzz from the media until the last 2 weeks where 3 of the top 4 receivers on the team were injured and he was playing through a knee and thumb injury along with the standard vision issues. Good luck throwing 40+ times a game to Justin Watson and co...yet Winston helped Breshad Perriman put up Julio Jones numbers. Multiple people did thorough breakdowns of Winston's INTs and found that most of them were attributed to other factors than Winston. On the flipside the Bucs dropped by far the most INTs in the league. There were also 2 games lost directly by the kicking game (what else is new) which is the difference between 9-7 and 7-9.

Winston is being scapegoated by the Bucs because the owners don't like him, he's divisive with the fans, ticket sales are poor and Arians knows that his scheme was a failure last year and dumping Winston deflects from his mistakes. It's easy to say "we can't win with 30 INTs" when you know that you didn't play complementary football and changed need to be made. There's a reason the team has signaled their intention of drafting RB and RT in the 1st 2 rounds - throwing the ball 40-50 times a game is unsustainable and any QB would throw a lot of picks in that scenario. Letting Winston go is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Jameis has thrown 88INT's & 31 fumbles in 5 years, no QB has had more turnovers sense entering the league than him, NOT ONE.

He threw the most INT's ever in a season, with Bruce freaking Arians as his coach, do you know how difficult that is to do? There might not be a better offensive mind/QB guru in the league than Arians, except for Andy Reid.

He got worse under Arians than he was under Dirk Koetter, like that speaks volumes to what he is as a QB, it's not the Defense, it's not the secondary, it's not the system, it's Jameis, he's the reason why yall keep losing every year.

Seriously Brock, you really can't see what's wrong with yall team? You for real think Jameis is a good QB?
This has nothing to do with Jarren, sh*ts old and no need to keep bringing that up. Despite winston’s shortcomings I still Want him back because irregardless of the turnovers he’s still flashed a lot and I KNOW the Bucs problems have extended beyond Winston. Not willing to give up on him yet whatsoever. Winston has led a top 5 offense for what 2-3 years straight? Yes, he has mistakes but he’s trying to win at the end of the day

This has nothing to do with Jarren, sh*ts old and no need to keep bringing that up. Despite winston’s shortcomings I still Want him back because irregardless of the turnovers he’s still flashed a lot and I KNOW the Bucs problems have extended beyond Winston. Not willing to give up on him yet whatsoever. Winston has led a top 5 offense for what 2-3 years straight? Yes, he has mistakes but he’s trying to win at the end of the day

Don't bother defending it brock. Only Bucs fans understand what Winston provides. Except the Turds fans who never even gave him a chance.

The thought of having Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Scotty Miller and OJ Howard with a dink and dunk QB gives me shivers dude. Please no.

Advertisement
Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Always hilarious when people who watched 0 (ZERO) Bucs game last season, probably ZERO the last 5 years think they're authorized to have takes on Winston and the Bucs. You're a well-meaning dude so I'll break it down for you instead of just leaving it at that.

1. Winston led PFF in positively graded throws since 2015. He makes multiple big time throws every game especially anticipatory throws in the intermediate areas. Those are value-added plays. Last year under Arians the big breakthrough was his deep ball which was very good and resolved the 1 issue I had with Winston in prior years. That moved me solidly into the pro-Winston camp.

2. The Bucs OL is a decent pass protection unit but still gives up a ton of pressures. Winston is extremely sturdy and durable and excels at avoiding pressure and keeping plays alive. He takes some bad sacks but that's the price you pay for having a QB who extends plays. Brady, Bridgewater, Rivers, etc would get snapped in half and/or get sacked 8+ times a game in the circumstances Winston played through the last 2 years.

3. As alluded to above, the Bucs had a very predictable pass-heavy offense last year. They had one of the highest pass rates out of shotgun and one of the highest run rates under center with a very vanilla unsuccessful run game. So the offense had no fusion between run and pass game and defenses could key on the under center inside run game and then use exotic coverages to exploit the shotgun passing game. Late in the season corners were squatting on out breaks from reduced splits and DCs were running double A gap zone looks with DL and LBs dropping into the hot reads. That falls on the coaching staff for being outschemed.

4. Winston had bad luck. Besides the scheme issues there were tons of tipped INTs from drops, tons of receivers running bad routes or wrong routes, and very few dropped INTs. Winston was getting a lot of positive buzz from the media until the last 2 weeks where 3 of the top 4 receivers on the team were injured and he was playing through a knee and thumb injury along with the standard vision issues. Good luck throwing 40+ times a game to Justin Watson and co...yet Winston helped Breshad Perriman put up Julio Jones numbers. Multiple people did thorough breakdowns of Winston's INTs and found that most of them were attributed to other factors than Winston. On the flipside the Bucs dropped by far the most INTs in the league. There were also 2 games lost directly by the kicking game (what else is new) which is the difference between 9-7 and 7-9.

Winston is being scapegoated by the Bucs because the owners don't like him, he's divisive with the fans, ticket sales are poor and Arians knows that his scheme was a failure last year and dumping Winston deflects from his mistakes. It's easy to say "we can't win with 30 INTs" when you know that you didn't play complementary football and changed need to be made. There's a reason the team has signaled their intention of drafting RB and RT in the 1st 2 rounds - throwing the ball 40-50 times a game is unsustainable and any QB would throw a lot of picks in that scenario. Letting Winston go is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Last couple of the games of the season we were missing Godwin and Evans too trotting out perriman(who turned out solid) and a bunch of no names yet Winston was still very productive at times in that stretch

My mistake Buccs fans, I didn't realize you guys are so attached to a losing QB lol.

Reminds me of the segment of Ravens fans that refused to move on from Flacco until Lamar showed up.

I guarantee you guys will win more games with a new QB, Jameis's will be a Free Agent, the market will open yall eyes.

Last couple of the games of the season we were missing Godwin and Evans too trotting out perriman(who turned out solid) and a bunch of no names yet Winston was still very productive at times in that stretch

Yeah I mentioned that. Again a lot of the negative sentiment toward Winston stems from his perceived performance down the stretch where the scheme was being exploited by DCs and Winston was banged up trying to battle with inexperienced guys. It was stupid to put him out there with the season over because even if the coaches are aware of this the fans aren't and a lot of them soured on Winston. It's all some stupid ****.

Advertisement

Jameis has thrown 88INT's & 31 fumbles in 5 years, no QB has had more turnovers since entering the league than him, NOT ONE.

He threw the most INT's in a season last year with Bruce freaking Arians as his coach, do you know how difficult that is to do? There might not be a better offensive mind/QB guru in the league than Arians, except for Andy Reid.

lol. “Say it louder for the people in the back”
- Brock

The Jarren sh*ts not old. He hasn’t even transferred out yet.

My mistake Buccs fans, I didn't realize you guys are so attached to a losing QB lol.

Reminds me of the segment of Ravens fans that refused to move on from Flacco until Lamar showed up.

I guarantee you guys will win more games with a new QB, Jameis's will be a Free Agent, the market will open yall eyes.

Yeah you definitely watched zero Bucs games the last year at minimum. Keep your opinions to areas in which you're educated.

Joe Flacco threw for 5.7 YPA his last full year as a starter. He's the epitome of dink and dunk trash and a total opposite of Winston.

Teddy Bridgewater averages 173.9 passing yards a game for his career. There is no evidence he can lead an effective passing game unless Sean Payton is scheming him easy wide open underneath throws. The irony is a lot of the hype for him stems from him shredding an awful Bucs secondary...which is a big factor in the negativity toward Winston!

FYI Winston averages over 100 yards more passing per game. If you think INTs are bad wait til you see a QB who can't even throw effectively enough to get intercepted. Boy you must love 3 & outs...I'm sure that would be fine with a historically bad pass defense...they'll get the ball back right?

Advertisement
Yeah you definitely watched zero Bucs games the last year at minimum. Keep your opinions to areas in which you're educated.

Joe Flacco threw for 5.7 YPA his last full year as a starter. He's the epitome of dink and dunk trash and a total opposite of Winston.

Teddy Bridgewater averages 173.9 passing yards a game for his career. There is no evidence he can lead an effective passing game unless Sean Payton is scheming him easy wide open underneath throws. The irony is a lot of the hype for him stems from him shredding an awful Bucs secondary...which is a big factor in the negativity toward Winston!

FYI Winston averages over 100 yards more passing per game. If you think INTs are bad wait til you see a QB who can't even throw effectively enough to get intercepted. Boy you must love 3 & outs...I'm sure that would be fine with a historically bad pass defense...they'll get the ball back right?
I actually did watch the Buccs quite a bit, but I'm not a Bucs fan so my opinion isn't as attached to meaningless advanced analytics stats rather than looking at the fact the Buccs have been a losing team for last 4 years & Jameis has lead the league in turnovers in that time span... & I'll speak on whatever the **** I so please.

But as I said, I didn't mean to upset you guys that are such big fans of Jameis, I mean if yall enjoy missing the playoffs every year & never winning your division as long as he throws for hundreds of come from behind garbage time yards every game coupled with multiple pick 6's, then by all means have it at lol.

If you guys end up with a more effecient QB & win more games, will you still be upset that it wasn't Famous Jameis leading the charge?

Advertisement
Back