Bye Tate

Advertisement
you-did-nothing-accomplished-nothing.jpg

Philosophical question: If a player who was never going to see the field opts out did he really opt out?
he opted out of going to practices all year when he wasn't going to see the field again. Hopefully for his sanity he just gave up football in general

We'll be seeing him starting for Last Chance U next season (unless some FSU transfer outcompetes him). He
starred on Netflix once, he can do it again.

Best of luck you you Tate. Thank you for bringing us both Rylee and Kiki. They sure will be missed (by all of us except Paranos). You, not so much. GO CANES!

Advertisement
This could be a brilliant move by Tate Martell.

I think his skillset translates well to the D2 level. If he wants to be a starting QB somewhere that would be his best move. My guess is that's his plan.

If Im not mistaken, he can opt out without losing a year of eligibility while still remaining on scholarship. He can finish his undergrad degree at UM this year and still have two years of eligibility remaining. He can then go a Valdosta State/Carson-Newman type program and play for two years while getting a free masters degree.

Advertisement
Why do we always have so many of these ill fitting washouts around? Who picks these nowhere kids and offers them valuable scholarships.? Sounds like yet another bonehead decision by our pathetic coaches.

Why opt out of a free season though? It seems like being a good teammate on the bench could only help whatever little chance of getting a G5 or FCS school to give him a shot. Now he looks like a quitter on top of a two time loser.

He can't pass worth a **** but fact is he has an elite shuttle time. I think if he'd actually dedicated himself to being a WR and put in the work for the last couple of years, he could have found some playing time, especially given Miami's lack of depth at WR.
Has he even been with the team? He wasn't at the game Saturday and it was a home game. I'm guessing this has been in the making since the depth chart came out.

I won’t ever **** on a kid who wanted to be a Cane. It didn’t work out. Our coach is an idiot anyways. This is the same kid who stole snaps from Haskins in 2018 against Michigan.

Advertisement
2020 twisted buzz words "opting out" and "stepping away" - translation: quitting. I do wish him well in his future endeavors.

This has been the most false narrative about him on this board, it's not hate, nobody hates Tate.

Telling the truth about him is not hate, he 5-star QB that was overly ****y on social media & got humbled because he talked shìt as if he was a Superstar. People can try to revise history all the want, but Tate had a large fanbase on here that delusionally swore he was the 2nd coming & anytime anyone would try to talk some sense into them they would immediately get called "haters".

The fact is, he was a massive bust, 3 different OC's have seen him in practice & completely buried him under their Depth charts because he's just not good enough to be a P5 QB & there's no arguing it.

The heat he got on social media he brought on himself, people don't "hate Tate" some just aren't going to continue to make excuses for why he's literally never started a game in his entire career when it's beyond obvious that he simply can't play at this level.
Worst part of it all is his homies both start and will most likely get drafted. I guarantee you he looked at them like, “Brev, Bub, are you guys really got to stay here when I’m leaving??? Where’s the LV love?”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back