Butch Jones is a POS

go over to vol nation. they are in full blown attack mode. lashing out at the newspaper and the writers. apparently they are all democrats and one even has a ****** sounding last name.

WTF does that mean??

It means what I wrote. they are idiots over there. Apparently the newspaper writers exposing this fiasco are liberal democrats and they even accused one of having a ****** sounding last name. When people don't like the message they attack the messenger.

Well didnt we attack robinson with his BS reporting

Advertisement
go over to vol nation. they are in full blown attack mode. lashing out at the newspaper and the writers. apparently they are all democrats and one even has a ****** sounding last name.

WTF does that mean??

It means what I wrote. they are idiots over there. Apparently the newspaper writers exposing this fiasco are liberal democrats and they even accused one of having a ****** sounding last name. When people don't like the message they attack the messenger.

of course...but not because of his political party or ethnicity.

WTF does that mean??

of course...but not because of his political party or ethnicity.

Some did lol

Being on UT's campus everyday as a student the main feeling i get from everyone is that not even UT fans can trust butch right now. A lot of them are very worried about this and think it may lead to his dismissal if proven to be true (which is think it is). Hopefully we get an answer sooner rather than later on this. I hate UT's football program and would love to see them go down.

Tell that to psu.

as i said earlier penn state got screwed. no way ncaa should of been in on that for football purposes. at most u fine the school a hefty amount u don't punish a program. penn state to me should of sued but at time it was such a bad look ncaa felt could make **** up and did. today im not sure even with bad look at tennesee and lets remember this is alleged to have happened not proven that ncaa can get involved and not have people rip them.

the ncaa lost alot of there mojo after miami fiasco. they went from being lauded at hitting penn state to being blasted by press everywhere for handling of multiple cases no just miami and in end have given back to penn state.

that said they had no buisness hitting football with sanctions over the legal matter of sandusky.

If all you're using as your barometer is "legal matter," then you could make the argument that any time something winds up in the court system the NCAA shouldn't be involved. Wasn't Shapiro in jail when they came after us? Legal matter.

UT is an institution. If UT repeatedly looks the other way and subjects its female students to vicious rapes from athletes in order to keep athletes eligible for participation in intercollegiate athletics, then that is the fcking definition of loss of institutional control. The institution is putting athletic success over the safety and welfare of its students. How much more egregious can a loss of institutional control get than that? Just because UT's malfeasance is so egregious that it rises to the level of criminally wrong doesn't stop it from being a loss of institutional control.

Wake the fck up, man!

ncaa came after miami for paying players. not for tax evasion. or in shapiro case fraud. he was arrested not part of miami but his accusations of improper benifits got miami investigated not a legal matter but a compliance one.

its completly diffrent argument. title 9 and sexual assault is a criminal matter. its not an improper benifits or recruiting violations or even academic fraud like at unc. im not condoning sexual assault by any means. it happens at campuses everywhere in america.

its just not an ncaa bylaws issue. it doesn't violate any rules that impact fair play. its disgusting even immorral but not a violation that should get a sports team to lose scholorships or postseason bans. if it wants to say butch jones is unable to coach at college level im all for that. he isn't suppose to help kids get away with sexual assault and if accusations are true should never be able to coach in ncaa again.

that said penn state was a legal matter, and so is what is happening at tennesee. what happened at miami was a completly diffrent issue. it wasn't a legal issue for miami. giving kids money violates no law. it just violates ncaa bylaws. hence compliance to say cause a guy being investigated for fraud and in jail for it should mean a team shouldn't have to answer to ncaa for cheating is idiotic.

isn't title IX about fair play? What's more fair than making sure women have an opportunity to play sports and, ya know, not get raped.

im talking on feild. ncaa rules that punish teams are about fair play on feild not off. rape is a national crisis. its happening every day in america. it happens on college campuses and off. when u consider over 50 pct of rapes go unreported its even worse then the numbers.

when u look at how women who come out against famous athletes like kobe bryant are treated u can understand why they don't report. title 9 allows schools to be fined and whatever other punishments it entails but its not about punishing the teams like football, basketball etc. its about punishing school by hitting its wallet which im fine with.

but what happened at penn state and tenn are off feild legal issues that should be treated as such. now if a president got fired, the ad got canned and a coach who got involved in covering up rape im all for firing them and banning them from college athletics. i just don't think u should punish the teams with scholorship or postseason bans. truth is 105 football players and maybe , maybe 10 are bad eggs. i just don't think its fair to punish those that arent' guilty.

Advertisement
Being on UT's campus everyday as a student the main feeling i get from everyone is that not even UT fans can trust butch right now. A lot of them are very worried about this and think it may lead to his dismissal if proven to be true (which is think it is). Hopefully we get an answer sooner rather than later on this. I hate UT's football program and would love to see them go down.

But does this guy (and his $$$) still want Butch; that's the million dollar question:

[video=youtube;dahihZAW2Aw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dahihZAW2Aw[/video]

haha yes that guy still loves some butch jones in his mouth

this was suppoesed to comment on the video of the song guy

this isn't a compliance issue. its a title 9 issue and is a legal issue. its a bad look the kind that if coach doesn't win and win big can get him fired. but ncaa has no jurisdiction in legal matters. what he did is horrid but its a legal matter not an ncaa one.

Tell that to psu.

as i said earlier penn state got screwed. no way ncaa should of been in on that for football purposes. at most u fine the school a hefty amount u don't punish a program. penn state to me should of sued but at time it was such a bad look ncaa felt could make **** up and did. today im not sure even with bad look at tennesee and lets remember this is alleged to have happened not proven that ncaa can get involved and not have people rip them.

the ncaa lost alot of there mojo after miami fiasco. they went from being lauded at hitting penn state to being blasted by press everywhere for handling of multiple cases no just miami and in end have given back to penn state.

that said they had no buisness hitting football with sanctions over the legal matter of sandusky.

If all you're using as your barometer is "legal matter," then you could make the argument that any time something winds up in the court system the NCAA shouldn't be involved. Wasn't Shapiro in jail when they came after us? Legal matter.

UT is an institution. If UT repeatedly looks the other way and subjects its female students to vicious rapes from athletes in order to keep athletes eligible for participation in intercollegiate athletics, then that is the fcking definition of loss of institutional control. The institution is putting athletic success over the safety and welfare of its students. How much more egregious can a loss of institutional control get than that? Just because UT's malfeasance is so egregious that it rises to the level of criminally wrong doesn't stop it from being a loss of institutional control.

Wake the fck up, man!

ncaa came after miami for paying players. not for tax evasion. or in shapiro case fraud. he was arrested not part of miami but his accusations of improper benifits got miami investigated not a legal matter but a compliance one.

its completly diffrent argument. title 9 and sexual assault is a criminal matter. its not an improper benifits or recruiting violations or even academic fraud like at unc. im not condoning sexual assault by any means. it happens at campuses everywhere in america.

its just not an ncaa bylaws issue. it doesn't violate any rules that impact fair play. its disgusting even immorral but not a violation that should get a sports team to lose scholorships or postseason bans. if it wants to say butch jones is unable to coach at college level im all for that. he isn't suppose to help kids get away with sexual assault and if accusations are true should never be able to coach in ncaa again.

that said penn state was a legal matter, and so is what is happening at tennesee. what happened at miami was a completly diffrent issue. it wasn't a legal issue for miami. giving kids money violates no law. it just violates ncaa bylaws. hence compliance to say cause a guy being investigated for fraud and in jail for it should mean a team shouldn't have to answer to ncaa for cheating is idiotic.

You appear to be too simple to grasp more complex issues, so I won't waste too much time with you. But here's a very easy breakdown for you: UT turning a blind eye to football players abusing and raping women in order to keep them eligible to compete for the football team is the ultimate loss of institutional control.

It's an institution of higher learning turning a blind eye to rape in order to get a competitive advantage by keeping athletes, who should be jailed, expelled, or at the very least suspended eligible for participation. How can you not see that?

Advertisement
I was gonna say was Tyler Byrd part of that gang bang? I thought they just gave him a free Bentley? Wonder what his woman would say on Twitter? Maybe Larry Scott had the orange and white pompoms out? Vols will lead the NCAA in penalties next year!

Tell that to psu.

Wake the fck up, man!

You appear to be too simple to grasp more complex issues, so I won't waste too much time with you. But here's a very easy breakdown for you: UT turning a blind eye to football players abusing and raping women in order to keep them eligible to compete for the football team is the ultimate loss of institutional control.

It's an institution of higher learning turning a blind eye to rape in order to get a competitive advantage by keeping athletes, who should be jailed, expelled, or at the very least suspended eligible for participation. How can you not see that?

alleged to have done so. i understand situation perfectly. ncaa has no buisness getting involved in this issue. now title 9 has rules and fines for doing what tennesee is accused of doing. just for the record over 100 schools are being investigated for title 9 violations

for all we know miami is one of them. i don't condone sexual assault or covering it up. its just not an ncaa issue its a legal one. school should be fined heavily if true. people involved in cover up fired and banned from college campuses. keep in mind though they are allegations and 2 that title 9 is hard for campuses to police.

frankly rape is a criminal act and should be reported to the actual cops to investigate. the fact campuses have to investigate a criminal matter is ridiculous. not saying what tennesee is alleged to have done is right. its just not a tennesee issue. its an issue on every college campus in america. kids get raped school covers it up even when it doesn't involve sports.

Wake the fck up, man!

alleged to have done so. i understand situation perfectly. ncaa has no buisness getting involved in this issue. now title 9 has rules and fines for doing what tennesee is accused of doing. just for the record over 100 schools are being investigated for title 9 violations

for all we know miami is one of them. i don't condone sexual assault or covering it up. its just not an ncaa issue its a legal one. school should be fined heavily if true. people involved in cover up fired and banned from college campuses. keep in mind though they are allegations and 2 that title 9 is hard for campuses to police.

frankly rape is a criminal act and should be reported to the actual cops to investigate. the fact campuses have to investigate a criminal matter is ridiculous. not saying what tennesee is alleged to have done is right. its just not a tennesee issue. its an issue on every college campus in america. kids get raped school covers it up even when it doesn't involve sports.

Rape is most definitely a criminal matter and should be handled by the police and courts. BUT, ignoring/covering up rape so that your players can still play is definitely a violation of everything that the ncaa claims to stand for. This isn't an either/or case, it's both.

Wake the fck up, man!

isn't title IX about fair play? What's more fair than making sure women have an opportunity to play sports and, ya know, not get raped.

im talking on feild. ncaa rules that punish teams are about fair play on feild not off. rape is a national crisis. its happening every day in america. it happens on college campuses and off. when u consider over 50 pct of rapes go unreported its even worse then the numbers.

when u look at how women who come out against famous athletes like kobe bryant are treated u can understand why they don't report. title 9 allows schools to be fined and whatever other punishments it entails but its not about punishing the teams like football, basketball etc. its about punishing school by hitting its wallet which im fine with.

but what happened at penn state and tenn are off feild legal issues that should be treated as such. now if a president got fired, the ad got canned and a coach who got involved in covering up rape im all for firing them and banning them from college athletics. i just don't think u should punish the teams with scholorship or postseason bans. truth is 105 football players and maybe , maybe 10 are bad eggs. i just don't think its fair to punish those that arent' guilty.

it does impact fair play. can't you spin it and say that many of these players involved in the cases would not be eligible to play?

Advertisement

Wake the fck up, man!

it does impact fair play. can't you spin it and say that many of these players involved in the cases would not be eligible to play?

probably. the trouble for me is this isn't a tennesee issue. as i have stated. they aren't only school with this problem are 100 schools count that 100 schools under title 9 violtion investigations. tennesee is just the big one now. fsu wouldn't have a national title without a police coverup with winston. yet ncaa didn't step in there and we kn ow for a fact the police helped the university cover it up. yet nothign happened there.

im not saying what tennesee is alleged to have done is right. just that in this instance its not a compliance issue. this is a national crisis in the end whena ll the title 9 investigations are up or all the lawsuits that come are settled how many schools would be eligible to even play in postseason if u ban all of them

to change this firing those in charge is a much worse punishment then punishing say the football team when 90 or more of the 105 kids are innocent of any wrong doing. fire administrators. ban them from college for life will have a much bigger impact on making sure schools don't cover up rape. what president, dean or coach will cover up rape if they will be fired and not able to work again in college?

Advertisement
Back