Butch Jones is a POS

F**k Larry Scott.

So after reading this article i wonder about Larry Scott. Although I believe he did a great job coaching the Canes after Folden was fired and some questioned his departure from the Mighty U. I pose this question, Did CMR see something that made him believe that Scott may have had a character issue, thus not a big push to retain him? I understand that LS could have walked into the UT situation completely unaware of these things however I have a gut feeling that he knew..just my thoughts and opinions..GO CANES!!!!!!!

With all due respect that's a gigantic reach.

To be honest I could give two shats about Larry Scott. The post I quoted however is still a reach.

Advertisement
i know many are saying this is not a NCAA issue but does this open the door to show a LOIC at Tenn? Just wondering figured I ask you guys
If dumplings and used washer and dryers got the NCAA invoice with us I'm sure there's a loophole for this

IMO, it's difficult to use college women to recruit high school athletes the way UT has been rumored to use them, and then be surprised when the players who decide to go there assume the college women are there for their "enjoyment".

I get showing high school studs how much "talent" you have on campus. But, from what has been rumored, UT has a few that go above and beyond in their quest to sway high school players.

So, if this gets into the recruiting aspect ... It may wind up being much worse than the Louisville basketball situation. Only saving grace for Jones may be that the recruiting practices may pre-date him.

Good. Hope they burn. NCAA will pretend like nothing is happening.

this isn't a compliance issue. its a title 9 issue and is a legal issue. its a bad look the kind that if coach doesn't win and win big can get him fired. but ncaa has no jurisdiction in legal matters. what he did is horrid but its a legal matter not an ncaa one.

Tell that to psu.

This stuff can happen at any school. But only some schools decide that the football program is above the health and reputation of the other students. FSU and UT are leading the charge right now. When those two players assualted that girl. Our football program got rid of them immediately as you should and not try sinister means to cover it up and intimidate the vicitims.

Advertisement
Really f--ed up when you read about the kind of culture that exists at some of these programs. I really hope the victims can get actual help and justice, that any who promoted such a culture are truly taken to task, and that more can be done to prevent these types of things from happening there or elsewhere in the future. Unfortunately, if I know college football fans (generally speaking but not all), there's a good chance the Tenn fans will rally around their athletes, call the victims whores and liars, and double-down on the culture that allows this type of thing to continue happening. It's gonna look much the same as things did at FSU when Jameis was in the spotlight. Defend their guy(s) at all costs and attack the victims any and every way they can.

this isn't a compliance issue. its a title 9 issue and is a legal issue. its a bad look the kind that if coach doesn't win and win big can get him fired. but ncaa has no jurisdiction in legal matters. what he did is horrid but its a legal matter not an ncaa one.

Tell that to psu.

as i said earlier penn state got screwed. no way ncaa should of been in on that for football purposes. at most u fine the school a hefty amount u don't punish a program. penn state to me should of sued but at time it was such a bad look ncaa felt could make **** up and did. today im not sure even with bad look at tennesee and lets remember this is alleged to have happened not proven that ncaa can get involved and not have people rip them.

the ncaa lost alot of there mojo after miami fiasco. they went from being lauded at hitting penn state to being blasted by press everywhere for handling of multiple cases no just miami and in end have given back to penn state.

that said they had no buisness hitting football with sanctions over the legal matter of sandusky.

Haha I still find it hilarious that this soft shouldered loser Tyler **** is still responding to UM fans on Twitter

That kid has problems

Starting to feel like we dodged a bullet

Kids dating a 15 year old. .makes perfect sense why he went up to a place where dudes send **** pics to 14 year Olds that are actually undercover cops and chug cheap wine out of another person's *******

Will be another registered chester sooner or later

Advertisement
Haha I still find it hilarious that this soft shouldered loser Tyler **** is still responding to UM fans on Twitter

That kid has problems

Kids dating a 15 year old. .makes perfect sense why he went up to a place where dudes send **** pics to 14 year Olds that are actually undercover cops and chug cheap wine out of another person's *******

Being in high school and dating a 15 year old doesn't make you a child molester IJS.

That kid has problems

Being in high school and dating a 15 year old doesn't make you a child molester IJS.

If i had a 15 year old daughter no way in **** i would let her date a dude thats 20

That kid has problems

Dudes gonna be 20 this year....

Tell that to psu.

as i said earlier penn state got screwed. no way ncaa should of been in on that for football purposes. at most u fine the school a hefty amount u don't punish a program. penn state to me should of sued but at time it was such a bad look ncaa felt could make **** up and did. today im not sure even with bad look at tennesee and lets remember this is alleged to have happened not proven that ncaa can get involved and not have people rip them.

the ncaa lost alot of there mojo after miami fiasco. they went from being lauded at hitting penn state to being blasted by press everywhere for handling of multiple cases no just miami and in end have given back to penn state.

that said they had no buisness hitting football with sanctions over the legal matter of sandusky.

If all you're using as your barometer is "legal matter," then you could make the argument that any time something winds up in the court system the NCAA shouldn't be involved. Wasn't Shapiro in jail when they came after us? Legal matter.

UT is an institution. If UT repeatedly looks the other way and subjects its female students to vicious rapes from athletes in order to keep athletes eligible for participation in intercollegiate athletics, then that is the fcking definition of loss of institutional control. The institution is putting athletic success over the safety and welfare of its students. How much more egregious can a loss of institutional control get than that? Just because UT's malfeasance is so egregious that it rises to the level of criminally wrong doesn't stop it from being a loss of institutional control.

Wake the fck up, man!

Advertisement

That kid has problems

Tell that to the legislature who writes the statutory rape laws.

Tell that to psu.

If all you're using as your barometer is "legal matter," then you could make the argument that any time something winds up in the court system the NCAA shouldn't be involved. Wasn't Shapiro in jail when they came after us? Legal matter.

UT is an institution. If UT repeatedly looks the other way and subjects its female students to vicious rapes from athletes in order to keep athletes eligible for participation in intercollegiate athletics, then that is the fcking definition of loss of institutional control. The institution is putting athletic success over the safety and welfare of its students. How much more egregious can a loss of institutional control get than that? Just because UT's malfeasance is so egregious that it rises to the level of criminally wrong doesn't stop it from being a loss of institutional control.

Wake the fck up, man!

ncaa came after miami for paying players. not for tax evasion. or in shapiro case fraud. he was arrested not part of miami but his accusations of improper benifits got miami investigated not a legal matter but a compliance one.

its completly diffrent argument. title 9 and sexual assault is a criminal matter. its not an improper benifits or recruiting violations or even academic fraud like at unc. im not condoning sexual assault by any means. it happens at campuses everywhere in america.

its just not an ncaa bylaws issue. it doesn't violate any rules that impact fair play. its disgusting even immorral but not a violation that should get a sports team to lose scholorships or postseason bans. if it wants to say butch jones is unable to coach at college level im all for that. he isn't suppose to help kids get away with sexual assault and if accusations are true should never be able to coach in ncaa again.

that said penn state was a legal matter, and so is what is happening at tennesee. what happened at miami was a completly diffrent issue. it wasn't a legal issue for miami. giving kids money violates no law. it just violates ncaa bylaws. hence compliance to say cause a guy being investigated for fraud and in jail for it should mean a team shouldn't have to answer to ncaa for cheating is idiotic.

Tell that to psu.

Wake the fck up, man!

ncaa came after miami for paying players. not for tax evasion. or in shapiro case fraud. he was arrested not part of miami but his accusations of improper benifits got miami investigated not a legal matter but a compliance one.

its completly diffrent argument. title 9 and sexual assault is a criminal matter. its not an improper benifits or recruiting violations or even academic fraud like at unc. im not condoning sexual assault by any means. it happens at campuses everywhere in america.

its just not an ncaa bylaws issue. it doesn't violate any rules that impact fair play. its disgusting even immorral but not a violation that should get a sports team to lose scholorships or postseason bans. if it wants to say butch jones is unable to coach at college level im all for that. he isn't suppose to help kids get away with sexual assault and if accusations are true should never be able to coach in ncaa again.

that said penn state was a legal matter, and so is what is happening at tennesee. what happened at miami was a completly diffrent issue. it wasn't a legal issue for miami. giving kids money violates no law. it just violates ncaa bylaws. hence compliance to say cause a guy being investigated for fraud and in jail for it should mean a team shouldn't have to answer to ncaa for cheating is idiotic.

isn't title IX about fair play? What's more fair than making sure women have an opportunity to play sports and, ya know, not get raped.

Advertisement

Tell that to psu.

Wake the fck up, man!

It absolutely violates laws of fairplay and compliance if athletes implicated in sexual assaults were not handled in exactly the same fashion as the rest of the student population.

Just because Shapiro got the money he used illegally does not mean the student athletes that received the money down the line did not receive an improper benefit. Where the NCAA went astray for us was in its means of accessing information to help their case that would not have been available to them due to the nature of the Shapiro situation.

Maybe I have misconstrued your argument, but frankly it cannot be as broadly painted as "if it is a legal matter it is not a compliance issue" as your response seems to suggest to me.

Whether it is a criminal matter or not isn't really what should burn them, if the handling of the criminal element of anything on a college campus, title 9 or otherwise, is conducted in a manner that benefits athletes more so than the regular student population, it is an improper benefit. The whole premise of the lawsuit is based on a culture of non-consequence for your behavior if you are an athlete after all, is it not?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tell that to psu.

Wake the fck up, man!

it's called "lack of institutional control"...go look up penn state, that's what they got charged with the Sandusky cover up. If you don't think this falls in the same realm of that charge, then I don't know what does

Last edited:
go over to vol nation. they are in full blown attack mode. lashing out at the newspaper and the writers. apparently they are all democrats and one even has a ****** sounding last name.

WTF does that mean??

It means what I wrote. they are idiots over there. Apparently the newspaper writers exposing this fiasco are liberal democrats and they even accused one of having a ****** sounding last name. When people don't like the message they attack the messenger.

Advertisement
Back