Butch Haters - this must really suck for you

Advertisement
ROTFLMFAO at UM wanted him to stick around...Lol....
Two issues remained unresolved: the buyout if
Davis took another job, and the guaranteed compensation if Davis
was fired. Miami wanted Davis to pay a $2.5 million buyout if he
left after the first year, and the school would pay him $5
million (of the remaining $6.8 million) if he was fired following
the first season...Large buyout riders are not uncommon for sought-after college
coaches, although $2.5 million would have been extraordinary...
Dee defends Miami's demand for a stiff buyout clause by
saying, "If we were going to make the investment that we were
prepared to make, we expected reciprocity."

https://www.si.com/vault/2001/02/12...d-bolted-for-a-big-money-deal-with-the-browns

Two issues remained unresolved: the buyout if
Davis took another job, and the guaranteed compensation if Davis
was fired. Miami wanted Davis to pay a $2.5 million buyout if he
left after the first year, and the school would pay him $5
million (of the remaining $6.8 million) if he was fired following
the first season...Large buyout riders are not uncommon for sought-after college
coaches, although $2.5 million would have been extraordinary...
Dee defends Miami's demand for a stiff buyout clause by
saying, "If we were going to make the investment that we were
prepared to make, we expected reciprocity."

https://www.si.com/vault/2001/02/12...d-bolted-for-a-big-money-deal-with-the-browns
ROTFLMFAO at anyone in their right mind believing Dee...as Bad as the rest...

The truth about BD:

1. Rescued Miami as HC here;
2. Weak game day coach;
3. Excellent eye for talent when at Miami;
4. Left us at alter for Cleveland;
5. Failed at Cleveland;
6. Mostly a failure at UNC;
7. Best offer was FIU;
8. Done a nice job at FIU;
9. Scored their biggest win ever and forever the other night;
10. Not a " god", not a bum. A HC who has never won a title. Got to what, # 2 or 3 in 2000? Nice, but so have lots of other nobodies over the years.

Advertisement
The truth about BD:

2. Weak game day coach;
5. Failed at Cleveland;
7. Best offer was FIU;
10. Not a " god", not a bum. A HC who has never won a title. Got to what, # 2 or 3 in 2000? Nice, but so have lots of other nobodies over the years.
Failed at Cleveland by putting them in the playoffs twice for the 1st time since Napoleon....Last time Browns sniffed playoffs...Best offer was NOT FIU....Didnt want to leave SFla....

Go to bed fool. You got nothing. Just stop. Sleepy time you old fart.

That's what I thought.

You have no answer for that simple question - that extra chromosome you got really causes problems sometimes, huh?

Clearly you're not overburdened with education, and I don't know what your problem is - but I'd imagine it's really hard to pronounce.

Maybe if only you'd gotten some oxygen at birth - but clearly that ship has sailed.

The truth about BD:

2. Weak game day coach;
5. Failed at Cleveland;
7. Best offer was FIU;

That was painfully evident last Saturday. Thankfully, he's a weak game day coach - might have hung 75 on us.

And thankfully - FIU really couldn't substitute much - and they had to play the whole game!

Two-deep - and they might have run 80 on us!

ROTFLMFAO at anyone in their right mind believing Dee...as Bad as the rest...

Your empty conclusions are just that. Empty and devoid of fact. Especially when Butch admits it: Davis and Demoff found both clauses unacceptable.
The money was fine. The issue was the buyout. Why would a buyout be such an issue if you want to be here for years to come? Common sense will tell you the answer unless you refuse to see what's staring you in the face. In the case, no one can help you. Hence your obsession.

Advertisement
Your empty conclusions are just that. Empty and devoid of fact. The money was fine. The issue was the buyout. Why would a buyout be such an issue if you want to be here for years to come? Common sense will tell you the answer unless you refuse to see what's staring you in the face. In the case, no one can help you. Hence your obsession.
Way more issues....Assistants getting more $$..etc...you wouldn't know that because you didn't have a family member "Directly involved"...but by all means, keep commenting on a subject you have No idea about...

Failed at Cleveland by putting them in the playoffs twice for the 1st time since Napoleon....Last time Browns sniffed playoffs...Best offer was NOT FIU....Didnt want to leave SFla....

Browns made playoffs ONCE with him( and lost), and his record there was 24-35( .410). 40 % win rate isnt a failure? Call Steven Ross, he might have a job for you.

What other offers did he have other than FIU?

And in regards to loving it down here, yes, i am sure he does, but that didnt stop him from splitting in 2001.

Would I have preferred him stay in 2001? Absolutely yes. It was a bad move for him and UM. He is /was better than Randy, and Golden for sure. But to extrapolate from that that hes some sort of genius " program builder" or savant is objectively wrong. Forget feelings, his record in college is 86-57, a 60% winning percentage. Thats not bad, but its only above average. Over a 12 game season that about 7 wins, 5 losses per.

Is a 7-5 record every year something a football " god" does?

Please.

Browns made playoffs ONCE with him( and lost), and his record there was 24-35( .410). 40 % win rate isnt a failure? Call Steven Ross, he might have a job for you.

What other offers did he have other than FIU?

And in regards to loving it down here, yes, i am sure he does, but that didnt stop him from splitting in 2001.

Would I have preferred him stay in 2001? Absolutely yes. It was a bad move for him and UM. He is /was better than Randy, and Golden for sure. But to extrapolate from that that hes some sort of genius " program builder" or savant is objectively wrong. Forget feelings, his record in college is 86-57, a 60% winning percentage. Thats not bad, but its only above average. Over a 12 game season that about 7 wins, 5 losses per.

Is a 7-5 record every year something a football " god" does?

Please.
Whens the last time Cleveland made the playoffs??....Butch 4-2 against UM with an extraordinary amount of lesser talent....

Way more issues....Assistants getting more $$..etc...you wouldn't know that because you didn't have a family member "Directly involved"...but by all means, keep commenting on a subject you have No idea about...
You have direct knowledge, but none of it can be independently verified. Sorry fool, I wasn't born yesterday. Until you supply hard data, your point are simply conjecture.

Advertisement
Whens the last time Cleveland made the playoffs??....Butch 4-2 against UM with an extraordinary amount of lesser talent....

Dude, going 4-2 vs Miami coaches isnt a Hall of Fame achievement. He beat Diaz, Golden, and IIRC Shannon? Regardless, my point remains- hes an ABOVE AVERAGE COACH.

I remember Butch beating us 4 times and putting together a ridiculously talented UNC defense.

I think clearly he is the best coach we've had since Ericson left.

Advertisement
The Culmination of REAL Recruiting and REAL evaluations.....
13220960_1229821450361264_2351333540229910272_n.jpg

Advertisement
Back