Butch Haters - this must really suck for you

You never saw Lombardi coach. I did!

Saw Butch Davis too. And recall when Schnellenberger was hired - bet you weren't cognizant of/during that period, either.

Most here are younger - really rely on film - or rumors - or BS they heard about our good old days - after all, the Snelly arrived at UM 40 years ago, won his NC at UM 35 years ago.

Even if you were ten years old - and as a ten year old had some cognizant factors - you'd have to be fifty years old - which most here - aren't.

Buncha pups who rely on limited narratives and limited film - from decades ago.

Yup. Been a season ticket holder since 83. Most of these fans don't even remember how much Butch was hated at one point when he was coach.

Advertisement
You can't build a mansion with a box of nails, a hammer, six two-by's, and a ***** jack.

nobody expects a mansion, but why is his shack not looking as good as Lane’s? Why can UAB win that conference three years after shutting their football team down but he can’t at FIU? Nobody’s expecting greatness but among his peers he’s below average. That just shows his time has passed

nobody expects a mansion, but why is his shack not looking as good as Lane’s? Why can UAB win that conference three years after shutting their football team down but he can’t at FIU? Nobody’s expecting greatness but among his peers he’s below average. That just shows his time has passed

Even Mario had FIU beating FAU several times.

Oh yeah - the Head Coach is omnipotent - knows every deed, every word, every action, and every thought - in the entire athletic department - that is such a chickenschitt comment - that Butch was a cheating dog - I do very much hope you one day will get it right in the neck - for something you didn't do.

The Tydreke Powell comment?

If the Pirate had said the same thing, we'd all laugh as it's a technique to make a point - while being funny - but has a lot of truth!

If this Tydreke really was just interested in college - of course he'd be trying to get into an Ivy League university - or Cal-Tech, MIT, or the great engineering school at Georgia Tech.

But he wasn't. Was he? No. A student athlete GENERALLY isn't there for a degree toward a profession. They're there to play football.

So - the idea that Butch Davis would say such a thing!!!!!!

I'm shocked!!!!!

I'm stunned!!!!!

Man, take that pansy crap down the road.
Coach Sweetwater sycophants= Low IQ individuals. If he was as clean as you say, Coach Sweetwater wouldn‘t be stuck in Sweetwater. No idea why Sweetwater sycophants have so much allegiance to a coach who left you at the alter....18 years ago. Get over it. Get a clue.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I can't help but laugh at folks complaining about Butch having players take a dive to slow down our vaunted offense.

The simple reality is that if we convert on 4th and goal from the 2 then no one would ever mention the player who flopped. Instead we have two wide receivers at the top of the screen with only one DB covering both and we run a QB bootleg...the other way. lol.

Well, it's got a lot to do with the starting point.

I find it almost distressing - how utterly insane some of these arguments are.

Almost.

But I get college graduates who can't write a simple paragraph without ******** it up - and shockingly, many can't fill out a damned job application.

Thus, the almost.

Advertisement
Well, it's got a lot to do with the starting point.

I find it almost distressing - how utterly insane some of these arguments are.

Almost.

But I get college graduates who can't write a simple paragraph without ******** it up - and shockingly, many can't fill out a damned job application.

Thus, the almost.

the starting point?
Lane took over 3-9 FAU and is about to win the conference for the 2nd time in 3 years.
Butch took over 4-8 FIU and hasn’t been close.

Yup. Been a season ticket holder since 83. Most of these fans don't even remember how much Butch was hated at one point when he was coach.

Oh yeah! We were so used to winning out - to start losing due to 31 scholarship losses - man, those were dark, dark days.

Didn't even have enough players to scrimmage at one point.

But he turned it around! And then got screwed.

Advertisement
He certainly turned it around. He wanted to finish the job and then move on the league. The school was going to make him one of the three highest paid coaches at the time, but he wanted a buyout that let him walk away. School wanted him to stick around.
ROTFLMFAO at UM wanted him to stick around...Lol....

Advertisement
Back