Burton decommits

Advertisement
WR is the easiest position to replace regardless of class.

We don't even use all our WR's... It'll never be something to worry about with this staff.

OL, DL & QB is different, but WR is not a big issue.

Bryan Robinson, Marcus Rosemy, Marcus Fleming, James Davis, Elijah Canion, Kahlil Brantley, Jovan Ferguson & bunch others still available with a full 2 years of crootin' left. We'll be fine.

Quit taking early commits if you can’t hold on to them..

What's the difference?
You going to tell them no?
I bet you would be the criticizing if it came out that they refused a commitment from a kid they wanted.
If you want the kid and he want to commit it means nothing to accept it... because the commitment of a 2020 kid in 2018 means less than zero anyway.

Advertisement
Red flag to what?
Are you saying the recruiting has been bad?
Its not up to my standard and the way they closed 2 years in a row they got bullied. thats the truth I aint making that up thats facts, I have a standard for the U to put superior athlete at every spot. It may be not fair but thats my expectations greatness nothing less than that. Its like being a Yankee fan I want the best at every spot Ive seen them do it so its possible, same goes for the U they have did it before do it again.

Its not up to my standard and the way they closed 2 years in a row they got bullied. thats the truth I aint making that up thats facts, I have a standard for the U to put superior athlete at every spot. It may be not fair but thats my expectations greatness nothing less than that. Its like being a Yankee fan I want the best at every spot Ive seen them do it so its possible, same goes for the U they have did it before do it again.

I liked last years class. It could have been even better but that doesn't take away form how good of a class it was.
That's my opinion anyway.
I think if every class for the next few years is just as good as last two years we will be right where we want to be.
That is reality to me.

I liked last years class. It could have been even better but that doesn't take away form how good of a class it was.
That's my opinion anyway.
I think if every class for the next few years is just as good as last two years we will be right where we want to be.
That is reality to me.
They need to close strong on NSD and make that a tradition to close strong but since they have failed on that day specifically I expect them not to. The class was our best in years on paper but it should have been better IMO. This year theres not as many guys as last year but they have to close with the kids from sfla that every school wants and there no excuses and for me there will never be excuses. Its either results on the trail or not thats it (at least for me)......I think we have a great year but that to me doesnt mean anything for recruiting as proved last year because we still closed with 10 plus wins, so wins aint tied to recruiting like some think. We lost kids we should have gotten and that is unacceptable for me, it was unacceptable for coke shannon golden and this goes for this staff for me 2. Recruiting is the key to winning big Im a firm believer in Joes more than X's and O's.....If we take care of home base we win its simple.

Also if we miss on the CJ hendos of the world we better have a bad *** evaluation skills and put someone there better thats unknown or something.

Not sweating an OOS WR decommit 2 years out. The staff shouldn't accept a kid's commitment who hasn't seen campus yet. Kid talked a big game about not decommitting too.

Advertisement
I believe for us to close strong, we need to start visiting certain prospects that are really interested and get them on a visit.

I was coming in to say this exact thing. Almost like someone is dropping bag$ and having them decommit every time we get some good news. I dunno it’s weird.
Wtf? Dropping bags for decommitting from us??? GOD help us all!🤦🏾‍♂️

Good thing we we got Richt that extension. Now that recruits know he'll be here all four years, it's going to be smooth sailing.

They need to close strong on NSD and make that a tradition to close strong but since they have failed on that day specifically I expect them not to. The class was our best in years on paper but it should have been better IMO. This year theres not as many guys as last year but they have to close with the kids from sfla that every school wants and there no excuses and for me there will never be excuses. Its either results on the trail or not thats it (at least for me)......I think we have a great year but that to me doesnt mean anything for recruiting as proved last year because we still closed with 10 plus wins, so wins aint tied to recruiting like some think. We lost kids we should have gotten and that is unacceptable for me, it was unacceptable for coke shannon golden and this goes for this staff for me 2. Recruiting is the key to winning big Im a firm believer in Joes more than X's and O's.....If we take care of home base we win its simple.

Also if we miss on the CJ hendos of the world we better have a bad *** evaluation skills and put someone there better thats unknown or something.

That's the disconnect for me.
I can't say "this was the best class we've in years" and then not admit that recruiting his trending in the right direction.
If the talent level on team has dramatically improved and it keeps going on this direction we will be competing for championships. In my opinion

Advertisement
Good thing we we got Richt that extension. Now that recruits know he'll be here all four years, it's going to be smooth sailing.

For sure. We just locked down the second best safety in this class after grabbing the best LB in Florida this year in Huff. We rollin.

Dumbass we have not been that U we know and love for along time. The kids grew up watching the SEC winning titles( 8 in a row in one span) and we had probation and scholarships taken from us along with bad Coaches. CMR and staff have done a great Job recruiting! GTFOH with that BullSh!t that they got bullied. We targeted some recruits that didn’t want to play here and they’ve made mistakes but have been battling and doing a great job! Also remember we had that Scumbag Corch Kul who wasn’t even a decent recruiter but now he’s gone so be patient! CMR will own the State of Florida!

Advertisement
Interesting - Baez just retweeted the interview Rivals did with Burton like two weeks ago where he stated he as all Miami, firm in his committment, loves coach Dugan, etc.

Thats such a weak *** post...sorry man but its true.

It’s all good bro. You’re entitled to your opinion. I think they should stop taking commitments from kids who are uncertain because it keeps killing our momentum. If you disagree that’s fine.

It’s all good bro. You’re entitled to your opinion. I think they should stop taking commitments from kids who are uncertain because it keeps killing our momentum. If you disagree that’s fine.
I agree, but you cant turn away a kid that is itching to make it public and likely told them he was sure of his decision. I dont believe they are pushing these young bucks for commits. I feel like we get all emotional (I do it too) when this **** happens...but it happens to every school. We just had a rough run with it. All good...I just hate seeing us pile on the coaches for **** like this. Especially when we have a miopic view of only our Canes...when, as someone just pointed out, Bama had the same thing happen to them.

Advertisement
Back