Burns Decommits

Advertisement
He has the fastest 300m hurdle time in the nation and the fastest 300m since Reggie Wyatt ran a blazing 35.02 in 2009. The kid ought to stick with track in college. Future NCAA national champion. After that who knows. Gifted kid.

We had two kids from our district high school, both very good football players. Both gave up football for track in college and both are All-Americans. One is running the 400 at USC, the other sprints at Tennessee.

his brother is a Cane. His mother died a Cane. The disrespect in this thread makes me sick. The kid has world class athletic skills. i can't imagine a quality coaching staff not being abel to turn someone with his size and skill set into a great CB. It's in his blood. if he want's to be closer to his family in Pitt, i understand. i'm disappointed and wish him the best. for those that are new to recruiting, we'll never carry a full 85 on ship. we'll never not be able to find room for one more. the next time a legacy picks another school, shut your mouth. i hope he goes to pitt and becomes great. this board is fvcked up sometimes.

CSrWORaXAAEkITk.jpg

Yup, but let Blades say he's going elsewhere and watch all the "loyalty" buffs come out the woodwork with the hot takes about kids these days not respecting tradition and blah blah blah

Richt is a ruthless guy when it comes to raising the level of talent around here I like burns and wish him the best but the fact remains HE WASNT a GOING TO PLAY HERE

Advertisement
his brother is a Cane. His mother died a Cane. The disrespect in this thread makes me sick. The kid has world class athletic skills. i can't imagine a quality coaching staff not being abel to turn someone with his size and skill set into a great CB. It's in his blood. if he want's to be closer to his family in Pitt, i understand. i'm disappointed and wish him the best. for those that are new to recruiting, we'll never carry a full 85 on ship. we'll never not be able to find room for one more. the next time a legacy picks another school, shut your mouth. i hope he goes to pitt and becomes great. this board is fvcked up sometimes.

CSrWORaXAAEkITk.jpg

Yup, but let Blades say he's going elsewhere and watch all the "loyalty" buffs come out the woodwork with the hot takes about kids these days not respecting tradition and blah blah blah

LULZ if blades goes anywhere but here i will tattoo dbc *** on my face and send pics

Thomas Burns Commits to Miami for Track!
https://247sports.com/college/miami/Bolt/Thomas-Burns-Commits-to-Run-Track-at-Miami-110109133
6_5279652.jpg

Pittsburgh (Pa.) Pine-Richland three-star cornerback Thomas Burns has committed to run track at Miami according to Mile Split.

The younger brother of former UM star cornerback and current Pittsburgh Steeler Artie Burns is the nation's No. 1 ranked 300-meter hurdler. He had previously given a verbal pledge to play football for the Hurricanes.

Burns joins a loaded Miami track recruiting class which includes Arizona's top sprinter Tyrees Moulton and USF transfer Chauncy Smart, who was a three-star football recruit coming out of Auburndale High.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Could he walk on to football?

Yes, he could play football after 2 years on a track scholarship without the scholarship converting to football.

u got a source for that?

No, I'm just making it up. Either that, or it's an NCAA rule, smart guy.

"after two years, a school can give an athletic scholarship to a walk-on without counting the scholarship against the limit of 25 initial counters, and instead count the scholarship against only the limit of 85 overall counters."

Advertisement
Back