BuffsInsight: The Coach Deion Sanders from JSU to Colorado Mega Thread

Hermano warrens only real friend is his left hand.
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
He out recruited us, which is his job lol all that troll **** is for overly emotional fans.. Wtf is other coaches supposed to not go after the top players in the country?

And alonzo said in his post he supports deion so what tf sense does it make to get online and question your fellow canes love for the U? That **** is lame to me, it’s obvious they are supporting their friend.

They have represented for us for decades, put in work here and then help build and expand the brand but now with this one situation u get online and take a shot at them? That **** is lame bruh
Alonzo said he hopes Deion is successful so that opportunities would be given to other black coaches .... he also said in no way would he actively assist someone who was a competitor of Miami.

Not sure why you are having trouble separating the two concepts.

This is what i dont get all the hating coming about the HBCU side...all of the bolded indeed happen.

The crazy part is I always have to call out folks who jumped on this whole Deion hurt HBCU kick on my social media timelines as well...and its ALWAYS folks who didnt go to an HBCU, never supported an HBCU or sent their kids there.

This is how bad it was ...around the time Deion first took the JSU job i had high school kids asking me why i chose to go to an HBCU over other colleges, these were kids who aint even get div 3 offers but looked down at me going to an HBCU. I went there cause my father did and alot of my family and i grew up in a time (90S EARLY 2000S) and around a community that supported it or promoted it at all times similar to how Deion did. (TV SHOWS, MOVIES,ETC)

💯 This is the truth. Unfortunately, there was a stigma associated with attending an HBCU for student athletes prior to his arrival. I don’t know when it developed but I’m assuming around the 2010’s it happened. When I was in middle & high school I remember Nick Collins, Rashean Mathis, Justin Durant, and Jacoby Jones getting drafted and all made plays in the league. Even down here I remember being in middle when the qb from Dillard; Bozeman chose Alcorn because of McNair. But somewhere down the line, kids didn’t want to go to an HBCU. At that time, I thought attending an HBCU before going to places to these low tier fbs or a bad fcs would have been a better option. Anyway that changed when Deion came. Plus more quality transfers started coming too. I still don’t think James Houston makes it in the nfl if he stayed at UF. Even with the coaches, one of Deion’s former teammates told me that Deion encouraged him to coach at an HBCU when he was unsure.

Advertisement
I think Sapp has worked for years with Deion on NFL network though, thats the connection

It is a connection. And why are they acting like these athletes aren’t friends or communicate? Look at Lebron befriending the entire nba. We see athletes part with each other all the time in the offseason now. It didn’t just start. They just have social media. It’s baffling that some on here really think these people can’t be friends unless they play on the same team. I wonder how they make friends in real life.

Alonzo said he hopes Deion is successful so that opportunities would be given to other black coaches .... he also said in no way would he actively assist someone who was a competitor of Miami.

Not sure why you are having trouble separating the two concepts.
He openly supported him, that is the basis of it. He has a job with miami no **** he wont be assisting him.

The other canes are friends with deion, they are supporting him it’s literally that simple and not that big of a deal lol thats why i think it was corny of zo, who also shouldn’t give af right now lol, is worried about it enough to take a shot on social media.

And if zo understands the first part u mentioned then that’s another reason its lame to use this situation to take a shot at them lol

Advertisement
Man, **** EVERY OUNCE OF THAT BULL****.

It doesn't matter if every single person in the black community wants to see Deion succeed. That's fine.

YOU STILL DON'T HAVE TO PUT ON COLORADO BUFFALOES CLOTHING TO DO THAT.

Just stop it. Stop turning this **** into something that it is not.

Miami alums don't have to wear the merchandise of another university to root for Deion's success.
Hold on sir, I agree 100%. I have said time and time again in this thread that Zo was correct.

We’re in agreement. Yes, there are people who don’t believe in the black community supporting their own, above almost all else.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

A college football national championship would look nice with the Super Bowls won by Tony Dungy and Mike Tomlin.
Is there a white community?

I don't feel any affiliation towards Boris Johnson or Elon Musk - should I?

Let’s see where all these clowns are in two weeks after Oregon and SC spank them
There's a reason Game Day was there last Saturday and all the 'stars' were on the sideline too.

It's entirely calculated - they expected a rout and a party atmosphere.

They needed the refs to bail them out in the end with some very shady calls or it would have been an entirely different story.

Is there a white community?

I don't feel any affiliation towards Boris Johnson or Elon Musk - should I?
Respectfully, maybe because in general, the white community in this country has always operated from a position of power, with few obstacles toward achievement of any kind? Why do you think institutions like the HBCU exist to begin with?

Advertisement
It’s like we’re living in some sort of bizarro-world alternate reality. The majority of Criminole fans I talk to in my daily travels absolutely despise Deion. Meanwhile, you got Miami alum out here wearing Colorado jerseys and calling him the greatest thing since sliced bread. No matter what you think of Deion, most people can admit this whole thing is a bit…odd.

Have former players been allowed back on the sidelines during Mario's tenure? I don't remember correctly if I saw players last year, but we were **** so who could blame them? Lol

Not saying it needs to happen but I'd love to see like Duke or Jimmy Graham or Travis Benjamin along with the Wilforks, Shockey, Buchannons

Advertisement
I think Sapp has worked for years with Deion on NFL network though, thats the connection

You know that Warren Sapp doesn't have any friends. Ask @Brooklyndee .

I grew up near Warren. Nobody has anything nice to say about him. Warren's got even fewer friends than Deion has F$U teammates who like him.

He openly supported him, that is the basis of it. He has a job with miami no **** he wont be assisting him.

The other canes are friends with deion, they are supporting him it’s literally that simple and not that big of a deal lol thats why i think it was corny of zo, who also shouldn’t give af right now lol, is worried about it enough to take a shot on social media.

And if zo understands the first part u mentioned then that’s another reason its lame to use this situation to take a shot at them lol

"is worried about it enough to take a shot on social media."

Maybe because Dion is using it to negative recruit against UM.
Just a guess on my part.

Advertisement
Back