BuffsInsight: The Coach Deion Sanders from JSU to Colorado Mega Thread

Advertisement
Coaches are opportunists, as are most people. That said, few have utilized the HBCU in the way Deion has, and then had the nerve to pretend that it's everyone else that is the problem. Here's an idea, don't bring God into it, don't leverage the decades of institutional neglect heaped upon schools like JSU and then as soon as some money comes along, you're out the door. Amazing how any criticism about your lord and savior Deion Sanders is automatically labelled as "hating", nah, it's called accountability. He isn't keeping it too real, he's a disingenuous dude that thinks that all of us will be dazzled by some gold chains and a halfassed Black power speech. He's Creflo Dollar with a whistle and a lot of us don't buy it.
He could have done some really nice things for HBCU football and the universities in general. I won't be surprised if Jackson State had strategic plans to leverage off the exposure they were getting. And just like that they are back to status quo scraping for dollars. The guy could have made a real difference for these universities. So it really wasn't about HBCU was it?

He could have done some really nice things for HBCU football and the universities in general. I won't be surprised if Jackson State had strategic plans to leverage off the exposure they were getting. And just like that they are back to status quo scraping for dollars. The guy could have made a real difference for these universities. So it really wasn't about HBCU was it?
If you dont actually know something why post?

Not a defense but I'll try to make some sense of the connections...

The Rock & Sanders= made his WWE return live on SmackDown in Denver CO the previous Friday night, easy publicity

Irvin & Sanders= Former Cowboys teammates, close friends for decades

Sapp & Sanders= both attention seeking arrogant loud-mouths, birds of a feather

🤷🏿‍♂️
Sapp and Sanders work together on the NFL Network.

Advertisement
Coaches are opportunists, as are most people. That said, few have utilized the HBCU in the way Deion has, and then had the nerve to pretend that it's everyone else that is the problem. Here's an idea, don't bring God into it, don't leverage the decades of institutional neglect heaped upon schools like JSU and then as soon as some money comes along, you're out the door. Amazing how any criticism about your lord and savior Deion Sanders is automatically labelled as "hating", nah, it's called accountability. He isn't keeping it too real, he's a disingenuous dude that thinks that all of us will be dazzled by some gold chains and a halfassed Black power speech. He's Creflo Dollar with a whistle and a lot of us don't buy it.
Triggered and Jealous. Your hate is your Lord and Savior, it’s what you call on and rely on in tough challenging times, like seeing an affirmed, successful, self-made, self-validated, unapologetic and confident Alpha black man handle a system and thrive within it.

The “lord and savior” piece is very ironic and paradoxical. I don’t believe Christ to be my personal lord or savior but I know this is the very same hate and jealousy he experienced and for the same reasons mentioned above. Same response then and now. They are from the same tribe too.

I validated your first paragraph and said it had legitimate points. But this just proves that it’s simply filler and filibuster material (as I said) or a side dish on the way to good old fashion hate.

Advertisement
This is indicative of the celebrity culture. Ed Reed is close to Deon, I believe he was at BCU on Thursday night. Nothing wrong with what the OG Highsmith said. That being said I don't know what the relationship is between MC and this crew either. Also, don't forget Irvin is a part of the media, his friendship with Sanders serves his own self interest. For the record I don't like it either but these are grown men or supposedly so at least.

Triggered and Jealous. Your hate is your Lord and Savior, it’s what you call on and rely on in tough challenging times, like seeing an affirmed, successful, self-made, self-validated, unapologetic and confident Alpha black man handle a system and thrive within it.

The “lord and savior” piece is very ironic and paradoxical. I don’t believe Christ to be my personal lord or savior but I know this is the very same hate and jealousy he experienced and for the same reasons mentioned above. Same response then and now. They are from the same tribe too.

I validated your first paragraph and said it had legitimate points. But this just proves that it’s simply filler and filibuster material (as I said) or a side dish on the way to good old fashion hate.

If you were to replace black with white, and Deion with Trump, your statement would be exactly what some MAGA supporter would say. It's the same culty nonsense. Then again, con men are great at bringing out that emotion from the people they fleece. Deion isn't self validated, self validated men aren't insecure, they don't run around like a teenage girl expecting everyone to kiss their behind and if they don't, whine and pout. There's a reason why he is always looking for something, anything to have beef over.

Keep worshipping a dude that wouldn't do a **** thing for you, unless it directly benefited him. There's nothing for me to be jealous about in regards to Deion, I'm not dazzled by a wannabe pimp, and I'm doing just fine financially.

Dabo is a scumbag too, just because he's a POS, doesn't mean we have to give Deion a free pass, just because he's Black like us. The issue I have with Deion isn't that he's running this scam, it's more that we all know that when push comes to shove, Deion only cares about Deion. Maybe if we had a track record of Deion doing for others, I'd be like "Hey, we can all come up from this, even if Deion gets the bulk of the benefits", but dude has never been that way. People forget that he had no problem putting his name on a diploma mill, which left a ton of kids in desperate straits. He never bothered to try to make it right, he just moved on. That's Deion.
Scumbaggery transcends all other factors.

If you were to replace black with white, and Deion with Trump, your statement would be exactly what some MAGA supporter would say. It's the same culty nonsense. Then again, con men are great at bringing out that emotion from the people they fleece. Deion isn't self validated, self validated men aren't insecure, they don't run around like a teenage girl expecting everyone to kiss their behind and if they don't, whine and pout. There's a reason why he is always looking for something, anything to have beef over.

Keep worshipping a dude that wouldn't do a **** thing for you, unless it directly benefited him. There's nothing for me to be jealous about in regards to Deion, I'm not dazzled by a wannabe pimp, and I'm doing just fine financially.
Triggered and Jealous.

I’m not worshipping a dude because I can see that you, people like you and the media hate him and are jealous of him and have the nerve to simply call it what it is. U feel the need to jump to the opposite extreme, “worship” to counteract your extreme Hate and Jealousy. Everything else is just babble and a smokescreen. Deflections for those trying to throw rocks and hide their hands.

Advertisement
I agree 100%. I don't like to see Sapp or Irvin or the Rock in Buffalo gear, unless maybe if they have a child at that school. But I don't think it is only about Deion being a friend, former colleague, teammate, or only about his super star status. Deion being a black coach PLUS all of the aforementioned is also part of the equation. Some people don't like it. It's clear they don't. Some people actually are very offended at the prospect of that, which I don't understand. It actually disgusts some people for a black man to blatantly say "I want to see Prime do well." Because you know, let's name some of the others: Kevin Sumlin, Randy Shannon, Charlie Strong, Freeman is at Notre Dame, Shaw, Herm Edwards. NONE of them, maybe except Sumlin or Shaw, have been able to generate the excitement he has. Results remain to be seen but he is off to a good start.

It's a real thing and I am struggling to see why it's wrong, when you consider the standing and history of black coaches in the power 5 ranks. Some are going to facepalm this post, disagree with it, dislike it. And I haven't the slightest idea why it would bother anyone.

Listen, whether it's Toney Dungy, Mike Tomlin, Doug Williams winning the super bowl, Barak Obama the presidency. It is going to generate excitement within our community.
As a black man there wasn’t much support for those guys, at least not openly. Folks can’t pick and choose when they wanna “support the culture.” This is more about folks liking Deion more than anything else in my opinion.

Advertisement
Ask yourself this… would Deion come and openly support Miami if the roles were reversed?

Survey says….

1695047947648.gif

Warren Sapp was fired from the NFL Network 8 years ago for soliciting a prostitute.

His police interrogation video was hilarious. Warren thought prostitution was legal everywhere in Nevada and told the police exactly what happened. His reaction when he found out that he snitched on himself and was going to be arrested was priceless.

Advertisement
Back