BuffsInsight: The Coach Deion Sanders from JSU to Colorado Mega Thread

You know that Warren Sapp doesn't have any friends. Ask @Brooklyndee .

I grew up near Warren. Nobody has anything nice to say about him. Warren's got even fewer friends than Deion has F$U teammates who like him.
Great Cane....but a POS as a Human being...I've got a plethora of bad stories about him, and @Brooklyndee has even more.

Advertisement
Deion needed a coaching job to take advantage of certain commercial opportunities. You think those Geico commercials are happening if Deion is working at the NFL Network? That's what was always funny about his cultists bragging that Deion was working at a reduced salary. He made a TON from commercials that came along because he was coaching and back in the news. Like I said before, JSU got something out of it, but honestly a lot of it was fleeting. They are right back at square one because the celebrities that were jocking Deion went right back to ignoring HBCUs, mostly because most of our celebrities today are poorly educated and have little to no understanding of the unique place those institutions have played in our history.

Maybe people wouldn't feel some kind of way had Deion not preyed on an institution that had been neglected for decades. When you tell people "God told me that I needed to be here" and "I am doing this for our people" , but the moment you have any success, you have your agent attempting to link you to any and every job that comes open, it's a con job. If Deion would have approached this like any other coach and said "I'm happy to be at JSU, I feel like I have a job to do here and I'm going to do the best I can to win on the field", people would have known what was up.
“Like any other coach” Other coaches aren’t opportunists? Other coaches don’t market themselves and position themselves for higher pay and better opportunities? No other coach gets a microphone put in front of his face as much as Coach Sanders does. What you are experiencing is overexposure and his attempt to keep it too real. His interviews are not rehearsed with pre-planned pre-thought out answers, so he talks from his emotions and now that’s an issue too.

He learned from the best. He hasn’t done anything one thousand other coaches have done in the past. He has just done it faster, with flare and has made it look good and too easy. People hate that they love it. He is being judged to higher moral standard. You brought up good debatable points in the first paragraph but unfortunately most Deion haters aren’t in need of solid debatable arguments against him. If you would have just said “F$&k him” you would have received 100 likes easy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There were a number of alumni on the sidelines for A&M. Maybe not the Michael Irvins, Ed Reeds, etc but I believe Bernie Kosar was there along with more recent alumni.

I've wondered if the University &/or Mario has kept Irvin a bit at arms length given his recent legal troubles...

I don't know if the Rock was wearing Miami gear - he wasn't during his GameDay appearance. He talked up Miami quite a bit during that and was very complimentary and supportive of Mario and what he has done so far. He was brought in by ESPN.

All of that being said, I don't have a problem with Zo calling it out. I think he made his point without being over the top. I saw the Michael Irvin social media post and thought it was pretty weird, too. But like Deion, Irvin likes the bright lights. Warren Sapp joining Deion's staff is actually funny, IMO. I seem to recall he was miffed a few years ago that his " coaching help" wasn't welcomed when Richt took over as coach.

Should be interesting to see what, if anything, comes out of this....

I feel Zo’s statement and honor his right to express it. I feel the way he feels seeing them supporting in that way. It is/was over the top for Canes. I support Deion the man. The Foundational Black American, the father, the husband, the coach and leader of young men.

Zo can express himself however he wants. I do wish it was behind closed doors but oh well. And Deion can as well. He doesn’t have to be what someone subjectively deems to be “humble”.

The media keeps openly and personally doubting him and anticipating his collapse. The media makes everything surrounding him personal and about him. But the hater says, “he is making it all about himself and not the kids”. Purposely ignoring the context and line of questioning, in order to establish a false narrative. The more hate he receives the more love we have for him. We’ve seen this before. We have 500 years of experience with this. Whether consciously done or subconsciously felt, we know what the basis of all of this is. It’s old news.

awkward big gulps GIF

Advertisement
Non story to you but to Zo and possibly some other alums it’s not…
then maybe they should match the rocks donations bc his name is still up on the football lockerroom. he put his money where his mouth is. the rock can do w.e. he wants. he donates to UM and he helps the program in the way we need it.

Advertisement
That's what's going on is he's paying them. All the same that **** disgusts me. Not only cause **** Colorado who's negative recruiting against us . But more importantly **** deion who's the reason they negative recruit against us & that ***** a joke. How many more basic teams will get cheated out of games against them or give away games and praise deion for that? Even before his team... @SWFLHurricane **** deion. If it ain't a cane it ain't right & **** if that dude could pay me enough to **** on us and support him. Duane and Mike are the ones I've had words with over this. Anyone who knows warren knows he's just an opportunist and don't give a **** about nothing but himself and BBQ.
Post of the year

Deion is using great miami players from totally different eras to negatively recruit against miami now? Are we serious here man lol?

He doesn't seem to have an issue making **** up about UM so why would rhis be any different. But hey it was just a guess on my part.

Advertisement
The issue is that Deion is a conman, a dude that has NEVER, EVER given a **** about the culture or our people. As I said in a previous thread, he had no problem being a company man, parroting nonsense until they stopped patting him on the head. Then he suddenly gave a crap, by taking the JSU job, knowing full well he didn't give a **** about that institution either. He was there in an attempt to cut the line in regards to climbing the coaching ranks, and it worked, and to be honest, was an inspired idea. Amazing that as soon as someone came calling, he ran out the door, and his "We're going to do something for the culture, we're going to bring it back" rhetoric went as well. Maybe I wouldn't have a problem with the guy had he kept his mouth shut and not brought in God and everything else, when it was all BS, but he was running an obvious con.

Amazing that all those celebrities that showed up to Jackson to ride his jock magically forgot that school existed once the circus left town. JSU is right back to square one, but hey, at least they got some facility improvements out of it, and an ESPN Gameday appearance. What's even worse that Deion and his people "Borrowed" a lot of the HBCU experience, and brought it to a place where 2% of the student body is Black. Bet you that if he has any significant success at CU, he will try to erase JSU from his narrative.

He's hiding behind our people, just like the prosperity preachers that rob our community of wealth. They use "If you are against me, you are racist" to deflect any and all accountability. Deion is free to do whatever he wants, but keep this in mind: Neither he nor the rest of these Black celebrities ever bothered to support guys like Ty Willingham, David Shaw, Randy Shannon, etc. David Shaw was winning at STANFORD for years, it would have been nice had Black celebrities supported him like older Black celebrities supported John Thompson at Georgetown and John Chaney at Temple. That didn't happen, because our celebrities are trash now and the ones that aren't are aging out. I'll never get how we went from Harry Belafonte and Sidney Poitier to Offset and Lil Wayne. It's going to be a sad day when Denzel Washington, Sam Jackson and that generation leave the scene because the bench is weak.

Amazing how someone like Warren Sapp gave minimal if any significant support to Randy Shannon, a brother he KNOWS. Randy coached Sapp, but then again, Warren is a POS so I'm not all that shocked. Warren will jump on any bandwagon, and I am willing to bet people like Zo could do without him being around the program. He's an alum, but honestly, he's that dude at the class reunion no one really wants to deal with.
Brilliant post

“Like any other coach” Other coaches aren’t opportunists? Other coaches don’t market themselves and position themselves for higher pay and better opportunities? No other coach gets a microphone put in front of his face as much as Coach Sanders does. What you are experiencing is overexposure and his attempt to keep it too real. His interviews are not rehearsed with pre-planned pre-thought out answers, so he talks from his emotions and now that’s an issue too.

He learned from the best. He hasn’t done anything one thousand other coaches have done in the past. He has just done it faster, with flare and has made it look good and too easy. People hate that they love it. He is being judged to higher moral standard. You brought up good debatable points in the first paragraph but unfortunately most Deion haters aren’t in need of solid debatable arguments against him. If you would have just said “F$&k him” you would have received 100 likes easy.

Coaches are opportunists, as are most people. That said, few have utilized the HBCU in the way Deion has, and then had the nerve to pretend that it's everyone else that is the problem. Here's an idea, don't bring God into it, don't leverage the decades of institutional neglect heaped upon schools like JSU and then as soon as some money comes along, you're out the door. Amazing how any criticism about your lord and savior Deion Sanders is automatically labelled as "hating", nah, it's called accountability. He isn't keeping it too real, he's a disingenuous dude that thinks that all of us will be dazzled by some gold chains and a halfassed Black power speech. He's Creflo Dollar with a whistle and a lot of us don't buy it.

There were a number of alumni on the sidelines for A&M. Maybe not the Michael Irvins, Ed Reeds, etc but I believe Bernie Kosar was there along with more recent alumni.

I've wondered if the University &/or Mario has kept Irvin a bit at arms length given his recent legal troubles...

I don't know if the Rock was wearing Miami gear - he wasn't during his GameDay appearance. He talked up Miami quite a bit during that and was very complimentary and supportive of Mario and what he has done so far. He was brought in by ESPN.

All of that being said, I don't have a problem with Zo calling it out. I think he made his point without being over the top. I saw the Michael Irvin social media post and thought it was pretty weird, too. But like Deion, Irvin likes the bright lights. Warren Sapp joining Deion's staff is actually funny, IMO. I seem to recall he was miffed a few years ago that his " coaching help" wasn't welcomed when Richt took over as coach.

Should be interesting to see what, if anything, comes out of this....
Well, considering Miami was honoring the 1983 National Championship team, of course Bernie and at least 30 alumni were there on the sidelines.

Advertisement
Back