BuffsInsight: The Coach Deion Sanders from JSU to Colorado Mega Thread

I said that, I’m only a couple posts above you. Just quote me. Imo, I don’t think he’s a threat. We lost 2 5star DBs to him. It hurts but Imo if they played any other positions they would have went somewhere else. Unless this man is winning a championship, our main recruits aren’t just going to Colorado.

Hope you are right.

Advertisement
I said that, I’m only a couple posts above you. Just quote me. Imo, I don’t think he’s a threat. We lost 2 5star DBs to him. It hurts but Imo if they played any other positions they would have went somewhere else. Unless this man is winning a championship, our main recruits aren’t just going to Colorado.
I should have but I don't believe you are the only one with that mindset and I wholeheartedly disagree when the people you are recruiting are young and easily influenced.

Advertisement
Meyer has always been seen as a trash bag, Dabo is seen as a hypocrite. This is something I've noticed in the Deion camp. There's always this deflection in regards to the guy, forgetting that we as a people have to rise above. We can't afford to pretend that there isn't a double standard, we have to find a way to win despite the obstacles placed in front of us.

What makes what Deion did at JSU so abhorrent is that for us that know the history of HBCUs, we knew full well he was preying on desperation brought on by decades of neglect. Deion knew little about HBCUs, he just saw an opportunity to leverage his fame to get what he wanted without having to go through the trials and tribulations other Black coaches fight through. Bomani Jones said it perfectly "Deion wasn't interested in supporting and building up HBCUs, he was interested in building up HBC"U"" Once he got what we wanted, he bailed. JSU got something out of it, but Deion got the bulk of the benefit. The problem is that he got his, left and now this school is right back where they were before, just with a couple of baubles to show for it. Oh, and now they have to live with that even a dude that didn't need the money or the fame bailed the first moment he could, because underneath it all, he saw HBCUs as less than. That bothers me, because HBCUs serve a key societal purpose, and we need to protect them.

See just like in your last post your hate foreshadows and you throw out wrongs.

Deion Sanders coached Youth ball, Then High School for years before going to JSU of all places.

He didnt have to do ANY of it..He's Deion Sanders he couldve made a call and had an nfl job or college assistant job rather easily.

So the not going through the whole trials and tribulations is B.S.

Did you go to an HBCU?. Honestly do you know him just going there to coach brought in more enrollment for the school and financial gains, added to what he did for his facilities personally?. I know of altleast 4 recent high school grads that went to JSU ...just for school that never would of even looked that way, and 2 of them were female.
Dude made it cool for former NFL guys to maybe take on an HBCU job.

Mans said he was preying on desperation, and he knew nothing of HBCU's though he went to college in Tally home to one of the most renown HBCU'S.

Hate have to cape for dude but geez. Cut the B.S. Dude rubs you wrong cause hes abrasive and a nole...just stick to that. Some of yalla re starting to sound like the same folks/fans that hate everything about the Canes.

CU is gona get beat up int he coming weeks, just let it happen and the hype die down. None of yall had em winning 3 games anyway. I hope Danny Kanell f*cking with him gets him to picking off more fsu guys an staying out our hair

Hope you are right.
I should have but I don't believe you are the only one with that mindset and I wholeheartedly disagree when the people you are recruiting are young and easily influenced.

I think kids go where they want for the most part. Regret usually sets in if things don’t go as plan but even then most kids accept their reality. Now where it’s an informed decision is another story. That being said, this is my opinion.

Sapp is a horrible alum. Never gave back and never came around to support. Weird to see Irvin and The Rock doing this though…

I’m with Zo on this 100%. Colorado won’t make it out of their conference. They’ll get slaughtered by USC and Oregon…

It was an obvious call out, you’re just dense af.

I guess you don’t understand what a call out is. But that’s ok, because you’re a ******* con-man that has to make his money by stealing it from the gullible, and you’re calling me dense?

In case anybody doesn’t understand what I’m talking about, this is the clown that took your money and put a sign on a lawn truck for half a day.

Advertisement
And you don’t have to agree with my opinion. Aren’t you posting in this forum responding to a topic? I’m responding as well. That’s engagement. I’m just saying, they are friends. Their former teams aren’t going to outweigh their friendships. Friends support friends. That’s why Irvin is supporting his former teammate and Sapp is supporting his former colleague. Imo, it’s not hard to understand.

They. Are. Not. Friends.

That's just some bull**** that you keep repeating, but it doesn't make it true.

Michael Irvin is the only one of those three that has any kind of relationship with Michael Irvin, because they were teammates for a couple of years.

But Dwayne and Warren are NOT friends with Deion.

Just stop repeating a lie.

Deion needed a coaching job to take advantage of certain commercial opportunities. You think those Geico commercials are happening if Deion is working at the NFL Network? That's what was always funny about his cultists bragging that Deion was working at a reduced salary. He made a TON from commercials that came along because he was coaching and back in the news. Like I said before, JSU got something out of it, but honestly a lot of it was fleeting. They are right back at square one because the celebrities that were jocking Deion went right back to ignoring HBCUs, mostly because most of our celebrities today are poorly educated and have little to no understanding of the unique place those institutions have played in our history.

Maybe people wouldn't feel some kind of way had Deion not preyed on an institution that had been neglected for decades. When you tell people "God told me that I needed to be here" and "I am doing this for our people" , but the moment you have any success, you have your agent attempting to link you to any and every job that comes open, it's a con job. If Deion would have approached this like any other coach and said "I'm happy to be at JSU, I feel like I have a job to do here and I'm going to do the best I can to win on the field", people would have known what was up.
Now the bolded i do agree with you on. I do know he is a christian but all that was hoopla when i heard it. Reeks of TD JAKES and the other guys he runs around with.

I disagree and dont think Deion Sanders got commercial opportunities because he was a coach at Jackson State. lol He always got those looks, its even easier with whom his girlfriend is and has been for some time.

I guess you don’t understand what a call out is. But that’s ok, because you’re a ******* con-man that has to make his money by stealing it from the gullible, and you’re calling me dense?

In case anybody doesn’t understand what I’m talking about, this is the clown that took your money and put a sign on a lawn truck for half a day.

Literally no one else in this thread is arguing that it’s not a call out, because it obviously is. If said alums didn’t go and put on the CU Jersey, Alonzo wouldn’t be talking about not doing it. But you’re struggling with that and getting all mad like a dense **** lol

Hey no matter what he said, he gave them a good quality team for 2 years. Something they hadn’t seen for decades. They are back to square one because of other issues. The coaches have to coach and recruit. The celebrities are still attending games but if they lose they won’t. I can understand your point if the school got nothing out of it. Endorsement deals, facility upgrades, increased enrollment, and the celebrity attendance are still there (Diddy attended the first game of the season). They just have to win. And he can’t control what happens at other programs. AAMU, Southern, Grambling, BCU (another issue), and ASU have to carry their weight.
This is what i dont get all the hating coming about the HBCU side...all of the bolded indeed happen.

The crazy part is I always have to call out folks who jumped on this whole Deion hurt HBCU kick on my social media timelines as well...and its ALWAYS folks who didnt go to an HBCU, never supported an HBCU or sent their kids there.

This is how bad it was ...around the time Deion first took the JSU job i had high school kids asking me why i chose to go to an HBCU over other colleges, these were kids who aint even get div 3 offers but looked down at me going to an HBCU. I went there cause my father did and alot of my family and i grew up in a time (90S EARLY 2000S) and around a community that supported it or promoted it at all times similar to how Deion did. (TV SHOWS, MOVIES,ETC)

Advertisement
They. Are. Not. Friends.

Michael Irvin is the only one of those three that has any kind of relationship with Michael Irvin, because they were teammates for a couple of years.

I think Sapp has worked for years with Deion on NFL network though, thats the connection

That much has been clear for a while - his social media is just him shilling his products. The next time he says no to a film script will be the first time.

Dude lost his way a long time ago, it's hard to watch.
Ehh. Hard to say that. He's not plugging just his own products. He gets a million a post... that's not too shabby when you have a BIG family. Far as the turning down a script,you'd be surprised. His thing is with Dany he has a production company. He goes around bidding on scripts right and left and gets **** tons submitted to him regularly. I only know this cause I used to mess with him about the same exact thing. So he showed me otherwise. Wifey really is a mastermind with that ****.

Advertisement
So Deion didn't troll the **** out of us and take our highest rated recruit last cycle?
He negative recruited the **** out of us with t-rob and lied about us while calling recruits he wasn't even offering. He was literally ****ting on us with blatant lies. & anyone that Thinks he wouldn't try the same at fspoo is crazy.

So Deion didn't troll the **** out of us and take our highest rated recruit last cycle?
He out recruited us, which is his job lol all that troll **** is for overly emotional fans.. Wtf is other coaches supposed to not go after the top players in the country?

And alonzo said in his post he supports deion so what tf sense does it make to get online and question your fellow canes love for the U? That **** is lame to me, it’s obvious they are supporting their friend.

They have represented for us for decades, put in work here and then help build and expand the brand but now with this one situation u get online and take a shot at them? That **** is lame bruh

They. Are. Not. Friends.

How tf would u know???

Advertisement
Back