Bud Elliot Said Treon Harris Is "Looking Around"

Advertisement
As great as FSU is right now tell me whos there starting qb next year? John Franklin? JJ Constentino? Tbh this looks like the school thatll let him start at qb and they're the NCs but he's looking around? Seriously does nobody think that he knows he's getting played by them?

Uh Jameis Winston is their QB next year. Now the following year from what I hear up here JJ is Jimbos hand picked QB of the future.

Jimbo brings in at least one QB recruit a season there will be 4 to 5 QB fight it out for the job, the next QB after jameis is going to be Coker he will have one season left then the job will be up for grabs
Nah, Coker is gone. He is most likely transfering to Bama. He graduated already and can just jump ship and not have to sit out a year just like Renfrow.

A week ago Coker said he was staying at FSU, he might change his mind but for now he has said he is staying

As great as FSU is right now tell me whos there starting qb next year? John Franklin? JJ Constentino? Tbh this looks like the school thatll let him start at qb and they're the NCs but he's looking around? Seriously does nobody think that he knows he's getting played by them?

Uh Jameis Winston is their QB next year. Now the following year from what I hear up here JJ is Jimbos hand picked QB of the future.

Jimbo brings in at least one QB recruit a season there will be 4 to 5 QB fight it out for the job, the next QB after jameis is going to be Coker he will have one season left then the job will be up for grabs
Nah, Coker is gone. He is most likely transfering to Bama. He graduated already and can just jump ship and not have to sit out a year just like Renfrow.

A week ago Coker said he was staying at FSU, he might change his mind but for now he has said he is staying

Missed that....
They thought he was gonna bounce to Bama though. It really doesnt make any sense for him either for him. Cause he will only have one year at FSU, while he could be the head guy at Bama for two years. Maybe the guy believes he can somehow win the job or worse, Jimbo is just such a pimp that he convinced him to stay, that would be impressive.....

Missed that....
They thought he was gonna bounce to Bama though. It really doesnt make any sense for him either for him. Cause he will only have one year at FSU, while he could be the head guy at Bama for two years. Maybe the guy believes he can somehow win the job or worse, Jimbo is just such a pimp that he convinced him to stay, that would be impressive.....

how would he have 2 years at bama and only 1 at FSU?

Missed that....

how would he have 2 years at bama and only 1 at FSU?
2 years starting at Bama and 1 year starting at FSU. Im gonna go out on a limb and say that Winston starts for FSU next year.

Advertisement
We have kaaya so why go after treon? It could potentially ruffle kaayas feathers

We've had 3 QB's committed with kayaa before, why would it matter now? And with Stephen leaving, that dude that went to baseball, and Dewey probably not sticking around an extra QB won't hurt. At worse he can run scout QB when we play dual threat QB's

I have a feeling he will end being a gayturd.
They will sell him on the new offensive system.
Promise him they will run an "Oregon" style of offense.

I tend to agree with you. I can't see the positive for him going to UM or FSU with the talent they have, and have coming in. If he wants to play UF would be a wise route.

The gators have Grier coming in

He is much better than Grier, IMO.

Who? Treon?

Advertisement
I have a feeling he will end being a gayturd.
They will sell him on the new offensive system.
Promise him they will run an "Oregon" style of offense.

I tend to agree with you. I can't see the positive for him going to UM or FSU with the talent they have, and have coming in. If he wants to play UF would be a wise route.

The gators have Grier coming in

He is much better than Grier, IMO.

Who? Treon?

Yeah he is talking about Treon harris

Last edited:

Jameis Winston?

So many of us have been saying forever that you recruit Treon as a QB, let him have a shot, and see how the chips fall. One of the 3 possible outcomes:

1. Kid proves everyone wrong and starts at QB.
2. Kid realizes he won't start at QB, changes position, and becomes a stud because he's a football player with a high football IQ.
3. Kid transfers to a place where he can play QB if he gets beat out here.

There isn't a person on this board that can convince me that he's not as good as Rozier at a min.

Agree with all who have said that this is a kid who is respected, would have repped the U, and would have had an impact on some other local guys. It just makes too much sense.

Disappointed because Golden should know better. Recruiting is supposed to be a game that he plays well. This last min change of heart, while nice in that it actually occurred, should have never even occurred. Treon should have been recruited from jump.

Option 4: he fails to beat out Kaaya; never plays a down here and Ice vows to never send another recruit our way

Advertisement
I don't know enough about his pull with some of the other local kids, but the reason it's so frustrating to have played this one as we have is because this seems like a dude who would have committed and repped for us.

I can see reasons to not offer him at QB, but if we were going to do it, it should have been done a lot earlier.

You got one QB that was only recently offered and seems to headed to FSU or UF. He's interested, maybe, in looking around.

The other has a thread entitled "he's here". His recruitment has been full of breathless wondering if he will stick despite the fact he has done nothing but talked about the U. He is described as THE MOST IMPORTANT recruit in the class by many. Coach flies 3000 miles to see him and have breakfast with him the SAME day that the kid flies to the U for his official visit. His cookie cake will have the most views of any that came before it.

I don't see how the first one figures to play at the U?

I'd like to get them all but I don't see how this ends well for UM with Harris...

Unless he is coming to the realization that maybe he really isn't a big-time college QB and he is more open to playing another position, but just hasn't admitted it openly yet. He HAS to know that FSU is playing him as far as them expecting him to be a QB. Looking at our depth chart and our offensive system, he must also know that even if we say we'll give him a shot at QB, he's not a fit and will be competing against two prototypical pro-style offense QBs that also are/were highly ranked recruits at the position, which means he has almost no shot at QB. Now if UF revamps their offense to mimic Oregon, then he may well be a much better fit there as a QB...but he will also have little chance at going pro than if he spent time at FSU or UM developing into another position where he can use his amazing athleticism.

Advertisement
So many of us have been saying forever that you recruit Treon as a QB, let him have a shot, and see how the chips fall. One of the 3 possible outcomes:

1. Kid proves everyone wrong and starts at QB.
2. Kid realizes he won't start at QB, changes position, and becomes a stud because he's a football player with a high football IQ.
3. Kid transfers to a place where he can play QB if he gets beat out here.

There isn't a person on this board that can convince me that he's not as good as Rozier at a min.

Agree with all who have said that this is a kid who is respected, would have repped the U, and would have had an impact on some other local guys. It just makes too much sense.

Disappointed because Golden should know better. Recruiting is supposed to be a game that he plays well. This last min change of heart, while nice in that it actually occurred, should have never even occurred. Treon should have been recruited from jump.

You forgot scenario 4, and it is every bit as likely as your 1-3.

4. Kid gets beaten out at QB and buried in the depth chart by our pro-style QBs in our pro-style offense. He and his father publicly gripe about how he was never given a fair chance and how Golden is giving preferential treatment to those OOS QBs over the home grown talent.

Pete my question for you is this....

If treon commits does Brad ditch us?

I can't imagine why he would. Brad is a better talent at QB, and Brad is a pro-style QB who will be playing in a pro-style system. Little chance that he has much to worry about from Treon.

Option 5: He'll come here, beat out Kayaa and everybody else and the fanbase acts like they all knew he would be the next Russell Wilson/Johnny Manziel

Advertisement
Back