I understand what you're trying to do/say. A LOT of what you have said is true, however a LOT of what you said also is either untrue or lacks the understanding of the nuance behind it. Let's use your Myson example. What you wrote is true, by all accounts he was our #1 target and we didn't want to match Auburn. However, you're using an RB and the associated budget for him and his position to justify what you're saying about a different player playing a different position. You don't see the difference? Also, these things are not simply interchangeable and binary in nature. Each situation, each player, each deal is different. There is no "formula" or set budget. There may be guidelines. There may be some budgeting and some positions/players may have budgeted allocations. However it's been shown time and again that there isn't any real set budget by position.
I don't know if what I wrote makes sense to you or not. I am trying to be respectful (it's hard man - pause) as I reply back and forth. Pardon me if it comes out clunky.