2028 Brysen Wright WR Mandarin

Kobe Bryant What GIF
People keep messing up this “budget” thing

It’s been confirmed and proven if we identify someone we think changes the team, there is no budget. Cantwell was a good example

I’m sure Wright fits into this category. There is no budget when it comes to landing him and his money doesn’t effect us going after other recruits
 
Would you agree that we tend not to pay for WR? Not in the portal. No Cut is the 1st one. But again there's other players we are targeting, he's not the only 1. Sears IMO is the more important recruit as is Asher.
We’ve tried to pay for WRs in the past we just didn’t land them

I get what you’re saying but yes we’ve been promising WRs big money for a long time they just ultimately went elsewhere since other teams pay big too (until now anyway)
 
What did he do? He said he's the most important recruit in years, which he is. He didn't say he makes or breaks the program. He didn't even insinuate that.

And to your next point, yes, we are 1-0 vs the other player referenced. That's great.

Put that "other player" on our roster, and we win a national championship last year. He's that good, so he's that important.

You need good players to have a good football team. It's of the utmost important to secure said good players when you have a chance. This kid is far better than "good". He shifts the trajectory of an entire team. Take JJ off Taint in 2024, do they win the natty? Nobody knows for sure, but I don't think you'd get much pushback if you said "no, they do not". He's that good. So is Wright. So no, it cannot possibly be overstated how important this kid is. You wanna win natties? You need kids like this. Secure him, by literally any means possible. He's a freak of nature and makes your team several levels better simply by having him on your roster.
I don't think Mario is going to pay for him. It's not what we do. I hope we focus more on A'mir Sears. I'd rate him as of more importance as he plays a more premium position at Mario/Mirabol HS

Would be nice to get both, but we are going after the #1, #2, and #3 players in 2028. Not even peak Bama with the bags and free cars rolled like that.
Mario doesn’t pay for him. The collective et al do.
We have four 5 stars committed right now. You think those guys are getting paid? I do.
Would you agree that we tend not to pay for WR? Not in the portal. No Cut is the 1st one. But again there's other players we are targeting, he's not the only 1. Sears IMO is the more important recruit as is Asher.
I don’t have access to their payroll. I would be willing to say though that every single top dog WR we’ve gone after have had large and competitive offers. JJ. Ryan Wingo. Other dudes we’ve missed on recently that I can’t think of. We may have gotten Mali on the cheap last year, but I’m certain he is getting paid big time now.

Sears is a DB. We may tell him he will play both, but I’ve said a few things to some girls over the years that may not have been exactly as initially reported.
Yes and we have our premium WR on the roster. 2 of them. We go after QB, trenches, and CB. That's where you pay. If Wright wants in sure no doubt about we would be in the mix with a bid, but I doubt it would be the top offer. Could be wrong. But what I'm saying is based on logic, and out past.
 
Yes and we have our premium WR on the roster. 2 of them. We go after QB, trenches, and CB. That's where you pay. If Wright wants in sure no doubt about we would be in the mix with a bid, but I doubt it would be the top offer. Could be wrong. But what I'm saying is based on logic, and out past.
Mali won't be here by the time Wright comes in. Mario has 2 top 10 players committed in the 27 class, both at positions you claim we don't pay as much as others. If staff feels the player they're going after is good enough, they will pay him just as good, if not better than any other team recruiting that player
 
What did he do? He said he's the most important recruit in years, which he is. He didn't say he makes or breaks the program. He didn't even insinuate that.

And to your next point, yes, we are 1-0 vs the other player referenced. That's great.

Put that "other player" on our roster, and we win a national championship last year. He's that good, so he's that important.

You need good players to have a good football team. It's of the utmost important to secure said good players when you have a chance. This kid is far better than "good". He shifts the trajectory of an entire team. Take JJ off Taint in 2024, do they win the natty? Nobody knows for sure, but I don't think you'd get much pushback if you said "no, they do not". He's that good. So is Wright. So no, it cannot possibly be overstated how important this kid is. You wanna win natties? You need kids like this. Secure him, by literally any means possible. He's a freak of nature and makes your team several levels better simply by having him on your roster.
I don't think Mario is going to pay for him. It's not what we do. I hope we focus more on A'mir Sears. I'd rate him as of more importance as he plays a more premium position at Mario/Mirabol HS

Would be nice to get both, but we are going after the #1, #2, and #3 players in 2028. Not even peak Bama with the bags and free cars rolled like that.
Mario doesn’t pay for him. The collective et al do.
We have four 5 stars committed right now. You think those guys are getting paid? I do.
Would you agree that we tend not to pay for WR? Not in the portal. No Cut is the 1st one. But again there's other players we are targeting, he's not the only 1. Sears IMO is the more important recruit as is Asher.
I don’t have access to their payroll. I would be willing to say though that every single top dog WR we’ve gone after have had large and competitive offers. JJ. Ryan Wingo. Other dudes we’ve missed on recently that I can’t think of. We may have gotten Mali on the cheap last year, but I’m certain he is getting paid big time now.

Sears is a DB. We may tell him he will play both, but I’ve said a few things to some girls over the years that may not have been exactly as initially reported.
Yes and we have our premium WR on the roster. 2 of them. We go after QB, trenches, and CB. That's where you pay. If Wright wants in sure no doubt about we would be in the mix with a bid, but I doubt it would be the top offer. Could be wrong. But what I'm saying is based on logic, and out past.
I don’t have any knowledge as to how funds are allocated or the strategy they apply. Recent past suggests they will pay top dollar for any recruit they deem worthy. Most of those who are worthy seem to be trench players, edges and CBs. Please note I’m using a lot of words like “seem” and “suggest.”
 
I don't think Mario is going to pay for him. It's not what we do. I hope we focus more on A'mir Sears. I'd rate him as of more importance as he plays a more premium position at Mario/Mirabol HS

Would be nice to get both, but we are going after the #1, #2, and #3 players in 2028. Not even peak Bama with the bags and free cars rolled like that.
Delete Spongebob Squarepants GIF
 
Mali won't be here by the time Wright comes in. Mario has 2 top 10 players committed in the 27 class, both at positions you claim we don't pay as much as others. If staff feels the player they're going after is good enough, they will pay him just as good, if not better than any other team recruiting that player
We also let our top RB walk.
 
I said what I said. Resources are NOT unlimited and Championships are won with QB's, trenches, and CB. That's the premium positions.

Oh and we didn't pay for our top RB this cycle who woulda come otherwise. We let him go.

I get what you’re trying to say, and most cases I’d probably agree with you but not in this case for Wright. He is generational, and they don’t want to miss out on another JS type impact perimeter player. We are also devoting a ton of time and resources to him NOW. I don’t think they’d be doing that if they weren’t ready to play ball. When you have a chance to sign a kid like this, and we do, you do whatever it takes. JMO.

Do I think we go 3/3 with those guys? No, because that has never happened and is extremely unprecedented but at this point I’d be disappointed if we don’t land 2 of them. Not to mention there is a 0000000000% chance that their ranking order ends up what it is right now anyway.
 
I get what you’re trying to say, and most cases I’d probably agree with you but not in this case for Wright. He is generational, and they don’t want to miss out on another JS type impact perimeter player. We are also devoting a ton of time and resources to him NOW. I don’t think they’d be doing that if they weren’t ready to play ball. When you have a chance to sign a kid like this, and we do, you do whatever it takes. JMO.

Do I think we go 3/3 with those guys? No, because that has never happened and is extremely unprecedented but at this point I’d be disappointed if we don’t land 2 of them. Not to mention there is a 0000000000% chance that their ranking order ends up what it is right now anyway.
Yes I agree with this. But I think Jett Harrison was rated higher than Wright somewhere. So I am just not buying this generational stuff. JJ is also faster. Wright is not JJ.

I want the CB. For all the talk about JJ, did y'all not see OJ basically eliminating him in the 1st half? Give me the CB.
 
This is a silly discussion. Miami was willing to pay whatever it took for JJ. ****, they're *STILL* trying to pay him. They'll pay Wright whatever he wants, comparative to any other offer. They're recruiting the **** out of him right now, he's said they're recruiting him as hard as possible. You think they'll just wake up one day and say "Holy ****, we have to pay this kid?!?" Very short-sighted discussion here. Money will not be an issue with Wright. Mario isn't a moron, Dawson isn't a moron. They know exactly what they lost with JJ and they will do anything they can to not let it happen again.

If the offers are comparable, and he goes to Taint because he still trusts that lineage and development that JJ did, so be it. But with Mali in our corner and Hartline no longer in theirs, that gap is a lot closer than it's been in 20 years. But Mario will pay this kid, he's the best player in America, this is ******* dumb.
 
I said what I said. Resources are NOT unlimited and Championships are won with QB's, trenches, and CB. That's the premium positions.

Oh and we didn't pay for our top RB this cycle who woulda come otherwise. We let him go.

3/3 is the dream, 2/3 is the realistic target, 1/3 is a disappointment (I agree and so would the staff)

2028 is going to be another awesome class to track.

Maybe we get 12-15 guys and just make it a **** superstar squad 😂
 
This is a silly discussion. Miami was willing to pay whatever it took for JJ. ****, they're *STILL* trying to pay him. They'll pay Wright whatever he wants, comparative to any other offer. They're recruiting the **** out of him right now, he's said they're recruiting him as hard as possible. You think they'll just wake up one day and say "Holy ****, we have to pay this kid?!?" Very short-sighted discussion here. Money will not be an issue with Wright. Mario isn't a moron, Dawson isn't a moron. They know exactly what they lost with JJ and they will do anything they can to not let it happen again.

If the offers are comparable, and he goes to Taint because he still trusts that lineage and development that JJ did, so be it. But with Mali in our corner and Hartline no longer in theirs, that gap is a lot closer than it's been in 20 years. But Mario will pay this kid, he's the best player in America, this is ******* dumb.
When he likely goes elsewhere just remember what I said.

I'll take Asher and Sears.
 
This is not based in fact. CB will never outrank WR.
An elite DB will always be more valuable than an elite WR just based on the population of each. You can have an explosive offense especially in college with a group of good WRs, Miami 2 years ago shows that.
But if you don't have elite DBs, you will not win or be special on defense no matter how good the rest of your lineup is.
There is no reason why we should be in a position where we have to choose whether to pursue Wright or Sears based on finances. But if for some reason we are, Sears is 1 and Wright is 2. In fact, if you throw in Ghioto, then sorry but Wright goes to third priority.
Its QB, OL, DL and DB. The rest is great to have but those 4 win you big games if they are elite.
 
An elite DB will always be more valuable than an elite WR just based on the population of each. You can have an explosive offense especially in college with a group of good WRs, Miami 2 years ago shows that.
But if you don't have elite DBs, you will not win or be special on defense no matter how good the rest of your lineup is.
There is no reason why we should be in a position where we have to choose whether to pursue Wright or Sears based on finances. But if for some reason we are, Sears is 1 and Wright is 2. In fact, if you throw in Ghioto, then sorry but Wright goes to third priority.
Its QB, OL, DL and DB. The rest is great to have but those 4 win you big games if they are elite.
I don't know what you are using to support this fallacy, but I strongly disagree.
 
People keep messing up this “budget” thing

It’s been confirmed and proven if we identify someone we think changes the team, there is no budget. Cantwell was a good example

I’m sure Wright fits into this category. There is no budget when it comes to landing him and his money doesn’t effect us going after other recruits
If we lost him its just a cope for those not being able to take the L that someone out recruited Mario thats all. Something for those type a fans to fall back on in case we dont get him, they cant think of someone choosing another HC over Mario. Thats all that is
 
Back
Top