Bryan Robinson just decommitted

Advertisement
the issue is the truly elite kids are mostly leaving. if you want to contend for titles, you have to find a way to hit on those elite kids. winning helps, but it wont change the nature of recruiting, which is extra benefits will yield better results

people love to say that we don't need to stock our rosters with elite kids to win. That is theoretically true but you're gonna sit her and tell me that kids like Cook, Jeudy, Sony, Amari, et al wouldn't have made this team a good 1-2 wins better in a given season (and I'm not saying we needed all those guys, but we have to hit on 1-2 per cycle)?

exactly how we expect to land 4-5 star talent like we wasn't 7-6 last season? put yourself in the kids shoes they only seen miami decent one year lol im not going to miami either off the strength of them being a historic program...... we win 10-11 games the next 2-3 seasons i would imagine our recruiting class will be better.

football isn't rocket science lol

Exactly. Look I'm not an idiot and I realize some of these kids are chasing the cash but we gotta learn to crawl before we can walk. People here expecting top ranked recruiting classes when the football team is nowhere near top ranked.

If anything, our recruiting class rankings have been much higher over the last 15 years than our actual AP rankings.

Exactly. Look I'm not an idiot and I realize some of these kids are chasing the cash but we gotta learn to crawl before we can walk. People here expecting top ranked recruiting classes when the football team is nowhere near top ranked.

If anything, our recruiting class rankings have been much higher over the last 15 years than our actual AP rankings.

worked for ole miss under Freeze. gotta pay to land the top kids. ****, look at how pruitt recruits at UT this year.

If you want to attract the elite kids, you've gotta start winning more than 7-8 games a year. Before we concern ourselves with contending for titles, how about we start with beating the bad teams on our schedule every year first? If we win 10-11 games every year and still continue to miss out on elite kids, then we can complain. There's always going to be some kids that chase bags but to blame bags for kids not wanting to play for 7-6 Miami is pretty weak.

its more than that. you gotta pay up no matter how much you win. these kids think theyre good enough to turn any program around. if youre offering up more than the other school, youre not getting them

Advertisement
worked for ole miss under Freeze. gotta pay to land the top kids
How'd that work out? Did they even have any 10 win seasons while they were paying for kids? Paying off a small handful of 5 star players isn't going to make your team a contender. You already have to have the foundation of a winning program and a roster full of solid players before you can even think about cherry picking the bag kids. Do you think every kid on Clemson's roster is getting paid? You have to build your team into a solid contender first, then you can chase that handful of guys who can put you over the top.

Its sad breaks my heart but we are just a laughing stock at this point, numerous people want us back bad especially the media. When the media and rival fans r friendly to us u know its been miserable for a long time. When opposing fans say I miss Miami I know that hate is gone and we have been bad for a long time.
We still have the #5 class in the country.

Advertisement
This is why I always laugh at people pounding their chests over how great our classes look a year or more out.

This happens every. single. year.

Local kids commit to us early. Summer and early fall come. They realize other schools have interest. They tell us to f off. And every month our fans try to tell us the sky isn’t falling by reciting the company line of “we still have the ___ ranked class, bro!” Even as that number plummets the closer we get to signing day.

Miami is the homely high school girlfriend these kids have known since childhood. They promise the long distance will work. Then once they go off to college, Bama and Clemson walk in to the party with fat *** ****ies and sit on their lap and ask if they’ve ever had a threesome. Game over.

lol we not suppose to have a top 5 class when you 7-6

Advertisement
Our staff is green as ****. All of them have to prove it on the field.

Proven recruiters and proven developers of talent we don’t know just yet.....but 2019 is definitely a major season for us for trajectory of the program.

New coach hype ✅

New facilities ✅

Win on the field (TBD)

Win in recruiting (TBD)

We are all wishfully thinking and hoping great things for this staff but realistically thinking we’ve got many questions on the staff....

Win and we can land our share of kids

lol we not suppose to have a top 5 class when you 7-6

In today’s world we are never going to have top 5 classes (bags, rankings politics). If we are pulling top 12 classes with the occasional 6 or 7 class we’ll be winning ships (provided our coaching staff knows what to do with them).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back