Confirmed Bryan McClendon hired as Co-OC

Yes, at USC he has those guys on his resume as well as Shi Smith who was a late round pick and is still active for CAR I believe.

He was only at Oregon for 2 seasons with 1 being the covid year and this season they had arguably the worst QB in P5. He checks all of the boxes for me as far as an assistant coach goes. Grade A hire.
I feel like Isaiah mckenzie (Uga) who’s on the bills needed to be mentioned as well. He was productive when Gabriel Davis and Cole Beasly were out

Advertisement
They.... overlooked Mirabal......
Magnify Rick Moranis GIF

That’s cute, Cribby. Fact is, this WR class was stud filled. For me, I watch a chit load of FB (Thank you Sunday Ticket). For me, I’m seeing Chase do all of this w/ a yr off of football, as a rookie, playing w/ a 2nd yr QB coming off a major injury. He’s made Higgins better, already. The guy is just smoking defenders w/ ease & fluidity.

Now, I usually don’t say this, but, the ‘21 draft have the potential to go down as one of the best drafts in NFL history particularly from the WR position. ****, E Moore had an injury filled yr, but he was coming on as a NYJ. But imo, Chase is the best of the bunch. I was in love w/ him at LSU, and that’s carried over to the NFL.
Tee Higgins was playing well as a rookie and is pretty talented in his own right. He's exactly what you want in a #2 WR imo. So I wouldn't be accrediting a lot of his success to Chase. Secondly Burrow is already one of the most (statistically I think he's actually #1) accurate Qbs in the NFL. So saying "2nd yr QB coming off a major injury" sounds like you're trying to make it seem like Chase doesn't have an absolute stud throwing him the ball...

But yeah Chase is a Stud. Might be the best WR of the last 3 classes (and thats saying something!) The Bengals really got a great foundation offensively. But they really need to keep investing in the Oline or they aren't going to do **** with it when it counts (when all these guys are one their rookie deals).

Regarding the 21 draft at WR, I really don't get how Amon-Ra St. Brown fell to the 4th round.

But I don't think the 21 class at WR is going to be better than the 2020 or the 2019 class. I mean both have been pretty ******* good up to this point:

2020:
Hit: Jerry Jeudy, Ceedee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Chase Claypool, Darnell Mooney,
Solid: Laviska Shenault, Van Jefferson, Devin Duvernay (ST), Tyler Johnson, Quintez Cephus, KJ Osborn,
Miss: Jalen Reagor, KJ Hamler, Denzel Mims,
**** You: Henry Ruggs (Literally killed a lady), Bryan Edwards (T.O+Moss My ******* ***).... Raiders can't have nice things

2019:
Hit: Marquise Brown, Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Dionte Johnson, Terry McLaurin, Hunter Renfrow,
Solid: Mecole Hardman, Darius Slayton, Scotty Miller,
Miss: Nkeal Harry, JJ Arcega Whiteside, Parris Campbell, Andy Isabella, Jalen Hurd, Miles Boykin, (after round 3 it's not really a miss....)

Basically what this has taught me is whoever is in charge of drafting WR for the Eagles sucks....makes me think Devonta Smith will be a miss too. Could have had Metcalf and Justin Jefferson lol...

Tee Higgins was playing well as a rookie and is pretty talented in his own right. He's exactly what you want in a #2 WR imo. So I wouldn't be accrediting a lot of his success to Chase. Secondly Burrow is already one of the most (statistically I think he's actually #1) accurate Qbs in the NFL. So saying "2nd yr QB coming off a major injury" sounds like you're trying to make it seem like Chase doesn't have an absolute stud throwing him the ball...

But yeah Chase is a Stud. Might be the best WR of the last 3 classes (and thats saying something!) The Bengals really got a great foundation offensively. But they really need to keep investing in the Oline or they aren't going to do **** with it when it counts (when all these guys are one their rookie deals).

Regarding the 21 draft at WR, I really don't get how Amon-Ra St. Brown fell to the 4th round.

But I don't think the 21 class at WR is going to be better than the 2020 or the 2019 class. I mean both have been pretty ******* good up to this point:

2020:
Hit: Jerry Jeudy, Ceedee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Chase Claypool, Darnell Mooney,
Solid: Laviska Shenault, Van Jefferson, Devin Duvernay (ST), Tyler Johnson, Quintez Cephus, KJ Osborn,
Miss: Jalen Reagor, KJ Hamler, Denzel Mims,
**** You: Henry Ruggs (Literally killed a lady), Bryan Edwards (T.O+Moss My ******* ***).... Raiders can't have nice things

2019:
Hit: Marquise Brown, Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Dionte Johnson, Terry McLaurin, Hunter Renfrow,
Solid: Mecole Hardman, Darius Slayton, Scotty Miller,
Miss: Nkeal Harry, JJ Arcega Whiteside, Parris Campbell, Andy Isabella, Jalen Hurd, Miles Boykin, (after round 3 it's not really a miss....)

Basically what this has taught me is whoever is in charge of drafting WR for the Eagles sucks....makes me think Devonta Smith will be a miss too. Could have had Metcalf and Justin Jefferson lol...
Cant wait till New England refuses to draft another WR early on/picks the wrong guy.

Scouts: "Deebo Samuel and AJ Brown are studs, we have to get at least one"

Belichick picks Harry because he talked to Edwards.

Scouts: "Okay, we are in the second round, but we can still pick AJ..."

Belichick: JOEJUAN WILLIAMS BECAUSE STEPHON GILMORE, JC JACKSON, JASON MCCOURTY AND JONATHAN JONES CLEARLY ARENT ENOUGH CORNERS.

Last week, N'Keal Harry and Joejuan Williams were healthy scratches while UDFAs Kristian Wilkerson and De'Angelo Ross played.

Angry Computer GIF

Advertisement
Cant wait till New England refuses to draft another WR early on/picks the wrong guy.

Scouts: "Deebo Samuel and AJ Brown are studs, we have to get at least one"

Belichick picks Harry because he talked to Edwards.

Scouts: "Okay, we are in the second round, but we can still pick AJ..."

Belichick: JOEJUAN WILLIAMS BECAUSE STEPHON GILMORE, JC JACKSON, JASON MCCOURTY AND JONATHAN JONES CLEARLY ARENT ENOUGH CORNERS.

Last week, N'Keal Harry and Joejuan Williams were healthy scratches while UDFAs Kristian Wilkerson and De'Angelo Ross played.

Angry Computer GIF
Honestly Belichick and the Patriots would probably just be best off employing the Rams strategy - just trade away all the ******* picks (only keeping 4th and later) and just get the guys he wants....

I will add though that I actually agree that you can never have too many DBs. same With EDGE rushers. You just stack up on EDGE and CB and you're defense is going to be pretty ******* good imo. I'd keep Drafting CB, WR, EDGE, DL, OT high regardless how stacked I was.

Honestly Belichick and the Patriots would probably just be best off employing the Rams strategy - just trade away all the ******* picks (only keeping 4th and later) and just get the guys he wants....
Would fit perfectly given how insane Belichick has drafted in late rounds and UDFAs over 20 years. The interior of the O-Line includes an UDFA (Andrews), a 7th (Karras), a 6th (Onwenu if he plays) and a 5th (Mason).

But for that reason, they need to up their performance with WRs in early rounds, they still need that #1 guy.

Would fit perfectly given how insane Belichick has drafted in late rounds and UDFAs over 20 years. The interior of the O-Line includes an UDFA (Andrews), a 7th (Karras), a 6th (Onwenu if he plays) and a 5th (Mason).

But for that reason, they need to up their performance with WRs in early rounds, they still need that #1 guy.
I mean they could just trade a 1st or 2nd for a proven guy. Since they clearly can't draft one successfully. That would be a better option imo.
If you're filling a lot of the roster (like the Patriots are capable of) with low round guys, you can afford a medium-high cost cap hit on the 1st round trade. Maybe you won't have as high of a potential but it's much more important for the Patriots to get a guy with a very high floor.

For instance would you trade a high pick for DJ Moore? Could probably trade a 3rd for a guy like Keenan Allen or Tyler Lockett who are both gunna be 30). I'd be willing to be the Cowboys would trade Amari for a 1st....

Advertisement
I mean they could just trade a 1st or 2nd for a proven guy. Since they clearly can't draft one successfully. That would be a better option imo.
If you're filling a lot of the roster (like the Patriots are capable of) with low round guys, you can afford a medium-high cost cap hit on the 1st round trade. Maybe you won't have as high of a potential but it's much more important for the Patriots to get a guy with a very high floor.

For instance would you trade a high pick for DJ Moore? Could probably trade a 3rd for a guy like Keenan Allen or Tyler Lockett who are both gunna be 30). I'd be willing to be the Cowboys would trade Amari for a 1st....
They wanted Diggs but got outbid. They signed AB and... yeah. They made an offer for Odell and the Giants pulled back at the last-second.

I wonder if Brandin Cooks is open for a return. The Texans are in a rebuild anyway and his cap number is stupid high in 2022. I actually want him, the dude produces every season and no one takes notice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's gotten 1 top 700 WR committed since he went to UGA. I hate it here.
Not so much worried about what he's doing at UGA. UGA sells itself. I wonder if he would have been able to recruit better here as oppose to whoever his handling WR now

Advertisement
Back