Confirmed Bryan McClendon hired as Co-OC

jack1.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well almost immediately McClendon sounded the alarm to wr recruits about this offense. Negative recruiting we all thought. So is he right or wrong? What do your eyes tell you?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well almost immediately McClendon sounded the alarm to wr recruits about this offense. Negative recruiting we all thought. So is he right or wrong? What do your eyes tell you?
My eyes tell me he was right. Would it look different with a QB that is a scheme fit and a huge upgrade at WR? Sure it would but at the end of the day, this offense is not who we are and it won't work here . In many ways this reminds me of when Golden tried to cram a 2 gap read and react bend don't break defense down the throats of mostly South Florida kids.

@DMoney said it best on the post MTSU pod. He said we have years and years of evidence that the bro style just isn't a fit here then 2 years where we were heading in the right direction and scoring points. It wasn't a perfect system but it was much better suited for us. So instead of taking that success and building on it by hiring an OC who would take those concepts and perfect them and add better variations and elements to the run game and the offense in general we literally go back to a slow plodding bro style system that has been proven to not be conducive to success here. This was Mario's big mistake. However contrary to popular belief, I think he realizes that he made a huge error in judgement and I fully expect him to correct it. Here's why..... He is too intelligent and there is much too much at stake to expect him to arrogantly double down on something that has obviously blown up in his face.

I dunno, I guess I’m in the minority but I still prefer the pro-style offense as opposed to throwing the ball all over the field 40-50 times a game. The problem is we don’t have the dudes to run this offense effectively. Where is our Jeudy, Cooper, Waddle, etc? Our receiving core is atrocious and has been for a very long time. Georgia’s 4th string TE is better than Mallory. Our O-Line has improved but still nowhere near what it needs to be. This offense works great at Georgia and Bama because they have the personnel to run it...we don’t.

Advertisement
I dunno, I guess I’m in the minority but I still prefer the pro-style offense as opposed to throwing the ball all over the field 40-50 times a game. The problem is we don’t have the dudes to run this offense effectively. Where is our Jeudy, Cooper, Waddle, etc? Our receiving core is atrocious and has been for a very long time. Georgia’s 4th string TE is better than Mallory. Our O-Line has improved but still nowhere near what it needs to be. This offense works great at Georgia and Bama because they have the personnel to run it...we don’t.

Throwing 40 to 50 times usually only happen in a true air raid offense. Most spread teams don't throw it that many times, unless they're playing catch up on the scoreboard.
What you see from offenses today, most of the good ones, is they can attack all over the place. They put pressure on the defense and if you defend one way, they'll attack you another.

This offense isn't anything like those two schools you mentioned. We can do much better, but there's a reason the pro-style offense is going the way of the wishbone. You don't need a Jeudy, Waddle, or Cooper to be successful. It certainly helps, but you can do far more with less. We certainly could.

The worst part is he did it before we even hired Gattis.

I had my concerns about WRs once Gattis was hired. But the fact McClendon called it out before Gattis was even hired made me concerned this was more a Mario issue than a Gattis issue.

At the end of the day, we know ultimately it's a Mario issue.

But but but Free speech man??? We’re allowing the exercise of free speech (with a few limits).

This place could never survive if left strictly to its own devices. It would be unreadable and a lot of it is right now. The mongoloidian contingent only understands force. But come on y’all, keep the fire burning! Everything and Everyone Sucks!

Go Canes!

But but but Free speech man (with a few limits)??? We’re allowing the exercise of free speech.

This place could never survive if left strictly to its own devices. It would be unreadable and a lot of it is right now. But come on y’all, keep the fire burning! Everything and Everyone Sucks!

Go Canes!

I'm for free speech no doubt. This site is just so toxic and negative right now four games in is all I was getting at. :)

Advertisement
Back