Bruce Brown

Advertisement
I'm not sure. All I know is now coach is saying he could play. Just take it day by day.

I am no doctor and I never personally examined BB. With that said, if he healthy and there is no "risk" of a re-injury, I would watch him closely in practice today and tomorrow. Let him warm up and dress on Thursday.

If we win, let him practice on Friday. Make a game-time decision on Saturday. 5-10 Minutes.

How do you figure that? You talk to coach L? From what he said.. I think I'm right. He meant if he's going to the NBA then don't bother playing and risking an injury. But if you're coming back and you think you can play then play and you don't risk a lot since you'll be back next year.
Nice logic when it can be flipped right back onto you.. you talk to Coach L? Childish thing to say.

He would risk reinjury because he's coming back next year? I don't see why a coach would risk making something a long term injury that keeps coming back just because he'll play the following year. If Coach L wasn't worried about Bruce healing up fully for next year after reinjury, he wouldn't be worried about Bruce healing back up for the draft.

They were 2 separate points. Bruce needs 6 weeks. And if Bruce comes back he'll be able to play in the tourney again.

Nice logic when it can be flipped right back onto you.. you talk to Coach L? Childish thing to say.

He would risk reinjury because he's coming back next year? I don't see why a coach would risk making something a long term injury that keeps coming back just because he'll play the following year. If Coach L wasn't worried about Bruce healing up fully for next year after reinjury, he wouldn't be worried about Bruce healing back up for the draft.

They were 2 separate points. Bruce needs 6 weeks. And if Bruce comes back he'll be able to play in the tourney again.
You can't flip it back on me. I'm going by what he said in the interview. He never said in next years tourney did he? You may be right but you are coming up with something he did not say. I'm going off of him saying if he comes back next year then he will play.

Advertisement
You can't flip it back on me. I'm going by what he said in the interview. He never said in next years tourney did he? You may be right but you are coming up with something he did not say. I'm going off of him saying if he comes back next year then he will play.
Huh.. I was mocking you.

He didn't specify which tourney. But after saying he needs 6 weeks of rehab, saying he can play in the tourney if he comes back next year means he can play next year.

Huh.. I was mocking you.

He didn't specify which tourney. But after saying he needs 6 weeks of rehab, saying he can play in the tourney if he comes back next year means he can play next year.
And yet now the doctors have cleared him. Coach L was a bit premature in his diagnosis... He isn't a doctor so he never should have said what he said. I'm hoping he is ok to play maybe round 2 if we get there. I'd love to have Brown back.

So now Coach L is saying that Brown has been cleared but won't be playing at all. He will dress but not play. Still needs 4 to 6 weeks rehab so it's unrealistic to expect him to play. Just yesterday morning he said they'd take it day to day. But last night he says 4 to 6 weeks rehab. Make up your mind dude.

Advertisement
I doubt Brown plays, but maybe there's some gamesmanship going on...why not force a team to prepare for Brown even if you know there's no chance of him playing...or on the other hand, if you're going to play him, tell the media there's no chance of him playing and don't let the opposition prepare for him. Either way, no sense in showing your hand.

I doubt Brown plays, but maybe there's some gamesmanship going on...why not force a team to prepare for Brown even if you know there's no chance of him playing...or on the other hand, if you're going to play him, tell the media there's no chance of him playing and don't let the opposition prepare for him. Either way, no sense in showing your hand.

This. Game planning for Miami (FL) with Brown Jr. and without Brown Jr. is actually pretty different.

So now Coach L is saying that Brown has been cleared but won't be playing at all. He will dress but not play. Still needs 4 to 6 weeks rehab so it's unrealistic to expect him to play. Just yesterday morning he said they'd take it day to day. But last night he says 4 to 6 weeks rehab. Make up your mind dude.
Is there an article or video? Couldn't find anything from googling

Advertisement

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-14-16-37-30.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-14-16-37-30.png
    372.1 KB · Views: 19
Advertisement
Coach L is being somewhat cagey with his responses, we've seen this before. Remember Reggie Johnson in 2012? That said, who knows how effective BB can be, considering that he hasn't been working out in weeks, you can't really shoot with that boot on, you can't do much in regards to conditioning. I'd love for BB to play, Miami needs additional firepower, but odds are, the team will just have to work without him. A crippled BB does no one any good, and it hurts the rotation chart.

Coach L is being somewhat cagey with his responses, we've seen this before. Remember Reggie Johnson in 2012? That said, who knows how effective BB can be, considering that he hasn't been working out in weeks, you can't really shoot with that boot on, you can't do much in regards to conditioning. I'd love for BB to play, Miami needs additional firepower, but odds are, the team will just have to work without him. A crippled BB does no one any good, and it hurts the rotation chart.
That could have ****ed with Duke's gameplan though. Reggie didn't even play much in that game. Maybe if we beat Loyola Coach L will pull that against Tennessee, and give Bruce like 10 minutes.

Of course he's been working out. What do you think he did for 6 weeks, play Nintendo and eat Cheetos?

Of course he's been working out. What do you think he did for 6 weeks, play Nintendo and eat Cheetos?

How much working out can you do with a boot on? Of course I am not saying the opposite (that he has been eating cheetos) but the boot was just removed. It's not like he was running, or at least shouldn't be, with a boot on.

Advertisement
Back