Bruce Brown

Advertisement
Hate to say it but his best bet is to probably sit it out and just train once healthy. He's already very injury prone as it is. He is probably a late 1st right now as it is on potential. Not sure he could improve his stock much by coming back

That being said I hope he is able to sneak back in for post-season and be the leader this team desperately needs

Thank you for the link

I have had several ankle injuries but only one serious. I got to tell you it took me quite a while to go full speed and even longer to not think about it. Maybe he is tougher than me but I don't see him or anyone else coming back full speed for tournament play. I just hurts too much

Advertisement
I think Brown should come back next year. I don't think he gets selected as a lottery pick. 1st round? Maybe. But he'd be better off waiting another year. I hope Lonnie comes back too but I really don't know where he's at with that decision. Many people were surprised when Brown came back for this year so maybe another surprise is in store with Lonnie.

Imagine Lykes, Miles Wilson, Brown, Lonnie and DJ at the guard spots. With Amp, Huell, Waardenburg, Izundu and Gak at the forward and center spots. Plus maybe a grad transfer thrown in. That team gets me excited. We will see who stays and goes.

He will likely decide when he attends one of those NBA summer camps. Walker needs polishing as well he stands around too much and doesn't rebound. I don't watch the NBA but Sheldon and Reed were IMO really complete players and Walker is not

Advertisement
He will likely decide when he attends one of those NBA summer camps. Walker needs polishing as well he stands around too much and doesn't rebound. I don't watch the NBA but Sheldon and Reed were IMO really complete players and Walker is not
Man I completely disagree with some of you.

The NBA will look at those flaws as things you can coach out of a guy. Remember, the standing around is more of a reflection of guys like Newton dribbling at the top of the key and not distributing. GMs will fall in love with Lonnie at the Combines and Camps, just because of his athleticism, his solid handle, and ability to shoot. He is the kind of guy that with the proper seasoning will be a future All-Star. The question is whether he wants to get that seasoning without getting paid big money, or will he want to draw an NBA paycheck?

He will be 22 in August, he is gone.
I have a feeling he is gone too.

I also think Lonnie needs to come back another year but he’ll probably leave and be an 11th man for a year or two as he develops. Reminds me of Dwayne Bacon.

Advertisement

I also think Lonnie needs to come back another year but he’ll probably leave and be an 11th man for a year or two as he develops. Reminds me of Dwayne Bacon.
Essentially I think Lonnie has been good enough to get him self a spot in the first round. If you can go first round you have to go. He could improve his stock in another season but he will improve more as a player in the NBA with top tier coaching and make a nice paycheck while doing so.

He will be 22 in August, he is gone.

This makes no sense.

Please let me know the difference in terms of average draft position between a 21 YO v. 22 YO. Show me the data.

Then add in the fact that the player didn’t “improve” and is coming off an injury.

You know what would make a difference? If he actually improved at the rim and had a better shot.

Walker is a first round pick and top 20 too. That isn’t Bacon. Walker is younger as well.

Bacon is more like Brown if Brown left:

- Both played 2 years in college
- Both were turning 22 when they left school
- Both should have stayed because a first round pick was not guaranteed.

Advertisement
Let’s assume BB doesn’t play the remainder of this season. How healthy will he be for those camps and workouts?

A lot of that may depend on his draft position given what happened this year.

Every mock draft (I know these aren't gospel) have Walker 11-18 and Brown 16-24. I doubt either stays. Actually, in my untrained opinion, Walker is gone, and Bruce likely gone too. Remember when people actually thought Huell was gone? That was cute.

Walker is a first round pick and top 20 too. That isn’t Bacon. Walker is younger as well.

I concur...

Every mock draft (I know these aren't gospel) have Walker 11-18 and Brown 16-24. I doubt either stays. Actually, in my untrained opinion, Walker is gone, and Bruce likely gone too. Remember when people actually thought Huell was gone? That was cute.
I agree on both -- leaving. In BBs case, I'm not sure everyone hasn't already seen him at his college best (last year's version). The NBA will know what they're drafting (his strengths and flaws).

In Lonnie's case, we've just seen the surface of his deep talent scratched. Sky's the limit for him in another couple years and that further development might as well take place somewhere he gets well paid.

Advertisement
Back