Off-Topic Brother Jimmy's Cane Watch NYC Closing

The past 17 years of Miami football killed a lot of things.
Persevere We Did It GIF by For(bes) The Culture

Advertisement
Agreed. A lot of good people donated money to keep establishments open as well. I know Rays candy shop raised over like 6k to stay open at one time. I think they survived because of it

I actually donated quite a bit of money myself to people hurt by covid during the pandemic, but that is neither here nor there.

However, this just proves my point. Imagine being a world renowned candy shop, that has been in business for 48 years and if you weren't gifted 6k your business would shut down. That is a disgrace and **** poor business skills. The guy may make great candy, but he has no idea how to run a business. Give a decent businessman as much recognition and fame as that place has and that place would have survived with no issue. Not to mention a ******* candy shop is the easiest possible restaurant to turn into takeout only. lmao.

I’m done after this comment. But it’s a small business statistic. What we were discussing falls into the small business category. I thought it was relevant to both topics. But yes I should have mentioned that I moved the goalpost to small business as a whole. Hopefully we someday get the numbers for bars and restaurants alone in nyc but not sure we will ever get those stats during this stretch. We lost a great NYC canes atmosphere. Go canes
That I agree with. I went to Brother Jimmys many times. Great Canes atmosphere, but the food was terrible, so that is part of the reason it shut down. You can only get Canes fans to come 13 times a year. The other 352 days of the year, you need good food to bring in customers. If it wasn't a Canes bar I never would have went back.

I went to Brother Jimmys many times. Great Canes atmosphere, but the food was terrible, so that is part of the reason it shut down.
****, sounds like Buffalo Wild Wings.

Got back from there and tossed the leftover burger on the porch for my dog.

His greedy *** sniffed it for a second and kept it moving

I looked at him like, "Yeah, I know. WTF the you think I didn't eat it?"

Last edited:
I retired over a yr ago....but for 14yrs before that I was a Corporate Chef for a Restaurant Group, running 6 restaurants (Back of the House) so I'm well versed on what's happened the last 2yrs.
I'm always fascinated about other industries.

Would you oversee the locations? Rotate on a schedule at each location while other chefs covered down for you in the other kitchens?

Why do I imagine you going all ****'s Kitchen if you found out one of your chefs was an FSU fan...

🤣

Advertisement
****, sounds like Buffalo Wild Wings.

Got back from there and tossed the leftover burger on the porch for my dog.

His greedy *** sniffed it for a second and then kept it moving

I looked at him like, "Yeah, I know"
That is pretty much what it was. Buffalo wild wings, but BBQ version or the BBQ version of Olive Garden.

Advertisement
Y'all got me F-ed up....Imported Salami and Prosciutto, Buffalo Mozzarella & Pesto Vinegrette...
View attachment 182102

😋😋😋

Maaaan, looks almost as good as the fried bologna with (your choice) American "cheese" or Cheez Whiz with enough mayo on the Wonder bread to clog all arteries for two weeks. Ate two of them bad boys last time I was through Century (Escambia County for all y'all who don't know the panhandle).

Advertisement
😋😋😋

Maaaan, looks almost as good as the fried bologna with (your choice) American "cheese" or Cheez Whiz with enough mayo on the Wonder bread to clog all arteries for two weeks. Ate two of them bad boys last time I was through Century (Escambia County for all y'all who don't know the panhandle).
Lol....I owned a home in Ft Walton...I know Century and Jay....Lol

Advertisement
That I agree with. I went to Brother Jimmys many times. Great Canes atmosphere, but the food was terrible, so that is part of the reason it shut down. You can only get Canes fans to come 13 times a year. The other 352 days of the year, you need good food to bring in customers. If it wasn't a Canes bar I never would have went back.
It's mediocre BBQ, at a high price point. Outside of being a solid bar, it's not much.

It's mediocre BBQ, at a high price point. Outside of being a solid bar, it's not much.
Exactly and there are a lore more solid bars in NYC. If it wasn't a Cane bar I wouldn't even really enjoy the bar portion, but it was a great place to hang with fellow Canes, so that is why I went.

During the march madness this year, the owner/manager said that they havent seen a decent amount of miami fans in years.
With what we've put out the last two decades, I'm surprised he made it through Covid if he were relying on Cane's fans to show up for an important game they thought they could win.

Advertisement
Back