Brooklyndee

Kyle took a beating his first game as a starter in 2005 at Doak. I was there, and impressed by him. Then throughout that year I thought he was progressing steadily and he did a good job of managing the game at Blacksburg and he had a 5-td game vs Wake Forest

At that point it looked like he was the guy we all thought we were getting as he committed to UM

But it all fell apart (as did the Coker era) on that fateful night at the Orange Bowl vs Gatech.

Neither Kyle or UM really recovered from that...

I remember telling a buddy after that FSU game - we got ourselves a qb. He was getting drilled that game but still was throwing darts to Olson, et al. Then, he had guys like The Toddler blocking for him the rest of his career. Actually, The Toddler got his nickname from that very same FSU game iirc. Right, [MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION] ?

Advertisement
Kyle took a beating his first game as a starter in 2005 at Doak. I was there, and impressed by him. Then throughout that year I thought he was progressing steadily and he did a good job of managing the game at Blacksburg and he had a 5-td game vs Wake Forest

At that point it looked like he was the guy we all thought we were getting as he committed to UM

But it all fell apart (as did the Coker era) on that fateful night at the Orange Bowl vs Gatech.

I remember telling a buddy after that FSU game - we got ourselves a qb. He was getting drilled that game but still was throwing darts to Olson, et al. Then, he had guys like The Toddler blocking for him the rest of his career. Actually, The Toddler got his nickname from that very same FSU game iirc. Right, [MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION] ?

LOL, who was 'the Toddler'?

that whole line was bad that night, I think the gave up like 9 sacks that game.

BrooklynDunce loves to talk **** about Rick but is nowhere to be found when he's actually needed.

You can't explain that!

Who is rick you **** talking groupie?

rickspringfield.jpg

How in the world was Sits a 4 star?

Looks good in shorts throwing to guys with no pass rush.

Reminded me of Kyle Wright. Is that a fair comparison. For the poster who asked how Sitskowshi was a four star, how was Kyle Wright a five star?

I'm a firm defender of Kyle. The one comparison that's very similar with the two of them is as I've said from the beginning with art the main concern & why i ultimately had little confidence it's How much pressure his parents put on him. It really weighs him down. Kyle's dad was the exact same way. All that being said if Kyle would've been on one of our talented teams with a coach who had a firm hand Kyle would've had a whole different career. His line,backs & recievers sucked except nitro.

Pressure can kill a kid go ask Todd Marinovich

The Toddler was Andrew Bain. I think chise came up with that nickname but can’t be sure. I do recall, though, we had called a draw play and Andrew tripped himself up and while still trying to get down field to make a block, he was basically crawling on all 4s. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Advertisement

The Toddler was Andrew Bain. I think chise came up with that nickname but can’t be sure. I do recall, though, we had called a draw play and Andrew tripped himself up and while still trying to get down field to make a block, he was basically crawling on all 4s. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

On that last drive of ours that game where Kyle led us down, Bain was literally the last guy out of the huddle each time and every subsequent play he got to the line later and later. he was really struggling.

Cade Fortin

Brooklyn's been sayin this name for a long time...

That's why I brought it up. but, he's an EE and it's early November. That ship sailed.

No it hasnt

So is UM recruiting him?

Reading between the lines, I’m sure richt has (re)opened up lines of communications to gauge interest. Maybe we’ll get a December OV but I’m not terribly hopeful.

Bain was f'ing huge, but from going to games, knowing some players, I never recall that nickname in person or online.

Advertisement
His line,backs & recievers sucked except nitro.

IDK, I thought Kyle had some good WRs His first year as starter, even had a good TE in Olsen. Agree with you on O-Line & RB though, and the offense went to $h!t His last 2 years, had to start a punter at WR vs FSU in 06'.

I named Bain "The Toddler" because he was on his back so often and also crawling on the field regularly. I think that was on Randy's board, so maybe the nickname never gained that much traction because it was a pretty small board at the time.

Advertisement
Back