Brooklyndee and dmoney

Advertisement
I’m thinking Jarren and kosi truly have a shot to start when he stated if he had an undoubted starter coming back ok but but he thinks the young guys have a shot and so do I

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m absolutely certain there’s nothing to be learned by watching press conferences. Do you really thing this is Richt’s first rodeo?

New redshirting rules all but guarantee that all of our QBs will play early in the year, SSU game and FIU in particular. I think the competition will go early into the season with those games being opportunities for the young guys, but Rosier likely starts vs LSU

When it comes to the qb situation, here is basically what's going to happen, coach richt is rolling with rosier to start the lsu game, unless kosi or jarren or even weldon become all world before sept, rosier it is. As for me i dont mind that myself, cause last year was his first year starting, he did play banged up, so this'll be his second year starting, he has the experience and we know we can win big games with. Now, the biggest thing to look out for is who wins the back-up job, that's the real battle right their, cause one things for sure, richt dealt with the frustration last year for the sake the redshirts and for what was better for the team. Best believe tho if rosier starts stinking it up, is not moving the chains, to many three and outs, and takes to long to get going, coach richt is going to pull the trigger this year. People complained when coach took him out last year against pitt, but richt was thinking long term, plus to miss that many open receivers, richt could deal with sheriffs stinking it up easier than watch rosier and if has to do that this, year, that might mean the start of a new era!

Advertisement
No reason to believe Malik won't be better his second year as the starter. Only quarterback who didn't improve his second year as a starter since Jim Kelly was Kyle Wright. He had a very solid year in 2005 under Dan Werner then Coker fired Werner and hired that idiot Rich Olson who ruined Wright.

Huge difference this year for Malik as already discussed is he will be on a very short leash especially in conference play. Malik needs to look over his shoulder and not settle like he is secure in his job. Performance or sit.

Going only off hair length, I think Rosier is starting, Kosi is second string and Williams is redshirting, but anyone’s hair can change between now and September

No reason to believe Malik won't be better his second year as the starter. Only quarterback who didn't improve his second year as a starter since Jim Kelly was Kyle Wright. He had a very solid year in 2005 under Dan Werner then Coker fired Werner and hired that idiot Rich Olson who ruined Wright.

Huge difference this year for Malik as already discussed is he will be on a very short leash especially in conference play. Malik needs to look over his shoulder and not settle like he is secure in his job. Performance or sit.
The areas where Malik needs improvement - accuracy, ball placement, target anticipation among others - are typically not areas in which QBs improve much with experience. An inaccurate or inconsistent passer in his 5th year on the team pretty much is what he is - an average QB who came through in some of this team's biggest moments in decades. I don't think that'll be enough to keep the starting job from a driven elite talent like Jarren. We'll find out soon enough.

The areas where Malik needs improvement - accuracy, ball placement, target anticipation among others - are typically not areas in which QBs improve much with experience. An inaccurate or inconsistent passer in his 5th year on the team pretty much is what he is - an average QB who came through in some of this team's biggest moments in decades. I don't think that'll be enough to keep the starting job from a driven elite talent like Jarren. We'll find out soon enough.

Nice post about “accuracy, ball placement, target anticipation among others - are typically not areas in which QBs improve much with experience” except for one thing - you kind of made up the part about QBs not improving this much with experience.

Where did you get that from?

You’ve never heard of a starter improving in his second year as a starter in college? Because it happens all the time.

I mean no offense, nice try, but it’s just something you made up.

Malik may or may not improve, but it’ll have nothing to do with your rules.

Advertisement
New redshirting rules all but guarantee that all of our QBs will play early in the year, SSU game and FIU in particular. I think the competition will go early into the season with those games being opportunities for the young guys, but Rosier likely starts vs LSU

This.

If we can't get better play from the QB spot it will be another wasted season.

Advertisement
If we can't get better play from the QB spot it will be another wasted season.
It will be a wasted season if we can't convert third downs like the elite schools... and with or without Rosier, we need to have a cohesive offense that can RUN the ball. Of course a qb that's accurate, that doesn't lock in on targets and has a quick throwing motion would help big time. CMR must/has be ready to pull Rosier if he does not show any improvement, and insert our promising young talent to get playing time

Nice post about “accuracy, ball placement, target anticipation among others - are typically not areas in which QBs improve much with experience” except for one thing - you kind of made up the part about QBs not improving this much with experience.

Where did you get that from?

You’ve never heard of a starter improving in his second year as a starter in college? Because it happens all the time.

I mean no offense, nice try, but it’s just something you made up.

Malik may or may not improve, but it’ll have nothing to do with your rules.
This is actually a generally accepted reality in football, but since you asked, here's an article I found by some knowledgeable football guys. Check out the section on "Arm talent". QB's do improve all the time. It's usually not related to significantly improved passing ability - & I've seen nothing from Malik that tells me he'll be an exception to the norm.

Quarterback Traits - Attainable vs Inheritable

This is actually a generally accepted reality in football, but since you asked, here's an article by some knowledgeable football guys. Check out the section on "Arm talent". QB's do improve all the time. It's usually not related to significantly improved passing ability - & I've seen nothing from Malik that tells me he'll be an exception to the norm.

Quarterback Traits - Attainable vs Inheritable

Ok, so QBs can improve. That’s good to know, and they can improve in those areas you mentioned. Even better.

Advertisement
Back