Brooklyndee and dmoney

The basis for your argument is being terrible as a freshman. Maybe you don't grasp the concept of what "typically" means. Your level of improvement in those areas - in whatever conference you supposedly played in - doesn't happen often, much less in P5 football where most QBs coming out of HS have some level of accuracy. Those that can't hit the broad side of a barn usually see an early position change.

As it pertains to this Canes team, it's completely irrelevant - we have not seen Malik on your superstar trajectory. He was 20 of 29 as a freshman against Duke & 54% last season.

Congrats on your illustrious football career though.

@RedSquare, my contention all along has been that to become a scholarship athlete in football and baseball in a division one, power 5 program, you have some level of accuracy, but don't expect the CiS experts to take your first hand experience.

Advertisement
@RedSquare, my contention all along has been that to become a scholarship athlete in football and baseball in a division one, power 5 program, you have some level of accuracy, but don't expect the CiS experts to take your first hand experience.
He just said that he couldn't "hit a barn with a stick" as a freshman. What's your point?

Advertisement
He just said that he couldn't "hit a barn with a stick" as a freshman. What's your point?
I'm sure it was hyperbole meant to show contrast between where he started and where he finished, rather than literally not being able to hit a barn with a stick. People that bad don't get moved to another position after their freshman season. They get moved to another position before they get to college.

Yeah...teams lose their best two players all the time and make it to conference championships and NY6 games...

Wow the stupid is strong in here today.

Stupid lol ok. Bama lost 2 starting backers, starting DE a RB, and a WR and still won the natty....but stupid lol ok.

Bad depth caused us to lose, it's football someone will get hurt, just the nature of the game.

Stupid lol ok. Bama lost 2 starting backers, starting DE a RB, and a WR and still won the natty....but stupid lol ok.

Bad depth caused us to lose, it's football someone will get hurt, just the nature of the game.
Bama did not lose their top 3 offensive contributors. We did not lose a WR. We lost the best WR on the team. We didn't lose just a RB. We lost the best RB on the team. And when Herndon went down, a defensive end was pulled over to play on offense.

Advertisement
Bama did not lose their top 3 offensive contributors. We did not lose a WR. We lost the best WR on the team. We didn't lose just a RB. We lost the best RB on the team. And when Herndon went down, a defensive end was pulled over to play on offense.

Unless it's a QB or a couple people on the Dline or Oline, losing a couple players on a football team does not make a big difference. Well, unless it's Randy Moss or Barry Sanders and Richards nor Walton is close to either. We lost those games in the trenches.

and lost our best TE, which probably affected us the most. As he was one of our best blockers in the pass and run game

I agree. losing Herndon hurt the most, with him and Richards maybe we beat Pitt. But we took L's vs Wisconsin and Clemson.

Target anticipation most definitely improves with experience. Pocket presence and mechanics when live can to an extent improve with experience. It is not unreasonable to think that Rosier can be a more consistent quarterback this year. Berlin was a turnover machine in 2003 and had a nice senior season. He went from 12 TDs/17 INTs to 22 TDs/6 INTs. If he had that same defense as 2003, Miami goes undefeated. We lost 3 closes games. Same for Harris who had 1 bad game in 2011. His last against BC. Other than that his completion percentage when from 54.8% to 65.0% and his interceptions went from 15 to 9. Just stating statistical facts. Yes, Rosier has limitations, but he can be better. Whether he wins the job and/or holds on to it remains to be seen. What is clear is he has young bucks gunning for his job.

I like this version of reality. If Berlin went from 12/17 55% to 22/6 65%, then in theory it's possible for Malik to go from 26/14 54% to 26/9 64%? So you're saying there's a chance? I'm Ron Burgundy?

If you asked me if I would sign up for a 2018 season where Rosier starts every game and puts up a similar stat line to last year, except he reduces his picks from 14 to 9 and increases his completion percentage from 54% to 64%, I'd say where's the X, do you need this notarized, and gimme a **** pen! If that were to happen, and assuming his performance level was consistent throughout, we'd be in the playoff, or at least right there, like top 6 final CFP poll.

Advertisement
I'm sure it was hyperbole meant to show contrast between where he started and where he finished, rather than literally not being able to hit a barn with a stick. People that bad don't get moved to another position after their freshman season. They get moved to another position before they get to college.
So he didn't mean that literally? Thanks, captain obvious. You've demonstrated that you don't have a good understanding of what accuracy is, & you can't refute what I've said here with anything except how right you think he is because of his experience - which you know nothing about. You're trying to back him up by going against his inaccuracy claim while hypocritically referring to me as a 'CiS expert'.

Get it together.

I agree. losing Herndon hurt the most, with him and Richards maybe we beat Pitt. But we took L's vs Wisconsin and Clemson.
If we had our top 3 options on offense vs Wisconsin we wouldn’t have lost to them. **** if the officiating wasn’t as bad as it was we wouldn’t have lost. Remind you it was only a 10 point loss and it close in the 3rd quarter and we had momentum when that db slingshotted himself for an int while we were in the redzone

I like this version of reality. If Berlin went from 12/17 55% to 22/6 65%, then in theory it's possible for Malik to go from 26/14 54% to 26/9 64%? So you're saying there's a chance? I'm Ron Burgundy?

If you asked me if I would sign up for a 2018 season where Rosier starts every game and puts up a similar stat line to last year, except he reduces his picks from 14 to 9 and increases his completion percentage from 54% to 64%, I'd say where's the X, do you need this notarized, and gimme a **** pen! If that were to happen, and assuming his performance level was consistent throughout, we'd be in the playoff, or at least right there, like top 6 final CFP poll.
**** he had 5 ints in the last 2 games alone which was uncharacteristic for him for majority of the season. 8 of his 14 ints were in 3 games, that can be cutdown.

I’m not even a malik rosier fan and want some one else ultimately but people act like he can’t improve. For the first half of the season he was really good . In the first 10 games he played with more guts than any of the QBs we have had since Berlin that’s for sure and it isn’t close

Last edited:
Advertisement
Going to be interesting around here and sfla when the season start s.wonder how many here will do an about face if Malik lights it up which I hope does.how many will turn on the others qbs if they have to come in and don't perform like everyone expects them too.I bet the house on it that it the canes win it all in 2018. Somebody will find something to nitpick or gripe about

Going to be interesting around here and sfla when the season start s.wonder how many here will do an about face if Malik lights it up which I hope does.how many will turn on the others qbs if they have to come in and don't perform like everyone expects them too.I bet the house on it that it the canes win it all in 2018. Somebody will find something to nitpick or gripe about

I'll be here to eat crow (not Gray Crow you perverts) if he lights it up for the whole season.

His track record is one of total inconsistency so I'm expecting more of the same if he's at the helm for the whole year.

Rosier sucks, end of discussion. Start one of the freshman, or this season will end up being a complete waste. At least if the freshman start and we lose a game or two that we shouldn't, we will be building a good foundation for next year. With Rosier, it's just a waste. Go look at all our big games last year, and tell me Rosier was even average...You'll be lying.

Advertisement
Back