Brock Steak update OT

Advertisement
@brock had the waitress bring out the chef to explain himself. Chef said 'you asked for it well done, which I took to mean properly cooked, so you got what you got.'
then brock says 'I asked for it well done which means ******* burnt man!'
Chef responds 'You said you wanted a well done steak and that's what you got ****!! now you just sit there and say that's a job well done cause you know it was good!'
Brock says '**** that, next time I come here you better cook it well done!!'

Chef:

brock.jpg

Advertisement
So I went to a nice restaurant recently in Atlanta and you know me… I ordered of course a well done steak , a nice 14 oz ribeye or so. Everything was looking all good and when i cut into it, it was pink as it wanted to be… I think it was cooked medium and I must say it wasn’t bad at all. Hmmm, maybe I’ll try medium well next time. I only ate all of it because I was drinking too, that’s the only reason lets get that clear....
First, I'd like to applaud the Chef for refusing to Fuc up a ribeye. I remember when I wouldn't eat puzzie, but when I did, I did it on all special engagements. Next step is to get you to eat your veggies.

First, I'd like to applaud the Chef for refusing to *** up a ribeye. I remember when I wouldn't eat puzzie, but when I did, I did it on all special engagements. Next step is to get you to eat your veggies.
When I was younger I used to do well done steaks. Started working for a fancy steakhouse out here and the owners made us sample all of the foods so we could give a better description of the menu to customers. I ordered a Wagyu Filet well done and the Chef looked at me like I had murdered his family. He slapped down a mid rare piece of meat and explained to me in detail why he refused to do that. Took one bite and I have never again ordered a steak anything further than medium since then.

Advertisement
Under cooked and over cooked steak are equally bad in my eyes. Medium is the perfect temp as even a medium rare can leave the center a tad to pink.

So I went to a nice restaurant recently in Atlanta and you know me… I ordered of course a well done steak , a nice 14 oz ribeye or so. Everything was looking all good and when i cut into it, it was pink as it wanted to be… I think it was cooked medium and I must say it wasn’t bad at all. Hmmm, maybe I’ll try medium well next time. I only ate all of it because I was drinking too, that’s the only reason lets get that clear....

So happy that you broke your cherry.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but did you notice the difference in moisture and chew? I simply don't know how I could eat and digest a well-done steak, just being honest.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Margaritas...with a ribeye...

View attachment 197999
I'm not so self pretentious to care what a person drinks with their food. People 9 out of 10 will drink what they like. I'm a Bourbon guy and will have one with pasta or seafood. I couldn't give a 2 ****zs what anybody thinks. FYI the wine business exploded when they stopped with all that pompous BS.

Advertisement
Back