Brinson is the #1 We Need

PittsburghCane

Redshirt Freshman
As much as it’s been discussed that finding a number 1 WR in the portal is paramount, I feel like Brinson is 90% better than anyone out of the portal.

Legit length and height, playmaker and great catch radius. Long speed makes him a real deep threat.

Despite needing to add size and better route running, he still regularly cooked P5 corners in HS (See Jason Marshall).

What we need to do is let him get healthy, which he’s close to, and let him get with Feld, which he absolutely will.

Gimme Brinson over anyone we’ve discussed in the portal thus far.

Advertisement
Ice Cube Smoking GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
As much as it’s been discussed that finding a number 1 WR in the portal is paramount, I feel like Brinson is 90% better than anyone out of the portal.

Legit length and height, playmaker and great catch radius. Long speed makes him a real deep threat.

Despite needing to add size and better route running, he still regularly cooked P5 corners in HS (See Jason Marshall).

What we need to do is let him get healthy, which he’s close to, and let him get with Feld, which he absolutely will.

Gimme Brinson over anyone we’ve discussed in the portal thus far.

I agree… our WRs are going to be much better after the offseason and Brinson is a beast!!

Advertisement
In all likelihood he’s probably QB3 in the draft.

So much changes in a year that it’s pointless to even have these conversations, but I’m guessing Young is the HEAVY favorite to be the #1 pick right now. He’d be the #1 pick if he were eligible this year.

Also, for as bad as the QB draft is this year, it’s loaded in 2023.

Last edited:
So much changes in a year that it’s pointless to even have these conversations, but I’m guessing Young is the HEAVY favorite to be the #1 pick right now. He’d be the #1 pick if he were eligible this year.

Also, for as bad as the QB draft is this year, it’s loaded in 2023.

I don't think he's a good pro prospect. That's no expert opinion. He's small & seems confused alot for someone who's supposed to be an elite QB. He plays great competition & is clearly talented. I just don't think it will translate. TVD has better tools to work with at the next level but he isn't there yet either. But Van Dyke is aware of his shortcomings so I'm hopeful he puts it all together

I don't think he's a good pro prospect. That's no expert opinion. He's small & seems confused alot for someone who's supposed to be an elite QB. He plays great competition & is clearly talented. I just don't think it will translate. TVD has better tools to work with at the next level but he isn't there yet either. But Van Dyke is aware of his shortcomings so I'm hopeful he puts it all together

I don’t think you’ll find a single human on the planet nor betting odd that would have him worse than 2nd, behind CJ Stroud, at worst.

Again, a lot can change, and will. Always does. But Young is #1 on 99% of boards and if he’s not, he’s #2.

Advertisement
Could you point me to which games he seemed confused? Most times I saw he was lighting it up, can always learn something from watching low lights also.. thanks in advance

Advertisement
Back