Brinson is the #1 We Need

You'd think one of Redding, Brinson, Keyshawn, Ladson could be a true #1 but we just can't risk it with what they've shown so far. Need a legit proven guy.

Advertisement
As much as it’s been discussed that finding a number 1 WR in the portal is paramount, I feel like Brinson is 90% better than anyone out of the portal.

Legit length and height, playmaker and great catch radius. Long speed makes him a real deep threat.

Despite needing to add size and better route running, he still regularly cooked P5 corners in HS (See Jason Marshall).

What we need to do is let him get healthy, which he’s close to, and let him get with Feld, which he absolutely will.

Gimme Brinson over anyone we’ve discussed in the portal thus far.
I don't disagree as I am very high on Brinson but he needs a year before he can become the player you describe and begin to reach his potential. Mario wants to win now so if we can get a true #1 in the portal then we will.

Could you point me to which games he seemed confused? Most times I saw he was lighting it up, can always learn something from watching low lights also.. thanks in advance

Tbh no I can't remember who they were playing. But I've only watched 3 or 4 of his games, not including against us. I've noticed it a couple of times though. Throwing the ball where there is no receiver in the area & acknowledging he messed up. He definitely plays great more than not. He is a great college qb who I just don't think will do well at the next level. Just a feeling I have.

Advertisement
Tyler Van Dyke will be the first QB taken in the 2023 draft.
He'd have to clean up some things, accuracy and throwing under pressure most noticeably, but I'd be all for it. Stroud and Young are much more advanced in those areas albeit with more games under their belts and more talent to work with.

Willing to bet the season on a #2 receiver from low P5/G5?
The Offensive coordinator is...

I’m not sure you guys that are so against us adding another WR realize that the COACHES are the ones who are going after these players in the Portal, not the fans. If Gattis & the staff were confident in the guys we already got there would be no discussion about adding guys like Ty Harrell or Jerrod Means.

All the Portal adds this offseason have been in areas of need, they haven’t added any QB’s, TE’s or Safeties from the Portal because why??? They have added 4 Defensive lineman, 2 OL’s, CB, RB & a WR because why???

They added Ladson before Spring camp & then after 15 practices & 3 scrimmages (Spring game included) they’re working on brining in another WR, because why???

Just think about it bro... It’s pretty simple to figure out.

I’m not sure you guys that are so against us adding another WR realize that the COACHES are the ones who are going after these players in the Portal, not the fans. If Gattis & the staff were confident in the guys we already got there would be no discussion about adding guys like Ty Harrell or Jerrod Means.

All the Portal adds this offseason have been in areas of need, they haven’t added any QB’s, TE’s or Safeties from the Portal because why??? They have added 4 Defensive lineman, 2 OL’s, CB, RB & a WR because why???

They added Ladson before Spring camp & then after 15 practices & 3 scrimmages (Spring game included) they’re working on brining in another WR, because why???

Not saying we don’t need more from the WRs, but I don’t think we are going to strike gold at the position two years in a row. Best WR available had bad off field social issues, and every other not name Mario Williams aren’t number ones. Melo as a number one is better than anything in the portal that we are willing to get.

Also Melo didn’t practice fully this spring, so they haven’t seen him in competition up close.

Advertisement

lying-coming.gif

So do you bet on one receiver tapping into some unknown potential or do you grab a contingency plan just in case?
The potential is known. He has a ton of high school tape and freshmen year tape.

I’m not saying don’t grab a receiver, I’m saying Brinson WILL be top dog despite who we bring in, barring someone like Rambo or better coming.

Not saying we don’t need more from the WRs, but I don’t think we are going to strike gold at the position two years in a row. Best WR available had bad off field social issues, and every other not name Mario Williams aren’t number ones. Melo as a number one is better than anything in the portal that we are willing to get.
That’s not true, Isaiah Neyor, Jacob Cowing, Karen Lacy, Trey Palmer, Kobe Hudson & Antoine Wells were all #1’s.

The guys who they’re looking at now are what’s remaining after they missed on the initial first wave of WR’s that hit the Portal, they bet on Ladson & saw the same thing that Clemson realized about him.

Harrell is a Speed demon, arguably one of the top 5 fastest players in the nation, which is why Bama is paying him top dollar to come to Tuscaloosa. We’re looking at Jerrod Means because he fits exactly what they’re looking for, which is a speed threat that can consistently catch the ball & add the Deep ball element to the offense, which they don’t feel they have right now.

You guys are way too sunk into HS ratings & think that just because a player is at a G5 that means he’s incapable of being good, there’s literally G5 WR’s in the NFL who are highly productive & great players, that HS rankings sh*t don’t mean anything once they get on campus lol

Look, I’m high on Brinson too, remember this is LCE homie, there isn’t a person on this board who would be waving the Pom Poms more for a MNW Bull than me lol, so I’m not saying Brinson sucks or he can’t or won’t be good, but what some of yall are missing is that the staff is not scouring the Portal for backups, they’re looking for starters. Bub Means was productive & has good legit speed, he’s done it in game before, our guys have not, it’s that simple. Will they? Sure eventually, but the staff is clearly putting forth a concerted effort to fill spots in positions of need, which if WR wasn’t one of those positions they wouldn’t be looking for a 2nd Portal add just 3 months after already bringing one in.

Brinson has great promise & upside, same with J George, Key Smith & Brashard, but that doesn’t always translate to on field success early on, there will be growing pains with his offense because the WR’s have to work much harder to get open in this system than in last year’s, which is precisely why they’re trying to find another piece now.

Advertisement
That’s not true, Isaiah Neyor, Jacob Cowing, Karen Lacy, Trey Palmer, Kobe Hudson & Antoine Wells were all #1’s.

The guys who they’re looking at now are what’s remaining after they missed on the initial first wave of WR’s that hit the Portal, they bet on Ladson & saw the same thing that Clemson realized about him.

Harrell is a Speed demon, arguably one of the top 5 fastest players in the nation, which is why Bama is paying him top dollar to come to Tuscaloosa. We’re looking at Jerrod Means because he fits exactly what they’re looking for, which is a speed threat that can consistently catch the ball & add the Deep ball element to the offense, which they don’t feel they have right now.

You guys are way too sunk into HS ratings & think that just because a player is at a G5 that means he’s incapable of being good, there’s literally G5 WR’s in the NFL who are highly productive & great players, that HS rankings sh*t don’t mean anything once they get on campus lol

Look, I’m high on Brinson too, remember this is LCE homie, there isn’t a person on this board who would be waving the Pom Poms more for a MNW Bull than me lol, so I’m not saying Brinson sucks or he can’t or won’t be good, but what some of yall are missing is that the staff is not scouring the Portal for backups, they’re looking for starters. Bub Means was productive & has good legit speed, he’s done it in game before, our guys have not, it’s that simple. Will they? Sure eventually, but the staff is clearly putting forth a concerted effort to fill spots in positions of need, which if WR wasn’t one of those positions they wouldn’t be looking for a 2nd Portal add just 3 months after already bringing one in.

Brinson has great promise & upside, same with J George, Key Smith & Brashard, but that doesn’t always translate to on field success early on, there will be growing pains with his offense because the WR’s have to work much harder to get open in this system than in last year’s, which is precisely why they’re trying to find another piece now.

I’m so old, I can remember when we dipped our toe into the G5 water and took a 2-star HS recruit who was playing his college ball at Buffalo. Aside from leading the team in catches, yards, TDs and becoming an NFL draft pick, I’m not sure it was that good of a decision for us.

Advertisement
Tbh no I can't remember who they were playing. But I've only watched 3 or 4 of his games, not including against us. I've noticed it a couple of times though. Throwing the ball where there is no receiver in the area & acknowledging he messed up. He definitely plays great more than not. He is a great college qb who I just don't think will do well at the next level. Just a feeling I have.
I don't like him either. Maybe he grows on me more this year.

Willing to bet the season on a #2 receiver from low P5/G5?
Personally no. But adding a talented body never hurts if the right one is there. My view is we will miss Rambo and his route running (especially late in routes) and if a good route runner comes free we should go for it. Rounded routes won’t get us open in a more condensed offense

Bryce Young died??! T's and P's.
Too little, questionable arm strength, small hands, slight of build and passing from the pocket all legitimately questionable. NFL scouts understand the advantages certain teams have over the competition that makes average players look better. Come draft scrutiny the praise dims.

Advertisement
Back