Brinson is the #1 We Need

Too little, questionable arm strength, small hands, slight of build and passing from the pocket all legitimately questionable. NFL scouts understand the advantages certain teams have over the competition that makes average players look better. Come draft scrutiny the praise dims.
Between that and Tua on the verge of busting.

NFL scouts gotta be skeptical of Bama QBs now

Advertisement
The Offensive coordinator is...

I’m not sure you guys that are so against us adding another WR realize that the COACHES are the ones who are going after these players in the Portal, not the fans. If Gattis & the staff were confident in the guys we already got there would be no discussion about adding guys like Ty Harrell or Jerrod Means.

All the Portal adds this offseason have been in areas of need, they haven’t added any QB’s, TE’s or Safeties from the Portal because why??? They have added 4 Defensive lineman, 2 OL’s, CB, RB & a WR because why???

They added Ladson before Spring camp & then after 15 practices & 3 scrimmages (Spring game included) they’re working on brining in another WR, because why???

Just think about it bro... It’s pretty simple to figure out.
Playing favorites man! They love veterans from other teams when we have gold on our bench that would dominate….

🤣🤣🤣

The Offensive coordinator is...

I’m not sure you guys that are so against us adding another WR realize that the COACHES are the ones who are going after these players in the Portal, not the fans. If Gattis & the staff were confident in the guys we already got there would be no discussion about adding guys like Ty Harrell or Jerrod Means.

All the Portal adds this offseason have been in areas of need, they haven’t added any QB’s, TE’s or Safeties from the Portal because why??? They have added 4 Defensive lineman, 2 OL’s, CB, RB & a WR because why???

They added Ladson before Spring camp & then after 15 practices & 3 scrimmages (Spring game included) they’re working on brining in another WR, because why???

Just think about it bro... It’s pretty simple to figure out.
Ladson bout to end the streak any portal WR snatching a starting spot

The potential is known. He has a ton of high school tape and freshmen year tape.

I’m not saying don’t grab a receiver, I’m saying Brinson WILL be top dog despite who we bring in, barring someone like Rambo or better coming.
I love Brinson's potential too - but a bigger question is when will he reach that potential?

Are you counting on him being the #1 right at the start of Fall camp? By mid-year? By end of this year? By next year?

The better bet is brining in someone that's already proven to play well, and if Brison beats him out, even better.

For Coaches - there's a difference between seeing something on tape & in-person vs feeling it in your plums.

Well lets just call it like we see it and stop dancing around it...outside of X and George..the WR room has been VERY disappointing. And X and George havent exactly lit the world on fire either. Neither will be on anyones Biletnikoff preseason Watch List...But they have at least been servicable and somewhat consistant. The rest of the bunch I have no idea what they have been doing but its like they forgot that Harley and Rambo (especially Harley who was here 6 years) were gone and they might actually have to step up now. Unbelievable how Mario has to add ANOTHER portal WR because the guys in that room cant step up. No excuses.

Advertisement
Well lets just call it like we see it and stop dancing around it...outside of X and George..the WR room has been VERY disappointing. And X and George havent exactly lit the world on fire either. Neither will be on anyones Biletnikoff preseason Watch List...But they have at least been servicable and somewhat consistant. The rest of the bunch I have no idea what they have been doing but its like they forgot that Harley and Rambo (especially Harley who was here 6 years) were gone and they might actually have to step up now. Unbelievable how Mario has to add ANOTHER portal WR because the guys in that room cant step up. No excuses.
Be careful CIS may drag you for talking bout X lol

Be careful CIS may drag you for talking bout X lol
LOL! Man I re-read my post a few times and was like, "**** im about to get dragged for this one". But I actually really like X especially when my granddaughter (she was an AP at Deerfield when he was there) told me he was a GREAT kid. A "Yes ma'am, No ma'am/hold the door open for ladies" type kid. So as an old head that goes along way with me. So im rooting for him. HOWEVER, he should be our #2 option. If he is the #1, I dont know how I feel about that. But I have no doubt he will make some noise in this offense but he cant be our #1 threat if we are going to win the ACC Coastal. JMO.

Advertisement
As much as it’s been discussed that finding a number 1 WR in the portal is paramount, I feel like Brinson is 90% better than anyone out of the portal.

Legit length and height, playmaker and great catch radius. Long speed makes him a real deep threat.

Despite needing to add size and better route running, he still regularly cooked P5 corners in HS (See Jason Marshall).

What we need to do is let him get healthy, which he’s close to, and let him get with Feld, which he absolutely will.

Gimme Brinson over anyone we’ve discussed in the portal thus far.
Just because we bring in another portal WR does not mean Brinson can't reach his potential. We have a lot of highly recruited, highly rated, productive HS guys but none of them have been able to prove they have what it takes so far to also be productive in college.

****, Brinson could be like Cheney. Hella talented but can't stay healthy long enough to make the impact they should.

There is nothing wrong with adding a proven productive college WR. As the saying goes, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. We have a ton of birds in our bushes, we need to start getting some in our hands and stop waiting for them to come out the bush.

I’m getting down voted left and right. Braxton Berrios was 10x the player this kid currently is. He’s a great #3 or 4. Not a 1.
#4? LOL. Lets not get too carried away. I like him over George right now as the #2. George flashes but im not seeing what everyone sees as far as this future star. Just doesnt seem consistent but its early in his career. So im not making any final judgements.

Too little, questionable arm strength, small hands, slight of build and passing from the pocket all legitimately questionable. NFL scouts understand the advantages certain teams have over the competition that makes average players look better. Come draft scrutiny the praise dims.

I feel better about him being the #1 pick now.

Advertisement
WR is the last position group any team needs to upgrade. Bill Walsh used to say this and it remains true today. While it is nice to have a true No 1, it is also a luxury.

The dudes we have are blue chip recruits. One of them will catch the ball for us.

Much more important to upgrade the defensive front 7, which is exactly what you see Mario doing. WR will be fine.

As much as it’s been discussed that finding a number 1 WR in the portal is paramount, I feel like Brinson is 90% better than anyone out of the portal.

Legit length and height, playmaker and great catch radius. Long speed makes him a real deep threat.

Despite needing to add size and better route running, he still regularly cooked P5 corners in HS (See Jason Marshall).

What we need to do is let him get healthy, which he’s close to, and let him get with Feld, which he absolutely will.

Gimme Brinson over anyone we’ve discussed in the portal thus far.
Still might need somebody to start opposite Brinson. A good portal player will help Brinson even if he turns fully into what you see in him. If all we have is Brinson, teams will key on him to keep his production as low as possible. Just look at it as bringing him competition... or help. The better the targets for TVD are, the better the offense will be.

Advertisement
That’s not true, Isaiah Neyor, Jacob Cowing, Karen Lacy, Trey Palmer, Kobe Hudson & Antoine Wells were all #1’s.

The guys who they’re looking at now are what’s remaining after they missed on the initial first wave of WR’s that hit the Portal, they bet on Ladson & saw the same thing that Clemson realized about him.

Harrell is a Speed demon, arguably one of the top 5 fastest players in the nation, which is why Bama is paying him top dollar to come to Tuscaloosa. We’re looking at Jerrod Means because he fits exactly what they’re looking for, which is a speed threat that can consistently catch the ball & add the Deep ball element to the offense, which they don’t feel they have right now.

You guys are way too sunk into HS ratings & think that just because a player is at a G5 that means he’s incapable of being good, there’s literally G5 WR’s in the NFL who are highly productive & great players, that HS rankings sh*t don’t mean anything once they get on campus lol

Look, I’m high on Brinson too, remember this is LCE homie, there isn’t a person on this board who would be waving the Pom Poms more for a MNW Bull than me lol, so I’m not saying Brinson sucks or he can’t or won’t be good, but what some of yall are missing is that the staff is not scouring the Portal for backups, they’re looking for starters. Bub Means was productive & has good legit speed, he’s done it in game before, our guys have not, it’s that simple. Will they? Sure eventually, but the staff is clearly putting forth a concerted effort to fill spots in positions of need, which if WR wasn’t one of those positions they wouldn’t be looking for a 2nd Portal add just 3 months after already bringing one in.

Brinson has great promise & upside, same with J George, Key Smith & Brashard, but that doesn’t always translate to on field success early on, there will be growing pains with his offense because the WR’s have to work much harder to get open in this system than in last year’s, which is precisely why they’re trying to find another piece now.
All of this☝🏾…. ESPECIALLY the bolded.

***** IF I'M ANY OF THOSE KIDS AT WR I'M ****ED IF THEY BRING IN A PORTAL WR.....NOW I'M GOING EXTRA HARD IN THE OFFSEASON WORKOUTS...... JUST TO MAKE SURE HE GETS NO PLAYING TIME.
wedding crashers comedy GIF

I don't think he's a good pro prospect. That's no expert opinion. He's small & seems confused alot for someone who's supposed to be an elite QB. He plays great competition & is clearly talented. I just don't think it will translate. TVD has better tools to work with at the next level but he isn't there yet either. But Van Dyke is aware of his shortcomings so I'm hopeful he puts it all together
Betting on a bama qb to move from great protection and elite wide open wrs to a dismal early drafting nfl team hasn't worked very well. Tua, of course, has one more year to prove he's different.

Advertisement
Back