Bring Back Butch!

Another job u have to do what u have to do
DD755B2C-8281-4FFF-9B31-F97B910406AF.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sure - and people have the right to despise you for it.
True indeed

Watching the game I hated it but I understood it.....it's like if a ref in boxing is the the guy punch in a clinch behind the head. He will keep doing it....I don't know what the refs could of done but what can u do. Thing is when stupid **** like that happens everyone gets a breather on both sides of the ball

timing is everything and time has passed our old friend. Nothing but respect for him. Hurricane for life

edit: I’ll never understand or respect how certain members of this board try to tear down individuals who gave their heart and soul to this program.
Couldn't be more true. It is very sad for supposed fans to act in such a manner. Wish they would choose another team to dishonor rather than us.

True indeed

Watching the game I hated it but I understood it.....it's like if a ref in boxing is the the guy punch in a clinch behind the head. He will keep doing it....I don't know what the refs could of done but what can u do. Thing is when stupid **** like that happens everyone gets a breather on both sides of the ball
I’ve thought about this in the context of it happening if this year’s team played FIU and our game is tempo. It would stop that.

I actually can’t believe that the NCAA didn’t act to put penalties in place for this.

Advertisement
I’ve thought about this in the context of it happening if this year’s team played FIU and our game is tempo. It would stop that.

I actually can’t believe that the NCAA didn’t act to put penalties in place for this.
There is no way for them to know who is really injured.... and as soon as they rush it and someone has a big injury they will blame someone and make a huge deal out of it.

Interesting to see how they would approach it though.. that would be real interesting.

People like DWins don’t get why the flopping was such a bltch move.

It’s not that he did it.

It’s that he openly flaunted it. He wanted everybody to know that they were flopping, that he didn’t care, that he was brazenly telling his players to flop, and he was rubbing our faces in it. He could’ve been less open about it, but no, he wanted make sure everyone knew.

it was open contempt, and disrespect. Of the worst kind.

It was an ultra bltch move. He did it on purpose, not just to win, I don’t necessarily blame him for that, but to make sure everyone knew that he was doing it, to show us the middle finger.

It was an obvious fūck you to the University Of Miami, the program, and it’s fans. He cut off whatever respect and affection there is or had been between him and the program. Forever.

I lost whatever respect I had for Butch on that night.

Honestly I don’t know who I hated more that night, Butch or Manny. It was a tossup for me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Known cheaters and this type of behavior (although annoying and fuqed up) are usually the best coaches when they are at big programs.
LOL but when these cheater coaches aren’t at big time programs but have access to better talent than the teams they compete against yet continuously get destroyed they are no longer the “best coaches”?

Stop it. He’s not a good coach at this point. Good coaches perform no matter the level of the program. Stop making excuses for him. He’s been a disaster at FIU.

We all thought when he went there he would have them rolling since he could scoop up all of our plan B and C kids.

We were wrong.

Advertisement
As time goes on, the team Davis built in the 90’s looks more and more like an outlier. It’s very possible that Butch just caught lightning in a bottle for a brief period in time. At the very least he certainly enjoyed recruiting during a time when south Florida players could slip under the radar and every bag school wasn’t throwing wads of cash at every kid here with a pulse. He definitely hasn’t had the same ability to uncover talent at FIU.
I guess you could point to the win over UM as a highlight but he was never able to build any momentum off that. That game was more a out UM sucking than FIU getting better. ****, Mike Kruczek led UCF to a win at Alabama during their fifth season at FBS level back in 2000. Nobody outside of a handful of UCF diehards gives a crap about that game anymore. Kruczek got fired three years later.

You're ignoring that under Jimmy, Butch took off most Thursdays to go out and evaluate and recruit.

Lots of those players that Jimmy got - actually Butch got.

No slipping under the radar - no catching lightning in a bottle - just knew what he was doing.

So in closing - recruited JJ's stars - who also played for Erickson, and then for himself put together the greatest college football team of all time.

And I find it odd - if he was so - lucky - that ever since we ran out of Butch Davis recruits - our program has been right down the crapper.

As time goes on, the team Davis built in the 90’s looks more and more like an outlier. It’s very possible that Butch just caught lightning in a bottle for a brief period in time. At the very least he certainly enjoyed recruiting during a time when south Florida players could slip under the radar and every bag school wasn’t throwing wads of cash at every kid here with a pulse. He definitely hasn’t had the same ability to uncover talent at FIU.
I guess you could point to the win over UM as a highlight but he was never able to build any momentum off that. That game was more a out UM sucking than FIU getting better. ****, Mike Kruczek led UCF to a win at Alabama during their fifth season at FBS level back in 2000. Nobody outside of a handful of UCF diehards gives a crap about that game anymore. Kruczek got fired three years later.

I see a post like this and think dam.... dudes watch days of our lives? wow

Advertisement
Back