Bring Back Butch!

Advertisement
Is this a good thread to post that I'd like Randy Shannon again as DC?

lets-not-forget-the-greatest-shoe-throw-dodge-102660.gif

Advertisement
It is sad that some of our fans cannot give Butch credit for anything that he did for this program. Yes, Coker's name is on the head coach for that 2001 NC. It's total BS to suggest Butch never won anything significant. Ask any other fan of any other team and they will say Butch won it. Most don't have a f**king clue who Coker is, but they all know and acknowledge that Butch built a powerhouse.

I lived in Arkansas most of my life and Razorback fans wanted him after the Bobby Petrino scandal.

While I certainly think that Butch is not the right choice now for our coach, he may have been 5+ years ago. Everybody is just butthurt that he left and our next coach/coaches failed miserably. If Butch would have stayed, I truly believe he would have had a run much like Saban is now at Bama. Maybe not quite that successful, but we would have remained elite for several more years. That's what hurts us all a little bit, knowing the run we would have. It ended to quickly and some want to blame Butch.

Both of those coaches won something.
And Coach E won two! Please don’t tell me It was because he had Jimmy’s guys, because Jimmy won 1 with Jimmy’s guys. Dennis Erickson can coach and was way ahead of his time as an offensive genius. His one back along with Jack Elway led to today’s new looks. As I posted in another thread, Tad pushed Jimmy out the door when he decided to make UM the Harvard if the south and Jimmy said see ya. Coach E came in and recruiting rules at Miami changed dramatically including Prop 48. After the Cotton Bowl the program and administration were at war. Tad never appreciated what football did for UM and Jimmy and Coach E are not bashful about saying so. The Pell Grant situation sealed the deal and Dennis left for the NFL. Erickson takes a lot of nonsense hear, he was a great game day coach and beloved by his squads. He’s in UM’s HOF and the College Football HOF, let me know what other Miami coaches can say that. Aftef probation the BOT demanded some changes, and turned Butch loose and he deliver the greatest roster in college football history. Carmen Policy made Him an offer in Cleveland and he got out of Dodge.

Last edited by a moderator:
ALways liked Butch. We will never know what could have been. That being said, he lost me with the Bush League stuff during last years game. Crossed the line. But I’d take his defenses under JJ over most of the stuff we’ve trotted out there over the last 20 years.

The best part is, all the Butch slurpers here wanted him fired from 1995-1999. Fans were flying “fire butch” banners way before anybody did it for al Golden. @caneinorlando do you have any pictures of Butch shaking hands with the East Carolina coach after he lost to them twice?
****, my man DTP went straight for the jugular with that one good lord

Advertisement
Fiu doesn't have the resources Miami does and can't draw the players Miami can. The scathing indictment on people like you is you talk all this smack about the man yet you long for our current Canes to play like his did. No go on and lie and say otherwise or go off the deep end like some fks did before and claim Coker got us that 01 natty. Go on. 😂

I ain’t saying noting bad About coach Davis, I remember all to well how he whipped our *** last year. And we got shutout on national TV by, oh yea La Tech.
Let’s hope this team is for real this year, I am not convinced yet..
Go Canes beat Va.

You can't be that damned simple minded - no one is!

Get a few facts and quit making crap up - we also came as close as you can get to NCAA Sudden Death. All on Erickson's watch.

Schnellenberger left for the Pros - no problem there.
JJ left for the Pros - no problem there.
Butch left for the Pros - and he's Satan incarnated.

Wow.

Yes we got slammed by the NCAA. Everyone knows that. But every kid growing up in that era watched UM dominate college football for their entire childhood, from pee wees til they got to high school.

It's not like they were some nothing school. FOUR titles won in a decade, 3-4 more played for.

They were still the U.

Yes we got slammed by the NCAA. Everyone knows that. But every kid growing up in that era watched UM dominate college football for their entire childhood, from pee wees til they got to high school.

It's not like they were some nothing school. FOUR titles won in a decade, 3-4 more played for.

They were still the U.

Yeah - well I used to be a single man, care free, mighty handsome, and not in football - I scored a lot.

Overnight - that changed. Or seemed like it.

Advertisement
ALways liked Butch. We will never know what could have been. That being said, he lost me with the Bush League stuff during last years game. Crossed the line. But I’d take his defenses under JJ over most of the stuff we’ve trotted out there over the last 20 years.
Those weren't Butch's defense's....they were Wannstadts...

Advertisement
Back