Bring Back Butch!

Advertisement
https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/fiu-humiliated-in-loss-to-fcs-foe-jacksonville-state/2311152/

C4478698-9C52-4C78-98DE-6C4102A81BEB.jpeg

timing is everything and time has passed our old friend. Nothing but respect for him. Hurricane for life

edit: I’ll never understand or respect how certain members of this board try to tear down individuals who gave their heart and soul to this program.

Advertisement
look it's not about butch, it's about the people who insisted for years that he was the *only* person who could return miami to national relevance -- despite being a middling coach at UNC and then being out of football for years. it never made sense then, it makes even less sense now. canes fans have been thru some dark times but the self-inflicted era of "HIRE BUTCH OR ELSE" was one of the darkest.

I don't get it bruh I just don't get it. We love the trash and hate who helps us
Prior to last year, I had nothing against Butch and was grateful for what he did and did not blame him at all for leaving for the NFL, but I also didn't think he was the answer as a HC when Manny or Richt were hired. After last year though, the **** they pulled with the constant 'cramps'. There is no question that he had FIU ready and they wanted the win more than our players and I am not one of those 'play the game the right way' (no matter what game) types, but that was some real bush league bull**** he pulled.

put him out to pasture already, shameless old man and his fake injury tricks.

Well it sure as **** worked against UM!

I can't help it - that was some funny stuff! He pulled every trick out of his hat AS the UM Head Coach - I don't know why anyone would expect him to change his ways . . .

Look at it this way - we got Lashlee and a lot more due to that azzwhipping we took!

Dabo got rid of Golden for us - and Butch got rid of (P)enos!

Advertisement
Advertisement
look it's not about butch, it's about the people who insisted for years that he was the *only* person who could return miami to national relevance -- despite being a middling coach at UNC and then being out of football for years. it never made sense then, it makes even less sense now. canes fans have been thru some dark times but the self-inflicted era of "HIRE BUTCH OR ELSE" was one of the darkest.
Excellent response

Advertisement
He WAS the correct choice from 2001 onward to around 2012....anyone who thinks otherwise are a joke....He would have Destroyed recruiting from 2001 onward....every Dade coach loved him....Sure the time has passed...he realizes that...but you can bet we would have more than 5 NCs if he stayed....And spare me with that Gameday Coach BS....See how good Dabo and the midget Douche Saban would do today minus 30+ schollies...and public scorn....Butchs evaluations...recruiting..and putting a Grade A staff together More than makes up for any other deficiency...If the majority of CIS posters knew the staff he was going to bring to UM before Golden was hired, they'd March to Hecht and burn it down...25 1st rounders from 95-2004....Let that sink in....He put more kids into the NFL than JJ and Erickson combined...and alot more 1st rounders....

As time goes on, the team Davis built in the 90’s looks more and more like an outlier. It’s very possible that Butch just caught lightning in a bottle for a brief period in time. At the very least he certainly enjoyed recruiting during a time when south Florida players could slip under the radar and every bag school wasn’t throwing wads of cash at every kid here with a pulse. He definitely hasn’t had the same ability to uncover talent at FIU.
I guess you could point to the win over UM as a highlight but he was never able to build any momentum off that. That game was more a out UM sucking than FIU getting better. ****, Mike Kruczek led UCF to a win at Alabama during their fifth season at FBS level back in 2000. Nobody outside of a handful of UCF diehards gives a crap about that game anymore. Kruczek got fired three years later.

Advertisement
Back