Brightline

Advertisement
Why didn’t they make it a bullet train? Trains in China, Japan, and France routinely average over 200 mph. The Japanese have a next generation maglev train that gets up to 370 mph.

Not impressed by some 1960’s technology train that gets you from Orlando to Miami slower than you could drive it, all while charging $200 a seat.

Yawn.
They had one in the works....OIA to Tampa (Ybor City) then to Miami @ 170mph....Work (Civil Engineering) started in 2010...was going to go down the Middle of I-4 above the ground....I had multiple friends (Engineering field) on the project for 16 months and Douchebag Rick Scott canceled the project.

Make no mistake. Driving yourself will always be cheaper. The fact that it has multiple departure times and arrival in under 4 hours makes it more convenient and faster than Amtrak.

Everyone has their preferences, but being able to stretch my legs, walk, use the internet and have food plus alcohol makes the premium worth it.

Today is the first Orlando train so we’ll hear from the riders soon enough.
It's not that much cheaper. After gas and tolls 100 dollars cheaper...

Advertisement
Going to Fort Lauderdale next month and plan on taking a trip up to West Palm for the day. My woman and I were going to ride Brightline.

How's everyone's experiences been if you rode it before?
It's a decent ride. HUGE pain in *** if they hit eomebody. They make you disembark and you take a shuttle to the next station.

Very inconsiderate of the pancake if you ask me, I got places to be and shrimp**** **** to do.

I know the area well...you'd be much better off on the South side of Winter Garden...unless there's a specific reason for that area.

The wife doesn’t have to go into the office a ton but she does go in, and her office is in Maitland. That southern winter garden/horizon west area is pretty far from there. But I do like it out there. Newer properties and a lot of growth.

They had one in the works....OIA to Tampa (Ybor City) then to Miami @ 170mph....Work (Civil Engineering) started in 2010...was going to go down the Middle of I-4 above the ground....I had multiple friends (Engineering field) on the project for 16 months and Douchebag Rick Scott canceled the project.

Why build something useful and build it the right way when we can build something decidedly below average for twice the money?

God bless America, but that's how we roll.

I mean they've only had bullet trains in Japan and Europe since the 70's, maybe in another 40 years we'll have one or two lines. They built 30,000 miles of high speed trains in China in 10 years, but hey, who needs to get anywhere fast anyway? Not like time and traveling places is valuable or anything.

IDK man, I look at this whole dumb Brightline project like we're the Soviets in 1959 bragging about building a black-and-white TV. Oh yay it's a ******* basic *** train that takes longer than driving the same distance. Good for us, I guess.

Advertisement
Why build something useful and build it the right way when we can build something decidedly below average for twice the money?

God bless America, but that's how we roll.

I mean they've only had bullet trains in Japan and Europe since the 70's, maybe in another 40 years we'll have one or two lines. They built 30,000 miles of high speed trains in China in 10 years, but hey, who needs to get anywhere fast anyway? Not like time and traveling places is valuable or anything.

IDK man, I look at this whole dumb Brightline project like we're the Soviets in 1959 bragging about building a black-and-white TV. Oh yay it's a ******* basic *** train that takes longer than driving the same distance. Good for us, I guess.
I agree wholeheartedly

Why didn’t they make it a bullet train? Trains in China, Japan, and France routinely average over 200 mph. The Japanese have a next generation maglev train that gets up to 370 mph.

Not impressed by some 1960’s technology train that gets you from Orlando to Miami slower than you could drive it, all while charging $200 a seat.

Yawn.

It's much faster from West Palm to Orlando. They built new track. Still the old Amtrak line in SoFla, so it can't hit the same speeds.

But it's capable of doing 120-140.

Advertisement
Winter Garden, to be specific. Pretty close to Plant Street downtown

I love @SWFLHurricane , but he is still having flashbacks to homeless people near downtown Orlando.

Once you get out into suburbia, you simply don't have those issues. You still have traffic, etc.

Winter Garden is interesting, it wasn't much when I was a kid, but it's really come up lately. It's on the back side of Windemere, plus you can head up the western beltway into Seminole and Lake counties. I grew up nearby, in the Maitland-Altamonte area and I frequently go through Winter Garden when I drive down from ATL (due to where the Turnpike hits the beltway).

Once you get moved down, hit me up, I'll give you some amazing places to go along the western side of Orlando. And if you like to hunt/fish, I'll connect you with my brother, he knows all the spots.

Here's what I don't understand.

Unless this is "the crossing lights didn't work", I'm not sure why anyone cares. If someone tries to race a train, or if someone tries "suicide-by-train", those types of things can happen anywhere at any time. The FASTEST part of the Brightline is between West Palm and Orlando and has only just started to run.

So it seems to me that all these "Brightline deaths" are just business as usual. Except for a private company, instead of a state-owned/state-run rail line.

Nothing to see here.
Honestly, Brightline are the real victims here.
Awkward breathless media coverage that doesn’t properly identify the deceased for what they usually are- idiots, or suiciders.
Brightline are just thinning the herd and taking all the flak.

Advertisement
I love @SWFLHurricane , but he is still having flashbacks to homeless people near downtown Orlando.

Once you get out into suburbia, you simply don't have those issues. You still have traffic, etc.

Winter Garden is interesting, it wasn't much when I was a kid, but it's really come up lately. It's on the back side of Windemere, plus you can head up the western beltway into Seminole and Lake counties. I grew up nearby, in the Maitland-Altamonte area and I frequently go through Winter Garden when I drive down from ATL (due to where the Turnpike hits the beltway).

Once you get moved down, hit me up, I'll give you some amazing places to go along the western side of Orlando. And if you like to hunt/fish, I'll connect you with my brother, he knows all the spots.
I know that entire area well. I have friends from Ocoee, to the Butler Chain of Lakes. The South Winter Garden is nice....North side Meh....

I know that entire area well. I have friends from Ocoee, to the Butler Chain of Lakes. The South Winter Garden is nice....North side Meh....
You always tell people Orlando sucks, but when they tell you the area they are in you say “it’s nice”

Advertisement
Back