Brightline

Advertisement
Right. Almost $200, it worth it?
Make no mistake. Driving yourself will always be cheaper. The fact that it has multiple departure times and arrival in under 4 hours makes it more convenient and faster than Amtrak.

Everyone has their preferences, but being able to stretch my legs, walk, use the internet and have food plus alcohol makes the premium worth it.

Today is the first Orlando train so we’ll hear from the riders soon enough.

Great for going to Heat games. But unless you vehemently oppose driving, it really isn’t much better going to and from Orlando (on paper) - still 3 hours, costs more, and still likely need to find other transportation to your event.

Orlando resident here and I was looking forward to using the train to head down for games. I'm not really liking the prices though.

Price are not great. And the route from Orlando to AVENTURA should only take 2 hours and 52 minutes (in the morning) or 3 hours and 9 minutes (at busier times), it's an extra half-hour to get to the Miami station.

I look at it for the convenience. I don't have to drive, I don't buy gas, I can sell my parking passes, etc.

Just waiting to find out the GaTech game time.

Advertisement
Bonus Round points!

Here's what I don't understand.

Unless this is "the crossing lights didn't work", I'm not sure why anyone cares. If someone tries to race a train, or if someone tries "suicide-by-train", those types of things can happen anywhere at any time. The FASTEST part of the Brightline is between West Palm and Orlando and has only just started to run.

So it seems to me that all these "Brightline deaths" are just business as usual. Except for a private company, instead of a state-owned/state-run rail line.

Nothing to see here.

Going to Fort Lauderdale next month and plan on taking a trip up to West Palm for the day. My woman and I were going to ride Brightline.

How's everyone's experiences been if you rode it before?

Advertisement
Really? I had never checked.

I know Brightline runs from Orlando International to Aventura. If the GaTech game is at noon or 3:30, I think I'm using Brightline (to try it out).
If you do let me know how it goes. Been going down and back due to my work schedule. I live in Lake Nona. Would be nice to find a train solution that makes sense.

Advertisement
Going to Fort Lauderdale next month and plan on taking a trip up to West Palm for the day. My woman and I were going to ride Brightline.

How's everyone's experiences been if you rode it before?
I've gone a few times and it was fun. The last time I went I booked the upgraded ticket and got the free drinks/snacks at the station and on the train. Knowing you like to have a few beers, you may look into that. The West Palm station is right at Clematis street in downtown. It's a cool area with plenty of spots to eat, drink, whatever.

I've gone a few times and it was fun. The last time I went I booked the upgraded ticket and got the free drinks/snacks at the station and on the train. Knowing you like to have a few beers, you may look into that. The West Palm station is right at Clematis street in downtown. It's a cool area with plenty of spots to eat, drink, whatever.
Appreciate the feedback.

Right. Almost $200, it worth it?
$200 per person. You want to go with anyone else and you’re looking at close to $400…. Could probably fly to Miami for cheaper 🤣

Also, doesn’t help that once you arrive the brightline station in Miami is close to bayside, nowhere near HardRock.

Advertisement
$200 per person. You want to go with anyone else and you’re looking at close to $400…. Could probably fly to Miami for cheaper 🤣

Also, doesn’t help that once you arrive the brightline station in Miami is close to bayside, nowhere near HardRock.
You'd be taking it to the Aventura station.

Why didn’t they make it a bullet train? Trains in China, Japan, and France routinely average over 200 mph. The Japanese have a next generation maglev train that gets up to 370 mph.

Not impressed by some 1960’s technology train that gets you from Orlando to Miami slower than you could drive it, all while charging $200 a seat.

Yawn.

Why didn’t they make it a bullet train? Trains in China, Japan, and France routinely average over 200 mph. The Japanese have a next generation maglev train that gets up to 370 mph.

Not impressed by some 1960’s technology train that gets you from Orlando to Miami slower than you could drive it, all while charging $200 a seat.

Yawn.
$79 per seat unless it’s close to capacity.

Advertisement
Back