Brightline

The College park one was mediocre...was there 3 weeks ago. That entire area is going to ****. Businesses are closing left and right. Graffiti Junction a few doors down closed 2 months ago. Armandos Italian is overpriced and Meh...That strip at one time was the Sh*t...now the best thing there is Jeremiah's Ice Cream.

Pizza Bruno in College Park is the ONLY location I listed that I have not yet been to.

Advertisement
They had one in the works....OIA to Tampa (Ybor City) then to Miami @ 170mph....Work (Civil Engineering) started in 2010...was going to go down the Middle of I-4 above the ground....I had multiple friends (Engineering field) on the project for 16 months and Douchebag Rick Scott canceled the project.
It’s impossible to talk about bullet trains in the United States without the ugly word of politics getting in the way.

High speed rail will never get done in the United States unless we have another economic meltdown like the great depression and somebody wants to do another new deal.

Every single politician will have their hand out. Environmental groups would crush any initiatives.
Lobbyists from the rental car companies, and the airline industry would flood the capital building.
The car industry and the oil industry will jump on board in the lobbying as well.

But the fact that we don’t have a high speed rail system in a country like ours with the available resources is just ceazy if you ask me. Again, just my opinion, I don’t want anybody getting upset.

But a high-speed rail system from Miami, Orlando, Tampa Jacksonville, Atlanta, Charlotte Philadelphia, DC and NYC would be a game changer for the East Coast.

But only if it’s high speed rail.
Anything else is just glorified Amtrack.

45 minutes to Orlando with a drop off near the parks would be game changer.

Bright line is 3 hrs and I still have to rent a car or catch an Uber?
Seems like a waste unless you have family or friends to meet you at the station.

No way I take my family to Orlando on rail for the same drive time so i can get there and still need to rent a car or catch an Uber.

High speed rail makes getting back the same day a lot easier.

Inagjne going to a game at hrs at night and getting back to Orlando by midnight!

It’s a game changer.

I’ll gladly pay the 200 bucks if it gets me there in less than an hour. But to pay 200 bucks for the same drive time doesn’t make any sense to me.

You can catch a flight cheaper than that.

Advertisement
It’s impossible to talk about bullet trains in the United States without the ugly word of politics getting in the way.

High speed rail will never get done in the United States unless we have another economic meltdown like the great depression and somebody wants to do another new deal.

Every single politician will have their hand out. Environmental groups would crush any initiatives.
Lobbyists from the rental car companies, and the airline industry would flood the capital building.
The car industry and the oil industry will jump on board in the lobbying as well.

But the fact that we don’t have a high speed rail system in a country like ours with the available resources is just ceazy if you ask me. Again, just my opinion, I don’t want anybody getting upset.

But a high-speed rail system from Miami, Orlando, Tampa Jacksonville, Atlanta, Charlotte Philadelphia, DC and NYC would be a game changer for the East Coast.

Seems like a waste unless you have family or friends to meet you at the station.

No way I take my family to Orlando on rail for the same drive time so i can get there and still need to rent a car or catch an Uber.

Inagjne going to a game at hrs at night and getting back to Orlando by midnight!

It’s a game changer.

I’ll gladly pay the 200 bucks if it gets me there in less than an hour. But to pay 200 bucks for the same drive time doesn’t make any sense to me.

There's the problem. It's the surface transportation after the train ride. Make it an easy decision with convenient shuttles to events/destinations and then work from there. And make it cost at least the same as driving.

It’s a game changer.

Literally what happened....the Environmentalists were losing their minds because the Ibor City to Miami route would infringe on Lake Okeechobee alittle. The entire project made 100% sense. OIA to Tampa....Tampa to Miami...then eventually Orlando to Jacksonville, connecting to the entire Eastern Seaboard.

The College park one was mediocre...was there 3 weeks ago. That entire area is going to ****. Businesses are closing left and right. Graffiti Junction a few doors down closed 2 months ago. Armandos Italian is overpriced and Meh...That strip at one time was the Sh*t...now the best thing there is Jeremiah's Ice Cream.
area is changing where its getting priced out of the existing market. Pizza Bruno knots are their best thing imo.

i was never a fan of any of the food in CP tbh. armandos sucks.

Advertisement
Same person or different people?
Sorry, different people. My cousin has since moved to Jacksonville and my brother is up here in Maryland near me. They are the same age, older than me. Their wives, they all knew each other, fell in love with that area and i used to go visit.
This right here is what makes this place great. A double entendre and a serious answer.

Because on the gators boards, it wouldn't have been a double entendre.

Why didn’t they make it a bullet train? Trains in China, Japan, and France routinely average over 200 mph. The Japanese have a next generation maglev train that gets up to 370 mph.

Not impressed by some 1960’s technology train that gets you from Orlando to Miami slower than you could drive it, all while charging $200 a seat.

Yawn.
If you're willing to drive the same length of time, proves you have nothing better to do anyway, so don't know what the *****ing is about... so you can fart in your car?

Advertisement
area is changing where its getting priced out of the existing market. Pizza Bruno knots are their best thing imo.

I could walk into Armando's, throw everybody tf out of the kitchen....write a New menu in 2 days, reopen within a week....and have lines down the street waiting to get in....

I liked RusTeak, but it's been a few years. I don't even think it's still there.

Advertisement
There's certain entities in this country that don't want trains, let alone fast passenger trains. Namely car manufacturers, the airline industry, and behind both of them are the oil industry. Good luck getting support on the Hill when they're in the pockets of those three industries.

It's **** like this that constantly keep us behind other first world countries in transportion.

Our cities have horrid traffic issues with **** infrastructure and not a high speed train in site. Its embarrassing.

What we get is a "luxury" mid speed train more expensive than flying.

Advertisement
Back