Brian Polendey new commit

watched his highlights, and I gotta say.....not really impressed.

This is The U....if were ever gonna get back competing for titles, we need the freakazoids aka the difference makers. just getting 'ok' players which any program can snag is not gonna cut it. and this kid is just an ok player. nothing special.

You don't know what this dude is or will be. Nobody knew njoku would turn out to be what he was. Nobody knew Walford would end up being as good as he was.
Everyone who was paying attention knew Njoku's athletic ability. Comments about his speed are misplaced. He was the best high jumper in the country as a high schooler. That speaks to explosiveness and athleticism.

Yeah, Rob Chudzinski was a real freakazoid.

Bubba wasn't exactly a burner

Advertisement

This is The U....if were ever gonna get back competing for titles, we need the freakazoids aka the difference makers. just getting 'ok' players which any program can snag is not gonna cut it. and this kid is just an ok player. nothing special.

Olsen > Kaaya

Right?

credibility shattered

#14 ranked TE by rivals and a high 3 star, for those into that stuff, and he's only been playing organized football for a year. I think he's got huge upside. Complete package. Willing blocker, sneaky athleticism for his size and good hands. Will blow up this year. All your TEs can't just be receiving threats. Need to mix in TEs who can have an impact on all 3 downs. Welcome to the U.

After watching it for the second time, I have to agree with you. He has the potential, take for instance when he goes to get hit he is standing straight up. Once he starts to lower his pad level he will break a few more tackles. I really like the soft zone routes he was doing. Plus add that up with how he is willing to block he is only going to get bigger and better with proper coaching. I see him really making big improvements this year.

Last edited:

You don't know what this dude is or will be. Nobody knew njoku would turn out to be what he was. Nobody knew Walford would end up being as good as he was.
Everyone who was paying attention knew Njoku's athletic ability. Comments about his speed are misplaced. He was the best high jumper in the country as a high schooler. That speaks to explosiveness and athleticism.

His HS tapes illustrated his talents and potential, consensus of board thought it was the competition, the kid was and is a freak.

I think this guy is for Blocking. Don't discount that in the run game.

Richt doesn't, that's all I care about.

Our fans aren't happy unless every wide out takes the top off of a defense every play with 4.25 40 speed and every TE meets the proper 6'7 250 frame as a Junior in high school with the vertical of a high jumper.

UM

Advertisement
Dudes like this populate NFL teams for 10 years. If you're going to run the football down freaking hill, you need a tight end that can control DEs. He's probably gonna bump up to 255-260 after a couple years here and he can do it comfortably without losing his considerable athleticism for his size. Like this pick up

Advertisement
in line te.

POTENTIAL TO BE 6'4 250 + DOWN THE ROAD.

Kid hD 9 CATCHES ON THE YEAR. LOL...

dONT MIND THE TAKE WE NEED AN INLINE TE....we have awhole bunch of guys that can play out wide and catch passes already

White TE means he must be slow and a blocker. This ****'s getting as cliche as the black QB being run-first.

in line te.

POTENTIAL TO BE 6'4 250 + DOWN THE ROAD.

Kid hD 9 CATCHES ON THE YEAR. LOL...

dONT MIND THE TAKE WE NEED AN INLINE TE....we have awhole bunch of guys that can play out wide and catch passes already

Exactly. Need pickup.

Hard to say without game film but he seems tough and disciplined in highlights. He has good height but doesn't look naturally powerful. Not a Miami-type receiving threat.

Ravian Pierce is another H-back but I hope we keep an eye on him.

FRESH. SEASON - Ravian Pierce highlights - Hudl

Advertisement
Surprised nobody mentioned the fact that Harbaugh offered him.

I'll pretty much sign off on anyone he offers. The guy knows talent.

Surprised nobody mentioned the fact that Harbaugh offered him.

I'll pretty much sign off on anyone he offers. The guy knows talent.

Exactly. Harbaugh knows TEs. He's got four former Stanford TEs that he recruited in the NFL now. Ertz, Fleener, Hewitt and Toilolo. Now Jake Butt at Michigan. He knows what an NFL TE looks like.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Anyone else notice that AriZ was wrong about those guys committing......... some random guy says commit alert and he's proven right a few days later. AriZ says it and he's completely off lol............. maybe that'll change in a few days.

Dudes like this populate NFL teams for 10 years. If you're going to run the football down freaking hill, you need a tight end that can control DEs. He's probably gonna bump up to 255-260 after a couple years here and he can do it comfortably without losing his considerable athleticism for his size. Like this pick up

Bingo. First thing I thought going through his highlights was that he looks like an NFL Tight End. This is the kind of guy who makes the league because he has a range of skills.

You don't know what this dude is or will be. Nobody knew njoku would turn out to be what be was. Nobody knew Walford would end up being as good as he was.

those guys were freakish athletes. even if they were raw, their ability was apparent on film. I don't see it with this guy.

Walford was never a freak athlete. Everybody was saying njoku was slow. You don't have to be a freak athlete to be a good te. Look at jason written, he will likely be a hall of famer and has always been slow but he catches everything and blocks.

I personally rather have a Witten type than a Jimmy Graham type, he's a cane but let's be real , he's a god awful blocker . Brings nothing to the run game .

I gotta defend Jimmy a little. He played one year in college and only a handful in the NFL. Up until this season, he was never really asked to block. He is a big man and strong. I am sure he can be taught how to block. Witten wishes he could do half the stuff Jimmy can.

This kid reminds me of a HS school version of Jason Whitten. He's Just fast enough to exploit the seems and he's got good hands. This kid also loves to finish his blocks. I like this take. If you're gonna be a downhill, pro style, run first team. You need guys that can block and this kid fits the bill. If he gets too big, you can move him to the ol.

Advertisement
Back